[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do we do what we do?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 6
File: Castle_de_Haar.jpg (127 KB, 884x600) Image search: [Google]
Castle_de_Haar.jpg
127 KB, 884x600
Let's be honest for a minute here /biz/. What are you in it for? What is the end game?

I'll start.

> i want to turn my working class family into a high class business family
> i want a castle and land with my family crest on it
> leave my spouse a castle and a sense of pride

I think I'll need approx. 25,000,000 euro.
>>
I am working a crappy secretarial job until I save up ~30k and can go back to school without worrying about money
after I finish school I will hopefully move to the UP or PNW and work in forest engineering or paper production, buy a 50+ acre plot of land and have a house built on it
>>
OP here, I want to ellaborate.

Basically, I want to buy a castle and put my family's crest on it. Rebuild parts and make secret hallways and shit. Make sure it's divided into loads of offices, complete apartments, rooms, meeting rooms, etc.

My goal is to give them a place so solid and well build and so big that the next generations of my family will never have to worry about mortgage, renting and office or anything like that.

Secret underground tunnels and shit like that, ancient weapons and other cool shit will be my hertitage. It will be an epic fucking castle man.

Damn I need to work harder.
>>
Have a stable career that let's me:
>leave work at work
>work under 50 hours a week
>work from home 50% of the time

And after investments and bills, have enough time and money for my hobbies (/o/ shit, kayaking, camping, snowboarding, etc.)
>>
>>1165158
I, too, am interested in the family legacy side of things
>>
>>1165177
Right? The idea of my children and grandchildren being born into a family of entrepeneurs and land owners makes my dick diamonds.

> "Dad, me and my girlfriend are going to Italy for a weekend next month ok?"
- "Sounds okay. However, why don't you use our private family island in Thailand?"

Basically, I want to be tiny Trump.
>>
>>1165164
you'd give your family a Better future by investing in shit that isn't a castle
>>
>>1165194
I'm investing in a sense of home, a fundament in life. A place that's your family have owner for generations.

That my friend, is an investment you cannot express in money.
>>
>What are you in it for?

Love of Italian sports cars
Means to purchase a private and secluded residence
I wish to practice my misanthropic and reclusive nature
I do not wish to work until I am frail and old

>what is the end game

Financial independence
Early retirement
>>
I want to come in as many beautiful women as I can
I want to take opioids and benzos all day long
I want my mother to retire
and I want to marry my jewish girlfriend
>>
>>1165158
> i want a castle

You will never be rich, idiot.
>>
>>1165248
> and I want to marry my jewish girlfriend
monster

>>1165252
Hi.
>>
>>1165162
You a troll right now?
>>
Was thinking about this the other day. I don't have a family, so I think i want to be wealthy that way I can always have the company of women. Even if they just love me for my money at least I'll be loved.

But on top of that, I do enjoy being creative and I want to be able to travel, and not have to work for anybody.
>>
>>1165158
You're never going to make that unless you inherit it or get lucky you fucking idiot
>>
>>1165271
I know mate. That's why I'm starting companies and taking bachelors. To hopefully achieve that.

Where do you think inheritances come from? Magic? My children won't get one if I don't make one.
>>
>Have enough money to fund every single crazy idea I have
>Keep accumulating until the point I have money guaranteed, diversified and saved for the rest of my life
>Repeat the process since I love doing it
>Try to make the world a better place
>>
I want to be the greatest architect in my country, i want my kids to say "oh you know that amazing building the whole city is talking about, well my dad designed it" i want my family to brag about me
>>
>>1165285
Also i want to make my country a better place to live than it was when i lived
>>
>>1165285
>>1165291
What country are you from?
>>
I want to become an immortal cyber-lich and live for thousands of years watching as humanity conquers the stars.
>>
>>1165293
Mexico
>>
>>1165272
>i want to turn my working class family into a high class business family
"Family Fortunes: How to Build Family Wealth and Hold on to It for 100 Years"

Do you plan on avoiding having modern tech installed?
>>
>>1165158
OP, its an admirable goal. People who got castles already - at some point in their family line there was that crazy motherfucker that said "I can do this", built it, defended it, and passed it down.

Go for it faggot. Leave your kids a legacy.
>>
File: aimimg_19.png (107 KB, 214x173) Image search: [Google]
aimimg_19.png
107 KB, 214x173
>>1165196

Until your deadbeat son sells the whole castle to a rock and roll band for drug money.
>>
>>1165313
B U I L D W A L L

>>1165323
No, but I couldn't go to pilot school because I couldn't get the money. I couldn't go to MIT because I couldn't get the money.

