[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
eBay/PayPal general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5
File: image.png (9 KB, 318x127) Image search: [Google]
image.png
9 KB, 318x127
Might as well start one since a buyer is trying to screw me. Item value is $200.

>sold new video card Jan 30th to him
>files chargeback through PayPal today, March 27th....
>literally 56 days after the fact and 52 days after he got it.
>claims, "bbb-ut I didn't have a system to use it on till today!"
>I say that's your fault and honestly, probably a lie. Any normal ebayer would have said something within the first week, you've had the card wayyy too long for me to take your claim seriously. I would have refunded you in a reasonable amount of time had you contacted me. This is On you buddy.
> also, he never once contacted me through eBay or anything, wake up today to an email from PayPal and a negative feedback on eBay saying "eBay wouldn't let me open a case, the seller screwed me"

I called PayPal and had them escalate it to a claim that they will decide. I wrote a huge amount in the provide more info section basically denouncing and discrediting the buyer as a scammer.

My PayPal account was opened in 2007 and I have never lost a case of any kind, I have always refunded buyers provided they ask in a reasonable amount of time and I've always owned up to anything I may have done. But I have always won any disputed PayPal case.

What are my chances I don't get screwed guys?
>>
File: tfg.png (28 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
tfg.png
28 KB, 633x758
>tfw you had a good thing going and then lost your top buyer
>>
Thanks for reminding me why I don't sell on ebay.
>>
File: CB.png (71 KB, 1629x757) Image search: [Google]
CB.png
71 KB, 1629x757
>>1164595

If it's a chargeback it will take a while to be resolved (1-3 months). You'll just have to hope Paypal does their job, make sure to check for emails if they want you to upload anymore info. There's really nothing you can do...
>>
File: Capture.png (45 KB, 731x416) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
45 KB, 731x416
>>1164639

Also

Card companies (Visa/Mastercard/etc) usually refund their customers immediately, then fight the chargeback for them. So your buyer might think they've won, just wait till you see the their faces when the tables turn.

But if the customer (your buyer) wins the chargeback, you lose everything.

The buyer is usually banned from Paypal during the chargeback since they did not use Paypals dispute section (which is basically a big FU to Paypal). Paypal then decides if they remain banned or not.

>Pic related
P.s. you're charged $20 for every chargeback case you lose.
>>
>>1164644
Thanks for the info, but in my case it was a PayPal dispute. Sorry, guess I used chargeback interchangeably. It feels like one with the negative account balance. Haha

So this is all through PayPals system.

Even if the card was somehow defective....the guy simply waited too long. If I go to bestbuy and try to return an item like a video card 52 days after the fact they'll tell me to go pound sand or contact manufacturer. But no refund will be given.

The buyer has to do their due diligence and if they don't the fault lies on them. That's why I don't give a fuck now if it was broke. You don't come to me taking my money nearly 2 months after the fact and expect it too go smoothly....
>>
>>1164595
PROVIDE TRACKING

Report to ic3.gov and uspis for fraud.
>>
What software do you guys use to manage inventory and sales?
>>
>>1164937
But its not a case of "not received" but rather a case of "significantly not as described".

I dont think tracking is relevant since its been established that the buyer received the item.
>>
Someone asked for a refund on a little electronic device i sell, my policy is exchanges but i kinda just wanna end this as soon as possible.

What should i do?
>>
>>1166323

Follow your dreams
>>
>>1165205
You said they issued a chargeback, IE charged back with credit card company?

They changed their story, therefore they are trying to get free item.

It's fraud, report it.
>>
>>1164595
Question, i usually sell a lot of vintage junk on eBay including for the first time about 3 watches.

And i've heard from a friend who sells a watches regularly on the bay that occasionally people take them swimming, despite them being clearly stated that they are no longer waterproof and are sold as pre-owend.

What happened to him recently is about 3 different claims of customers that went into the water with them, and sent him pictures along the lines of "hurr durr it got water inside of it" with a request for a refund or a return despite the no returns policy. And he got screwed on two of these cases.

I'm slightly concerned since i have the same policy, what should i do if one of the buyers decides pull the same shit on me?
>>
File: 1453693399956.jpg (95 KB, 571x583) Image search: [Google]
1453693399956.jpg
95 KB, 571x583
>>1166558

Well for one your friend is an idiot for not calling eBay to tell them to use their eyes to see his description stating that the watches were not waterproof.

When you don't call in, you're basically giving away your stuff. You really expect eBay to take time out to read all the messages in the case? lol

Scenario

>You sell watch
>Buyer claims it got wet 3 weeks later in pool
>You tell buyer you do not offer refunds for damaged goods
>Buyer opens return request
>You call eBay & tell them to look at description
>Case closed in your favour
>Buyer opens Paypal dispute
>You call Paypal telling them you already won eBay claim
>Case closed in your favour
>Buyer does a chargeback (the money automatically gets removed from your acc)
>You call Paypal and show the previous case you just won
>Paypal credits your account and fights the case for you (which you will clearly win)
>Paypal bans buyer for being an idiot

Profit?
>>
>>1166747
That's more or less the scenario i had in mind.

I already had a few claims opened up on me on the shit i used to sell, i called in on their shit and it was closed quickly. Never had any buyer take it up to Paypal dispute level. Now mind you, both of us have a decent amount of sales (He's in the 1.5k range, i'm along the 600 range), so we have some experience.

Problem with him was that he had 3 buyers do that in the span of a week, first case was closed quickly in his favor.

Second one had some damage to the dial that wasn't very clearly shown in the pictures but was mentioned. The buyer got it wet somehow and started bullshitting about the watch also having severe water damage that wasn't mentioned in the description and not shown in the pictures. He agreed to do a partial refund because it wasn't even worthwhile to get it shipped back, and eBay stated they stand with the buyer.

Third case was a pretty bad. He sold a vintage diving watch. Recently serviced but stated to not be waterproof anymore, and after a couple of weeks buyer decided to take it swimming. The innards were full of salt water afterwards and he basically left it to rot for a week and only the noticed that his watch was rusting from the inside. Some kind of weird grade A bullshitting. Same thing here, despite clearly shown in the pictures they decided to screw him and and stand with the buyer.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.