[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I get started in the Stock Market? What do I need to know
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: stock.jpg (1 MB, 1000x699) Image search: [Google]
stock.jpg
1 MB, 1000x699
How do I get started in the Stock Market?
What do I need to know about it before I can start? (Besides buy low sell high)
>>
Buy high and sell low while going short.
>>
Dont get involved in the stock market. It's not a fast way to get rich.
>>
>>1164144
buy the dip
>>
>>1164144
Learn hedging techniques and options to augment your portfolio.
>>
Check out Martin shkreli's YouTube page. He's been doing beginner's lessons on finance.
>>
>>1164313
>Sell drugs for 58x their original cost
>>
>>1164319
profit is what has made modern medicine what it is today. Fucking commie.
>>
>>1164144
buy penny stocks for ez gains
>>
>>1164313
Martin pls go.
P l s. G o
Dont fall for the evaluation meme op. We really need a sticky, read wall street journal, lurk investment forums, dont take advice ever from the motherfucking internet they really are not insiders.
Accept you will be as accurate as a gypsy fortuneteller and dont fall into "whats popular now"; if its popular now and youre hopping in you are too late youre gonna lose a lot of money.What area performs best this year will perform among the worst the next year.

The Intelligent Investor - Benjamin Graham
Warren Bufffet letters, accounting books, id read some lean/ six sigma ( jurens quality handbook, total quality), psychology and an actual job.

Accept no one will make you rich, always think, whats in it for them?
>>
Do I need alot of money to start? Does E-trade or TD Ameritrade cost money to start an account? I'm seeing alot of trade fees on online trading websites, and I don't want to pay for a broker.
>>
>>1164415
>Do I need alot of money to start
At least a few thousand.

>Does E-trade or TD Ameritrade cost money to start an account?
No.

>I don't want to pay for a broker.
Too bad.
>>
File: 1423629102206.png (447 KB, 600x566) Image search: [Google]
1423629102206.png
447 KB, 600x566
>>1164420
>>I don't want to pay for a broker.
>Too bad.
But muh Robin Hood!!!
>>
Td ameritrade will let you make a practice account. Invest pretend money for a while and see how you do.
>>
>>1164900
>Invest pretend money
The only flaw in this plan is that most people trade differently with fake money. They may think they're fooling themselves, but their subconscious still knows it's fake.
>>
>>1164170
PFFF
>>
>>1164969
so same as when a broker plays with your money and he doesn't give two fucks because they are just numbers to him?
>>
>>1165005
>a broker plays with your money
You let a broker play with your money?
How old are you?
>>
>>1164388
>Dont fall for the evaluation meme op
>recommends graham and buffett
>>
>>1164144
Spend months researching or else you're wasting money
>>
File: 1022_tsipras.jpg (162 KB, 684x342) Image search: [Google]
1022_tsipras.jpg
162 KB, 684x342
>>1165055
>He will watch an albanian evaluate companies and stop at that

How do you miss a point this hard, evaluation has a basis, but your little hero's basic evaluation could've been left at two lessons focused on it. Instead of 12 hours of it. Martin's YouTube finance has decent things, but it's mostly basic things and not something I'd recommend for a person who has a drive to actually learn these things rather than "learn". I thought they were good until lesson three, then the quality plummeted and it was the same things again and again. Evaluation meme is watching Martin's streams as your basis for all your Financial knowledge.

Why is Martin Fanclub so adamant on not practising reading comprehension?
>Accept no one will make you rich, always think, whats in it for them?
Martin I know it's you, your evaluation videos are whack, martin pls go.
>>
File: 1447872278154.jpg (74 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
1447872278154.jpg
74 KB, 640x960
>>1164144
Get your ass a brokerage account. Don't forget that if you hold a position for less than a year you must pay capital gains taxes. Buy low and sell high.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.