[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
AUSBIZ ASX/NZX Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 3
File: AYYYYE.jpg (132 KB, 483x467) Image search: [Google]
AYYYYE.jpg
132 KB, 483x467
Hi everyone, Welcome to the AUSBIZ thread

I hope everyone had a great relaxing Easter. Should be a slow week due to what happened in financials late last week. Oil is slightly up again as is ironore.

What are Aus Biz's plays this week?
>>
Sit on 88e, MSB and CCV.
>>
getting killed, bhp is not bouncing back.
ctx and wow are my only ok performers
>>
A2M & BAL are both heavily down today on a Chinese import tax law that they've passed. would be a good time to buy in.
>>
My smsf is taking fuckin ages to set up. I can only currently invest in the asx300. How to hedge against aud crash? Can't do any usd etfs :/
>>
>>1165892
Why the FUCK does it cost $30NZ to buy and sell shares? It's fucked that I have to make 6% on a thousand dollar investment just to make back the fees.

How much does it cost in oz?
>>
>>1166407
20$. 40$ total on a buy and sell
>>
>>1166407
The simple answer would be to put more money in. It's 3% with $2000.
>>
>>1166471
I'm not made of dosh chappy.
That being said I learned my lesson when I bought 5 seperate ETFS last year for 1000-2500 dollaridoos and have lost 3-15% on them due to the market crash
>>
>>1166523
For one, you would hope that it would be an incentive to choose more wisely. And don't ETFs usually have some sort of buy-in method, or is that just Smartshares?
>>
>>1166533
I originally bought via Vanguard in Aus, obviously got bit on the exchange rate too. $8300 is $7600 now, but I'm not planning on selling them for a few decades anyway.

Now I just buy monthly into the Smartshares FNZ (NZ top 50) and USF (Mirrors VOO, S&P 500), only have to bite the fee on the initial investment. Thinking of branching out into another of their ETF offerings, but think I'll wait til I get a higher salary cause most of my money is in long term investments at the moment.
>>
>>1166375
I think the Aussie quality thing is a meme that died long ago. We got a lucky resurgence with China, but it will die quickly.
>>
>>1165892
I was looking at these guys
http://www.cmcmarkets.com.au/

I finshed tafe last year and have now saved an emergency fund and saving 500-1000$ a month and want to invest 3-500$ every month.

My Plan is to buy shares in companies I want to hold for the next 10-20 years.

So at the end of every month I would buy shares of one company costing me 10$ in trade fees. What do you guys think or should I just put it into a fund?
>>
>>1166551

Heh I dont think people are going to stop having babies any time soon and purchasing quality organic products.

>>1166633
If you want to buy on a per month basis then a managed fund is for you. Vanguard you can just wire cash too it every month

I'm wondering if the bank sell off will continue today.
>>
You fucks had one job. 88e put out a great RNS and you lot barely moved the SP. You best pray we get it moving otherwise most likely is that it's already been accounted for.
>>
>>1165892
I live in queensland.
at the moment I sell mushrooms I grow under the table to restaurants and individuals.
I want to grow the operation and declare income.
I cant find much information about licensing requirements for primary producers. I can sell the spawn bags as a "plant" to avoid food production licenses. but people are lazy and wont get good yeilds out of all of that work and it will be more of a novelty than anything for them. there are no mushroom kits in this country. I have tried a few from hardware stores. after about two mushrooms the whole thing gets covered in flies and mold because the manufacturers cant into sanitation. i have a product that people want and there is a market for and there is a wildly under supplied demand for it.

I have worked in accounts before so i know basic shit like product orders, payroll and how to conduct retail and business transactions and declare them ect.

how do I turn this into a legal business? what licenses do i need to produce mushrooms for food?
>>
>>1168267

What are you saying I should have bought back in at the 7.2c its currently trading at?

>>1168281
Where in QLD do you live? Is there a Farming Regulatory body?

You'd need a ABN to start with and go from there.
>>
>>1168296
lockyer valley. I have no idea about the regulatory bodies. I have no problem selling my produce under the table though because i dont grow them in shit and any poor sanitation will kill the mushrooms and show up as a pile of mold and maggots with no fruit if it went wrong. so it's all clean and safe. I just have no idea of how to comply.

Ive found stuff about selling meat or eggs. fresh fruit and vegetables seem to be exempt from regulation but I am not sure because at every level, state, federal, regional and any appointed regional bodies, there are so many fucking agencies that exist to tell me how to run my business.

sometimes food prep needs things like a dedicated room with a drain in the floor. I dont and cant wash mushrooms because it would fuck them up for resale so this is pointless. I cant contaminate grow rooms or prep rooms with disinfectants because this will cause mold to destroy the crop and damage the fruit. its not like washing apples or whatever.
>>
When the fuck will Robinhood finally come?
>>
>>1168445
Who cares? Just use Acorns
>>
>>1166633

