[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wireless Electricity.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: untitled.png (40 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
untitled.png
40 KB, 300x168
How about a paring device which converts outlet level electricity wirelessly to a receiver, through harmless frequency microwaves; for like wireless power-strips and the such?
>>
> a paring device which converts outlet level electricity wirelessly to a receiver, through harmless frequency microwaves

You go and make that, boy.
>>
>>1165537
Magnets
>>
well, I know that the technology exists, at least. Solar harvesting satellites transmit their collected energy for use through microwave transmission.
>>
how can magnets be used?
>>
>>1165537
There are three companies close to releasing products mainly focusing on charging phones at a distance.

TechNovator -XE
Energous -Wattup
Ossia -Cota
>>
>>1165537
You'd be a billionaire.

There's a reason it doesn't exist yet; it's hard as fuck to do.
>>
that should be enough incentive for r&d intrests.

How about other applications besides phones. Think of all the things in our lives tethered to one of four wall by short leashes.
>>
>>1165614
If you click on those nbers next to posts you can show who you are replying to. Welcome to /biz/, newfag, enjoy your stay.

And what the others said too, if you are able to do this on a large scale with as little energy loss as possible you would be a billionare and have caused a new era of technology and energy uses, this is something that is a true game changer.
>>
Who should I pitch the idea to, anyone know somebody with rank at G.E.?
>>
>>1165537

Yeah that's no big deal.

You should cure HIV and cancer while you are at it.
>>
Already being done, in a past electronics show (mightve been CES) they showcased a wireless over-the-air charger that charges a phone from wherever it is in a room.
>>
>>1165629
What idea would you be pitching?
>>
>>1165639
okay so we can charge a phone, why not a laptop? A lamp? If I can light a lamp from anywhere in the room, why must I have a 3 ft. cord? Why must it sit against the wall and not by my reading chair? e.g. I wish I could move the fan closer, it sure is hot. I sure wish my toaster could go next to the breadbox, on the island. a radio in my backyard or even my porch lights? et cetera
>>
>>1165640
>>>1165614 (You)
a compact plug-receiver, receiving low voltage electricity from wall outlets, for portable power!
>>
>>1165651
Right. Buddy, we get it; it's a great idea. But unless you have the mechanism to achieve it, you're literally adding nothing substantive to the field. Every electronics company has had this idea already. They are pouring R&D money into it. If you have a prototype in your basement, congrats, you're rich. If you just lighted upon this idea and have no clue how to actually bring it to fruition, you are going to make no money.

Sorry, but that's just how this works.
>>
>>1165657
okay, now we need to start a Kickstarter to raise funds.
>>
File: imagesXULHAM4M.jpg (4 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
imagesXULHAM4M.jpg
4 KB, 275x183
>>
>>1165660
you're a retard
>>
>hey do you guys think I can pitch a 50 year old idea to ge?
I will add that it's a shit idea and that's why everybody is more interested in battery innovation. You might as well add a jet pack to your fucking lamps while you're at it you dumb cunt. People could move them easier xD
>>
>>1165651
>charging a lamp
>charging a toaster
You have used technology before, correct?
>>
>>1165710
Nah, I just realized, he is a retarded shitposter
>>
oh boy ANOTHER stoner asking the same question

hey do you know whats infinitely cheaper than transmitting that much wattage through space?
a couple of copper conductors that can be as long or short as you want!
>>
>>1165552
You uh... You know those haven't actually been developed yet right?

The more I read of your posts OP, the more I see you need to learn, a *lot* more, before you hop in and start making scientific advancements like this.

In fact, you need to read more in general. You come off as not very well educated; that's not an insult OP and it's not a character flaw. Start reading, start learning, then come back here in a few months or years. All innovation literally starts with "stupid stoner ideas" like this.
>>
>>1165728
>this small of a mind in 2016
the idea would be to constantly have these kinds of devices consistently producing "harmless" microwaves everywhere at all times and charging your phone at all times. Nikola Tesla had the right idea. It's much older than 50 years old. The need for innovating more batteries (at least for phones) would decrease by a large magnitude.
>>
Not just phones, though, every appliance that uses electricity will receive a steady stream and always be without electrical connectors of predetermined length. A cordless revolution!
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.