So I was forced into being a wage cuck. I want my kids to go to any Ivy Leage college they want.

>>1165324
Cheers brother, all the best.

>>1165334
Families that have fucking castles and crests tend to have more succesful children than families that drink Kool-Aid with dinner, Tyrone.
>>
>>1165361
>I was forced into being a wage cuck

First rule about becoming megawealthy is to accept full responsibility for your situation. You became a wage cuk because you weren't proactive enough. Only blame yourself for shit not being baller.

Otherwise you won't do what needs to be done.
>>
>>1165392
Bullshit. It's not my fault I had no money for good educated.

That was not my fault. I know the things I did wrong myself, but blaming everything on yourself is bullshit.

Also, you aren't nearly as wise as you think my friend.
>>
I want to buy a vast tract of land somewhere in the world with the sovereignty attached to it. From there build a country designed as a taxhaven/ entrepreneur paradise with me at the head as king.
>>
File: 496927543_640.jpg (25 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
496927543_640.jpg
25 KB, 640x360
>>1165361
>Families that have fucking castles and crests tend to have more succesful children
Only if said crests have an actual history, not one crazy grandfather having a pipedream of owning a castle.
>>
>>1165423
Tell that to Trump.

I want to improve my heritage you fucking cuck, what's not to respect.
>>
>>1165427
best predictor of success is the success of your parents

statistically, very few people make stratospheric jumps in socioeconomic status (especially if you live in europe)

good luck
>>
>>1165184
>"Daddy, my new bf of the week Tyrone and I are going to your Swiss Alps cabin for the weekend, hee hee."
>>
>>1165446
Haha OMG so funny haha wow such edge.
>>
>>1165158
I will be a Chemistry PhD. All I want is a decent, not amazing, job that allows me to live downtown chicago. i am entirely open to commuting out of the city to do this. If I cant find any chemist jobs then ill just go into patent law or finance so I can live my dream. The need for money to do this is why I started teaching myself finance and will start investing on my grad school stipend..
>>
>>1165184
Actually my parents have a house in Italy. It´s quite convenient for vacations with my girlfriend.
>>
>>1165399
what is blaming your problems on everyone else going to get you? sure you may be right, but its going to be up to you in the end to fix yourself out of a shitty situation. if someone is seriously continuing to hold you back even then, its time to cut them out of your life.
>>
File: 1457381184360.jpg (432 KB, 1559x803) Image search: [Google]
1457381184360.jpg
432 KB, 1559x803
>>1165158
Same thing but the American version unless we turn into Brazil.

I want to buy a couple hundred acres of land in Colorado or New Hampshire and make it my own realm. Then hopefully make enough money to have 4+ kids and put them through a good private school so the cycle continues
>>
>>1165462
I'm not blaming anybody. I only stated the reason I wanted to get rich.

Maybe you people should stop being such advice cucks and read the fucking post before spouting your so called wisdom everywhere.
>>
Op if you succeed, don't spoil your kids.
Please let them work in their childhood, and don't spoil them rotten.
Even better, pretend you're normal.
If you spoil them to much they won't be happy, you won't be happy.
>>
>>1165483
Absolutely, can you imagine the amount of maintenance a castle has? You'll be working their ass off.

It's not like I want to be a flambojant millionaire, I just want my children to be proud of their heritage and to be able to go to any college they have the grades to get into.
>>
>>1165434

My mother came from a family of dirty Irish immigrants and became a dental nurse. My father came from a shitty Glaswegian suburb where everyone is an alcoholic to become an architect.

Given their rise out of relative poverty, do the odds look good for me? Statistically speaking. Or is my fate completely independent from theirs?
>>
>>1165506
It's not. Don't listen to that idiot.

Go for it man. You alone can redefine the future of your family.
>>
>>1165158
>25,000,000 euro
You can get enormous medieval castles in the German countryside for 500K, simply because nobody wants them.
>>
File: 1282346686478.jpg (57 KB, 188x220) Image search: [Google]
1282346686478.jpg
57 KB, 188x220
>it's another "dreams" thread

newsflash: dreaming won't make you any money. get to work.
>>
>>1165512
I am not German, don't want to be German and do not intent to move to Germany.
>>
>>1165514
I'd imagine it's more or less the same in France and Spain.
>>
>>1165506
I think it has more to do with your relationship with your parents than anything else. If your parents don't know what it takes to succeed, they can't offer you proper support to reach your dreams. Then you are basically on your own, and that's where most people fail. It's the same thing as fat parents having fat kids. At least in my opinion anyways
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.