[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /biz/ think of this movement?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4
What does /biz/ think of this movement?
>>
>>1165665
The same as the four hour workweek "movement" and anything that Tai Lopez is trying to push.

Read stuff that isn't a joke. Actually pick up a mathematics book and learn something you don't know. After a while you'll start seeing the connection between math and budgeting.
>>
>>1165665
I learned a lot. I now use debt to buy assets. I'm only at the 8k level though. Hope to get to 15k soon.
>>
>>1165665
not a movement, just common sense
>>
File: biz booklist 3.gif (1 MB, 1078x1660) Image search: [Google]
biz booklist 3.gif
1 MB, 1078x1660
>>1165940
Well, I already have a STEM degree, so I have learned "a bit" of math.

But what do you think of the /biz/ list?
> pic realated
>>
i read 4hww back in the day and it actually had a lot of good actionable advice.

the other business books i read are all handwavy and general
>>
Business books are shit. Everything you need to know is in physics.
>>
>>1166429
is this a troll image
>>
File: biz booklist 1.jpg (944 KB, 1345x1450) Image search: [Google]
biz booklist 1.jpg
944 KB, 1345x1450
>>1166660
People have been sharing three images with lists as far as I know, but the lists seem ... um ... bizarre.
That's why I ask.
One is
> pic related
and...
>>
File: biz booklist 2.jpg (425 KB, 1939x1384) Image search: [Google]
biz booklist 2.jpg
425 KB, 1939x1384
>>1166660
... the other is
> pic related
>>
>>1166670
I guarantee most people who mindlessly shill these book lists haven't read the books featured. I'd even wager whoever made the image didn't read them all.

Most of these biz books can be condensed to a paragraph.
>>
>>1166677
thanks.
>>
>>1165945
not the best time doing it. deflation comes with huge fall of asset prices and collecting all debts.
we would be in deflation and will be eventually aside from gov tempering with money supply.

in depression cash is king you buy the assets as they lose price one after an other.
>>
>>1165665
It's a complete ripoff of Richest Man in Babylon and retards still give this guy credit. He literally presented no original ideas but acts like he's some God of finance. His cult of dim-witted retards who eat his shit up are even worse than him. Book was entertaining but that's about it.
>>
>>1167236
the richest man in babylon is incoherent babbling and shitty oldwives advice.

you got me curious so i read into both, doesn't seem to be similar so far.
>>
>>1167226
Interest rates are at record lows.
It is the perfect time to buy assets.
I mean sure if you could buy in 2009, then that would have been ideal, but it is 2016. No one can predict a recession. My attitude is to build up assets now. If they go down, I'm going to hold. Did it with Exxon stock.
>>
>>1167271
yeah but you could make a landslide if you don't buy just yet but when they are already near rock bottom.

i don't want to buy anything that is not severely undervalued just yet. even with silver i think there is lower to go. it's just that you can't buy at the bottom everyone holds teeth clenched. same when it goes up. you have to buy on the way down.
>>
>>1166429
Not enough if you need an old dude to tell you to save your money.
>>
>>1167491
getting loans is stealing prosperity from the future
saving up is stealing prosperity from the past

you are a thief either way
>>
>>1167532
8deep16me
>>
>>1167264
so i continue to read this stuff and he boils it down to a simple rule which i understand but find utterly unrealistic.

he says rich people buy assets and poor people buy liabilities.

that's fine but you need money and not pocket change to buy assets and even buying assets does not guarantee you stay ahead of inflation you have to constantly manage them and shift your position.

basically you work 24/7 unless you get lucky and can still lose money long term.
>>
>>1168940
so basically here is what he says:
all you need is $2000 income from assets a month to count as wealthy (not rich), that $24k a year counting with a generous 5% interest rate that's a bare minimum $480k worth of assets.

fucking poor people can't even do that measly $500k in stocks and whatnot that's why they poor right? and that's btw not even keeping up with inflation if you milk it annually and not increase your assets.

is this guy serious? that's his life advice? get $500k in assets and you are off to a good start?
>>
>>1169335
... but muh crowdfunding.
>>
>>1167264
>the richest man in babylon is incoherent babbling and shitty oldwives advice
It's the most basic financial advice written in an archaic narrative. Try to fit somebody like Warren Buffet into a Bible story and you'll get something like The Richest Man in Babylon. It's nothing special, but it's not complete garbage.
>>
Im pretty sure that book tells you to buy house leins which was ok at a point in time but not now.

Saved you a few hours.
>>
None of these books explain jack shit. Just philosophy. If you need that go for it, but I'd rather read stuff that acutally focuses on mechanics e.g. introduction to ETF. Analytics of CFD's in 2014 etc etc. If you don't understand stuff read it, it won't be in the books mentioned in the pictures.
>>
>>1169810
Can you recommend some books? sounds like i need to focus on the 'mechanics' more but don't know where to start.
>>
>>1169810
it's not only doesn't explain shit what it advises is outright impossible.

for a rich person to have a job is insane, for a poor person not to have a job is insane. a poor person can't make his money work for him because he doesn't have any money.

if a rich person can double his wealth in a year he is doing extremely well, meanwhile a poor one can increase his savings ten times or twenty times over a year by working a job. the dividends and other cashflow from assets don't even come anywhere near the magnitude he earns and can save up.

it's like basic math escapes this fucker.

i would have to work about 60-90 years to save up the amount off cash for my wealth too not only sustain itself but that i can live comfortably from the assets i accumulated. if i get lucky and reinvest every gain it's 60 otherwise 90.

guess what it's not gonna happen i won't even live that long.

you can play the investor as a middle classer but in the end you are only larping.
>>
>>1165665
>>1166429
>>1166669
>>1166670
Shilling, as are many of those books.
>>
>>1170778
Damn, you ruined all the ad-revenue I was getting, senpai!

But seriously, because I had only read some of the books in the list and they were vague at best and very "philosophical" (read: not practical) I was curious what did people think of the other literature.
>>
>>1170825
Never noticed before, but 4chan changed my "f-a-m" into "s-e-n-p-a-i".
>>
>>1170825
i just can't tell what this kiyosaki guy is selling.
everybody who is out there doing interviews selling something.
is he simply selling his book? or is he in the business of selling false hope? how does he profit from it?
questions like that just go around and around in my head as i read the book.
>>
>>1170829
It seems to me that he is one of those guys:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0LZ6DNCgrY
... but with a couple of good tips for beginners.
>>
>>1170834
you know i came to the conclusion or more like a feel i developed reading his work that a scam might be the best way to kickstart my financial journey.

so you might be onto something. once i got the money to invest i might actually go legit. but till then either work till death and scrape together my retirement fund morsel by morsel or do something unsavory and feed off the idiots.

i found that i can make people jump into shitty deals fairly easy. the psychology is simple. mention a deal you are interested in and next day tell them it's moving away from the spot you were hoping to buy it might be too late to get in. they will want to get in. it's fucking scary.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.