[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So when you see people who look like picrelated on LinkedIn,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
So when you see people who look like picrelated on LinkedIn, and there are tonnes of them even in one profession (whether it's as associates in law or finance) in one city, most of them probably making £100 k to £200 k... how do you stand out in life? They had to relentlessly wagecuck just to get to that point!
>>
>cut your hair
>wash your face
>put on a suit
>???
>PROFIT

its not hard to make yourself look good on linkedin m8
>>
I'm told that I come across far more impressively than ass lickers who brown nosed and yes manned their way into their jobs. Then again I'm murrican and our work and social culture is very different.
>>
>>1164692
It's not just the picture, also the description of their past work experiences and achievements make up the profile
>>
>>1164697

embellish your work experience using that 'resume language' and just make up some 'achievements', no one is going to check
>>
Lol guys, I didn't mean how to stand out in LinkedIn, I meant life in general? Is it entrepreneurship or bust?
>>
>>1164700
That's all and well based on the assumption that they won't check your background. But if they do then you're fucked.
>>
>>1164751
>what if what if

There's no what if they check.

Just be confident and believe your own lies. If you believe it then it's not a lie anymore.
>>
>>1164754
This isn't the 80s where you can bullshit your way into a job. Where I'm from the competition is very high and it is not worth the risk of lying as when you're competing with 200+ other people it is guaranteed they won't skim over your infomation lightly. But then again things might be different for where you're from.
>>
>>1164761
Enjoy no job then lmao

Everyone lies, it's not a crime and who cares if there's a slight chance you get fired? You wrent getting the job anyway.
>>
>>1164774
It's better to get a job where you are not standing on a foundation of lies so competitors/coworkers could easily wreck your shit after a bit of research into you if you seem a threat to them.
>>
>>1164784
It's better, sure.

But is it likely? No.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.