[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Live in small house, drive cheap car >Look poor, but am
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: 1368619739876.png (22 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
1368619739876.png
22 KB, 645x773
>Live in small house, drive cheap car
>Look poor, but am actually richer than all my friends with big houses and nice cars
>They all rip on me for being """"""""poor"""""""""" when I actively know a few of them are up to their necks in debt

wat do /biz/
>>
Have self esteem and dont think of them
>>
>>1166218
>wat do /biz/
Deal with the bantz.

My friend just got his first real job. Owes $30,000 in student debt, just moved to an area where he knows nobody, and bought a brand new Mustang. He makes around $32,000 a year. I congratulated him on his car, which is ostensibly nicer than mine, and we joked around because mine is a 2004 Toyota.

I make around $140,000 and have no debt. I don't have to deal or cope with shit. I'm an adult that makes his own decisions with his money, and so is he. Just live your life, OP. It's ribbing. It's what friends do.
>>
>>1166218

It takes time as well.

I started young and began saving and being frugal early. Now into my 30s its all paying off big, and i can tell some are starting to get butt hurt by my lifestyle. Now I can afford the things they bought when they couldnt afford them. I can afford to buy a condo in a brand new high rise, they cant and they never will. I'll only be getting more wealthy.
>>
Looking poor and being rich is like having pocket aces in life
>>
>>1166233
This
>>
>>1166233
Nice one.

Don't worry OP, it'll feel easier when you'll be in a position to keep working only if you like it, having enough to retire early. Meanwhile your friends will be tied to their job for a few more decades, all for cappuccinos and iPhones.
>>
File: well memed guyyy.png (425 KB, 618x432) Image search: [Google]
well memed guyyy.png
425 KB, 618x432
Same situation here, anon. Just shrug em off, knowing that you're better than them and always will be.
>>
>>1166218
I don't get what you mean with "wat do"
What's the problem here? We must assume you're feeling insecure or something
>>
>>1166218
If you start losing your wealth to show everyone how wealthy you are, they will just start to expect you to pay for everything, their envy will make them dislike you on an instinctual level, and mooch at every opportunity.

You won the game of the long-con OP.

If you want a better 'solution'
>Get into basics of fashion (Color and what types of shirts fit with what)
>Buy 'cheap' versions of these. Things that look good on YOU, and are not shit quality.
>You can now look like you have money
then
>Talk about your work if it has any ways to get prestige. Can be anything from your projects, to large business conventions, to just how hard but rewarding it is.
>A bit more eh; Talk about finance and being debt-free at opportunities.
>Show that you are happy for not spending all your money on McSportscars and McMansions
>Be well-read in a few topics

Best way to 'show off' for free.
>>
Make better friends, surround yourself with people who are actually more successful than you so you can learn from them.

"big fish in small pond" can feel good, but you're really limiting yourself by hanging with materialistic retards.
>>
>>1166218
Buy BIG house and Nice car.
>>
Slowly start gaining what they are losing. When they lose a house move into a bigger house than you have. Nicer car, new TV. etc etc. Don't ever talk about it though, just let them notice on their own. Pay for dinners and stuff out of the blue. The best way to deal with people like that is to make them second guess themselves and deflate their own ego. At the same time you're upgrading the luxuries in your life. It's not like you can take that money with you when you die anyways, right?
>>
>>1166425
>It's not like you can take that money with you when you die anyways, right?

Typical quote spouted by a poor person.
>>
>>1166218
Don't hang around with people that waste money they don't have on stupid shit OP.

Buying expensive crap doesn't really increase your life satisfaction but having to grind day in day out to pay for all the stupid crap you bought definitely decreases it.

If you actually derive your self worth from how much money people think you have, you need to fix that shit.
>>
this website is for adults, OP
>>
>>1166511
Shhh.. he's got 3 etherm and a couple of Trumpcoins. Let him dream.
>>
its the worst when its family. watching my brother and his wife pull their hair out over home repairs and juggling their leased car payments vs my wife and i living in a tiny home not giving a single shit enjoying life buying what we want cash.

yet we're the 'weird' ones at family functions while they cant afford a pot to piss in with money that isnt borrowed. its painful to watch sometimes.

>>1166304
it gets old not being able to empathize with 90% of people out there. thats the wat do
>>
>>1166363
shit tier advice

unless OP's house is
>uncomfortably small and/or
>in a really shitty area
there's no point in wasting money on a "BIG" house.

and expensive cars are terrible investments, they only go down in value
get an alright looking car that works OP
>>
Flash the moneh
>>
>tfw thought I was kinda poor
>turns out my family is actually pretty good as far as money goes
>still, saving and cutting corners is completely ingrained into me
>>
>"friends" harass op over being responsible

Cut the losers out of your life and get better friends. They sound like keeping up with the joneses tier nosy-nibby retards. OP I do the same thing as you and I don't need "friends" who treat me like shit, because I have bags of fucking money and can do whatever I want.

Basically you're the in-shape guy who eats clean all the time, and your friends are jealous fatties who gorge daily on mcdicks and entire sheets of cookies.

>>1166342

I show off with my cooking, which is actually cheaper than nasty premade food other people bring, and nice fashion sense, which is actually cheaper than what they spend because goodwill and clearance racks. Only a talentless, unclassed loser needs a mustang to show off his wealth. Class can't be bought.
>>
File: image.jpg (39 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39 KB, 256x256
>>1166529

>tiny home
>>
>>1166218

find new friends
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.