[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are you really a "business owner" if you just followed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: franchise.jpg (57 KB, 929x357) Image search: [Google]
franchise.jpg
57 KB, 929x357
Are you really a "business owner" if you just followed the template of a franchise?
>>
you pay for them, run them as if you ran a.. Food... Business. Why wouldn't it be? Would you be a business man if you owned a floral shop? Or a bank? What about a law firm?
>>
>>1164101

In order to be a "business owner", you must own a business.

Think about it and come back in a few years.
>>
I think about it like this: if you own a franchise or rental properties (commercial or residential) then you're a different kind of business owners. You have a business model already worked out for you basically by blue print, but you have to defend that shit. In my city the local franchise/commercial property owners have lobbied the city to effectively keep out food trucks that could compete with their businesses. They have to stay on top of that shit, so they have a different set of obligations than, say, the guy who opened up his own Mexican restaurant downtown and has grown them into a small chain of local restaurants. He's worried about his business model and margins, you're worried about keeping out rival developers and businesses.
>>
>>1164101
In the eyes of who? Government? Then yes, if the business license in issued to your company and if you are the one paying sales tax, why wouldn't you be the owner? But in the eyes of yourself? You are just running the store for the corporate and getting your commission from sales. I've been in both sides for years and still am.
>>
>>1164101
of course you are a business owner but with a franchise you wont be an "entrepreneur"...
>>
eBay business isn't a franchise like the related images.

it is just one of the various marketplaces that a business can sell on.
>>
>>1164939
there are some dropship/whitelabel companies that trick poor cucks into paying them membership fees for the privilege of being able to market their stuff on ebay for like 2$ a sale...
>>
Fuck prestige, get money.
>>
>>1164939
And much less obvious, Starbucks does not franchise either; all stores are corporate. The closest would be the licensed stores like Target, Kroger, airport, etc, and corporate is still very involved in those.

Source: Starbucks Store Manager
>>
>>1164101
You'd be a franchise owner, kinda like a store manager.

The real business owner is the CEO
>>
>>1164990
Maybe in US but not Finland (this I'm sure off) and maybe the rest of Europe
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.