[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I find a job? I've been dropping my CV in numerous
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: come-and-see_72381-1600x1200.jpg (70 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
come-and-see_72381-1600x1200.jpg
70 KB, 1600x1200
How do I find a job?
I've been dropping my CV in numerous places for three weeks now and, so far, I've only got one call.

I'm willing to do anything.
>>
You need to put a face to your resume, by actually talking to people. Networking is worth more than a piece if paper lost in a stack of pieces of paper
>>
>>1164061
Thanks.
>>
dropped hundreds of CVs, maybe thousands, every job was through networking... don't even bother anymore... just have something lying around in case HR clucks need a piece of paper against the file when I get hired...
>>
>>1164059
Post CV
>>
Bump.

Anyone have website suggestions for applying for jobs? I'm applying on craigslist and indeed. Need a job ASAP.
>>
>>1164059
How about actually walking into a place and actually talking to somebody? Millennials these days are so fucking lazy. They think they can just send their resume online and actually have something happen.
>>
what a great movie
>>
>>1165842
what mov is it?
>>
>>1164059
Jobs can be difficult to get at times. Keep applying and keep networking.
>>
>>1165826
Don't blame millennials alone, job hunters have been lazy and entitled for well over a decade at this stage. I'd say since 2002 myself. ESPECIALLY those just entering the workforce.

OP, go into restaurants and bars, every single one. Have a chit chat with a server (when it's quiet, standing, not sitting like you expect service) and bring the subject around to their staff needs. If possible, ask for the manager and ask if they're looking for staff as you're keen to get into the bizness. This works for other sectors too.

Have a good CV ready. Hand it to them and don't expect a call. Visit again in 10 days.

Expect to work like a Dublin hooker for six months and take what yer given. After that you can start hoping for better conditions, but if you expect to move up in any industry, get yourself 3 years experience.

Oh and looking for a job is a full time job in itself. If you want to succeed, try to put in 8 hours a day.

Note that the sooner you start, the sooner you'll be ahead of your buddies, so may as well start planning tonight and visiting tomorrow
>>
I miss the traditional 'walk into a business and hand in a resume or application' way to get a job.
it felt more genuine, like you actually had more of a chance.
doing it online has its benefits but i'd choose the traditional method over the online method any day.
>>
>>1165819
If you haven't, you should do follow ups and speak to a manager over the phone.
some of them will actually bring you in for an interview if you call them.
some won't cause they just don't need to hire anybody
but it will give you a good look if they actually are hiring.
i've done this with all my previous jobs.
i would call whichever place i applied to.
ask to speak to a manager cause im interested in a job.
i speak to a manager.
we talk.
next thing you know they're asking me to come in for an interview.
so to sum it all up:
follow ups and talking to managers help out A LOT.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.