[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just inherited $300,000 I'm gonna invest it in bonds and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1
File: know your stars.jpg (123 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
know your stars.jpg
123 KB, 1280x720
Just inherited $300,000
I'm gonna invest it in bonds and never work again.
I'll have to live in an apartment and only spend less than $30,000 per month, but I'll live.
>>
So what's your strategy for inflation adjustment? How do bonds fare in that department?

I'm assuming you've actually done some research on bonds...
>>
>spend 10% of your income a month

Can I party with you m8?
>>
>>1164504
>never work again.

I've never been out of work for more than 3 days since the age of 17.

When there is a long weekend, like this Easter one, I couldn't imagine a worse fate than being idle and out of work.

Holy shit, sitting at home doing nothing is just absolutely terrible.

I don't understand people like you.
>>
sage for lies and faggotry
>>
What's your total net worth then? Did you already have like 400k saved up before this? How are you gonna possibly live off 300k for the rest of your life? Are you 75?
>>
>>1164509
I think he means 30k per>>1164510
year
>>
>>1164504
>>1164509
>>1164519
oh shit, I meant per year. I'm living in an apartment right now and only spend $20k per year. I don't own a car, so I don't pay for gas or a car bill.
>>
>>1164504

>19yr ausfag
>inheriting $175k aud ($131k yankee dollars) worth of a property in the city, earns $11k aud yearly
>own my house (has solar panels)

don't want to become a wage slave
will probably learn a few freelancing skills so I can make some money on the side
>>
>>1164523
What's your tax rate on those bonds? I think muni bonds are at zero, but I'm not sure what other bonds are at.

Also what happens when your rent goes up?

This sounds high risk, m8. I wouldn't bank on making it long term without significant extra income
>>
>>1164523
You are going to get bored and unfurfilled really quickly.

Keep working idiot, just use your inheritance to pay off debts, buy a 20k car 2nd hand spend 200k on paying off mortgage and invest the rest and just have dividends or whatever automatically reinvested in whatever shares, bonds idk whatever.
>>
OP has abandoned the thread, he had no answers for the simple questions we had for him.
>>
>>1164510
find a hobby or some friends
>>
>>1164504
If you want to never work again, you're looking at $12k a year before taxes, not $30K, and not investing everything in bonds.
Withdrawing 10% of your principal per annum will see you broke in less than a decade.
>>
>>1164504
>I'll have to live in a nice apartment or house and only spend less than $30,000 per year, and I'll prosper.

There, I fixed it for you.
>>
>>1164533
Yeeeesss keep working good go... I mean honest worker, you NEED these loans and fancy car! Trust me! We know what's best for you!
>>
>>1164510
Yet you are here shitposting on 4chan
>>
>>1164510
Different people, different habits. I have enough hobbies that I could easily use the additional free time up without getting bored.
>>
1% from bonds on 300k gives you 3k, not 30k.
>>
>>1164510
>long weekend
>easter
Maybe for teachers and other plebs, get back to work like the rest of us
>>
>>1164510
> gotta work hard! Never stop working!

The aristocracy sends their deepest thanks.
>>
>>1164504
>10% per month return on bonds
Nigga, what?
>>
>>1166509
Did you not read the part of paying off loans? Are you stupid?
>>
>>1164504
Put $5,000 into ETH or LISK. You will not regret it in 3 years.
>>
>>1164510
You're the "clueless" tier of this

http://www.ribbonfarm.com/2009/10/07/the-gervais-principle-or-the-office-according-to-the-office/
>>
>>1164504
Assuming you mean 30k a year thats not a bad plan. Id personally invest half in something higher yield but i dream of the day I can quit my day job
>mfw my account is down %1.27 on the year
>>
>>1166746
There are 8.5% corp bonds out there

It's not unheard of
>>
>>1164510

Literally plebian and proud of it.

It's a good thing people like you exist.
>>
>>1166732
>>1166850
>>1167032
>you are an idiot if you take satisfaction in working hard and being productive
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.