[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Pharmacy still memed on /biz/? I'm a bio major but fuck
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: orgofinal.png (41 KB, 707x513) Image search: [Google]
orgofinal.png
41 KB, 707x513
Is Pharmacy still memed on /biz/?
I'm a bio major but fuck being pre-med
All I would have to do is take the PCAT. Should I go for it?
Pic related, a typical orgo exam question.
>>
Where do u go to school
>>
I'm in med now (first year) and there are a number of pharmacists in here who are absolute bossing it. Having a solid grasp of pharmacology gives you a huge advantage if you wish to later take that route
>>
The problem with pharmacy is that the debt has gotten out of control and the good jobs are harder to find.

It's not uncommon for pharmacy school tuition to almost match the price of most MD programs

Just like with law, you better be really committed to it and/or have family already in it.

If you just fuck around and expect a cozy job to land in your lap, then you're gonna be up shit creek while you wage slave with 200k+ in debt.
>>
>>1164659
Well my plan was to just work as a pharmacist.
My debt will probably be closer to 70k (avg tuition in my region)
I'm perfectly fine with like 90k a year. Is standing around in a pharmacy dispensing meds really a wage slavery situation?
I do plan on going into pharmacoeconmics a few years after grad school though. Pricing drugs seems to be a very interesting field.
>>
midlevels are the future. they're allowed to unsafely overstep more and more boundaries everyday without threat of litigation, expanding their earning potential and scope of practice. go np > aa ≥ pa >> rn for the best ROI
>>
>>1164659
Maybe it's because she's just a super solid working but my sister had a job lined up for her as a pharmacist right when she finished school and became the pharmacist manager within three years, this may be atypical though as she's super OCD with planning and school.
>>
>>1165259
>super solid worker
also helps she did the overnight shifts for her store in getting the management job.
>>
>that's a hard orgo exam

My man, I'm 2 years out of practice and I can do all of those problems. Those are day 1 organic reactions.

Anyway, you gotta know who's developing what in pharma to get ahead of the game with them. That's a jealously guarded secret by all companies so good luck.
>>
>>1164534

The job market is over-saturated.

Automation will also replace most pharmacists in 5-10 years.
>>
>>1165278
Proof on your automation statement?
>>
>>1165278
It's already replacing a number of tasks that existing pharmacists have to do. But you can't replace the people who actually talk to their patients. Even if you replaced every other task of theirs, they'd probably still be there, verbally confirming prescriptions and being the last line of defense against shoddy doctors.

>>1166419
It is true that the need for pharmacists isn't really growing in a lot of places. Where I live, lots of the manual labour is being replaced with robots. Prescriptions are going digital, meaning there won't be any need for them to decipher chicken scratch anymore, or phone people up. While I don't think they're going to be replaced at a drop of a hat, the job-market is definitely over-saturated.
>>
The shortage never existed. The year all the shit about the shortage came out.. 6 new schools opened on the east coast which traditionally doesn't have a lot of pharmacy schools.

It's a great $ maker, and fun if you like problem solving, but patients will ass rape your attitude to the point you'll start diverting narcotics just to deal with it.

Go the hospital setting. Hospital RPhs are catching up to retail in salary.

You don't even have to finish your degree. The outline would be:

Anatomy&Physiology w/ labs
Organic chem
Inorganic chem
Calculus
Bio&Microbiology

Volunteer or work as a pharm tech for 1000 hours and come up with a good sob story about how only you can help deal with nationwide drug shortages. You only need a 3.2 gpa and an 85 on the PCAT and you're golden.

t. got accepted to pharmacy school but decided to do something else
>>
>>1167654

Oh and expect 100k in student loans but it's obv manageable since you'll be making 100k+
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.