Buy every six months. Compare $20 brokerage on $1000 investment versus $20 on a $5000 investment: 2pc transaction cost versus 0.2pc cost.
>>
>>1168364

growing mushrooms sounds like a pain. Good luck cunt
>>
>>1168364
I would contact a local fruit/veg market, and ask them if there is any certification needed to sell your mushrooms there. It would likely then apply to your situation in general. If not your laughing. Sometimes you just gotta jump in and do it until someone says you can't, then jump through the hoops when you have to.
>>
Why wont my stock order go through on nabtrade
>>
Hope the banks bounce. I am currently eating shit on NAB, but my other buys are holding in pretty well. It takes a slight breeze to push up GFY stock.
>>
>>1168578
markets open 10-4 not at this hour

also
>2016
>invested in 88E instead of RAP
>missed the boat with cryptos and now aus shares

someone tell me its going to be alright and 88E hasnt hit its high
>>
>>1168638
I know, but I mean during trading hours it's not going through. Is it just too low volume? I'm trying to buy 88e. And I don't think it's hit it's high at all yet because people on hotcopper keep saying the announcements this week will give it a boost.
>>
I thought about getting in on A2M a while ago, sems like a good time to buy from what
>>1166375
said.
Should I just go talk to the bank tomorrow?

I'm on a shitty income atm and I'll be finishing uni eventually so I won't be able to pump money into it for the years to come but i might spread out 1000 for a bit and play around with it by the years end.

any tips and advice or should I just buy low sell high
>>
PLS , MPJ and AVL.
>>
>>1168364
Get on the phone to the QLD DPI (Department of Primary Industries) if they still exist.
>>
>>1168671

Yeah PLS up yesterday by 10%. Looks like something on the horizon there.
>>
RAP results are out. Looks pretty positive. Hopefully there will be a reasonable increase in their value over the next few days
>>
>>1169802
Huge amount of sellers today, not entirely sure why that may be, profit takers I guess
>>
>>1169853
Yeah, it seems strange. Why would people be selling if the results were positive? Wouldn't they hold on to their shares?

Seeing as its happening though, is it worth holding on to them? Will there be enough of a bounce back in the next few days?
>>
>>1170033
If you hold until adult trials are announced or even til FDA decision then she'll be right
>>
A2M back up today, PLS up today too. TPG through the roof since purchasing.
>>
>>1168647
Please don't listen to the piles of shit at hotcopper
>>
>>1168638
>investing in meme currencies
>>
>>1170328

Yep hot copper is 99% shit info and the rest is just pumping their shitty stocks.

Pump and Dump, rinse and repeat.
>>
>>1168647
I really want to day trade 88e on the LSE. It's like knowing the future.

Anyone know how to access the LSE while in Aus?
>>
>>1170320
>tfw i was a bit keen and missed the boat
i wish abbott was still in.

How should I go about this, it seems if i want to make any "short term" gains I'll have to go a bit bigger to offset the brokerage fee.

I think I might offer a bit under price for A2M and just sit on it, hopefully it'll dip then shoot for the moon, is this not a good strategy?

I'm lookin to invest but I'm not looking to be a day trader sort of thing, I'd just like to sit on some positive growth, I think you're right about A2M and desu I regret my decision to sit it out when I first heard about it
>>
What's a good broker to use for aus markets ?
>>
File: 1459472403837.png (177 KB, 367x321) Image search: [Google]
1459472403837.png
177 KB, 367x321
>holding PSF and RAP this week
>>
File: 1444942638017.jpg (55 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1444942638017.jpg
55 KB, 500x500
>IBG trading halt to raise capital
>>
>>1171450
PSF was a great trade when it broke out on 14/3 but fuck holding it.

>>1171376
Pick any. I've tried etrade, commsec, westpac, bell direct and cmc.
CMC is the cheapest I think.
Never had any execution problems so pick based on brokerage and/or interface/features.
Commsec has $600 free brokerage for new accounts, must be used within 3 months.

If you're trading regularly etrade pro and commsec protrader are shit. I'm currently using etrade pro and it's rather limiting. No custom scans, charts don't scale, UI is shit..
>>
>>1171089
My IG cfd account has 88e on the LSE.
Not available to short (which is sometimes wrong).
>>
>>1171376
westpac ayyyyyyyyy lmao
>>
sup cunts

any recommendations or books/resources for a complete noob. something to give me background knowledge but also some trading strategies?

i have no money right now but when i get some i'm looking to put it to work.
>>
>>1171541

throw it all in a penny stock and you'll learn how things work pretty quickly
>>
>>1171541
>>1171547
I paper traded for a while, it all went well but then i put everything in a penny stock and then i actually started learning.
>>
>>1171547
>>1171800
This.
Even faster learning if it's someone else's money, someone who is close to you.. And.. you know that if you lose that money you don't have any to pay them back with so the pressure is enormous.

A good way to either become decent enough to trade for a living or completely fuck yourself. I would however only recommend my method if it is the only remaining choice.
>>
ASX: AHF is going to go high crazy again next with with their annoucement!! Get in while you can!
>>
>>1171523
M8 WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU SAY ABOUT MY BANKFU YOU PIECE OF SHIT!?
>>
>>1172234
LE RAMP
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.