[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Made a video on how to mine ethereum on nanopool in your spa
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3
Made a video on how to mine ethereum on nanopool in your spare time. I have a GTX970 and I average about 18mh/s.

at current prices thats about $3.92 per day doing nothing extra; if ethereum increases in price then so will daily earnings. Check it out as a good no-effort method for income.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2-dHzYRgmw
>>
here's a calculator to check how much you can earn daily with your GPU's: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiK9LSMxODLAhUHw2MKHTI2AgcQFggcMAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fbadmofo.github.io%2Fethereum-mining-calculator%2F&usg=AFQjCNGve7yr50sAMj1CvlZ6vOc887LHtw&sig2=h1inPwgro5S4rXLyNgTsjQ&bvm=bv.117868183,d.cGc
>>
here's another video I made on cloud mining: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hM6YOG_ZA-0

this one is more of a shill since I have a direct monetary gain if you sign up with my code, but if you can't afford a substantial mining rig / gaming computer this can be a good way to get some nice returns relative to other methods.
>>
>>1163722
good vid etc, but dont etherium become harder just like bitcoin?
>>
>>1163722
What's the downside? How does mining work? It can't be free money so how
>>
>>1164289
Electricity and video card tear, but then you also spend electricity and tear your card every time you bootup cs:go. Basically he's speculating that ethereum will be worth more in the future.
>>
>>1164296
Can you work that even with a regular laptop or do you need an high-end gaming apparatus?
>>
>>1163722

Is it worth it if you don't have a video card, and thus need to buy one? At 3.92$ per day, it would take over 3 months just to break even.

Also, how many hours a day at 18mh/s do you leave it on?
>>
>>1164301
>>1164304
CPU mining is possible, but orders of magnitude slower than GPU. Also keep in mind that you need at least 2GB of GPU RAM to mine currently. I found that out when I got all the stuff set up only to find that my 1GB of GPU RAM wasn't enough (and all my other machines either have less than that or use shared memory only).
>>
Do nvidia card mine slower than AMD cards?
>>
>>1164338
yep
>>
File: 1309380176792.jpg (5 KB, 252x248) Image search: [Google]
1309380176792.jpg
5 KB, 252x248
Is it worth it to mine with shitty cards? I've got a geforce 460 se.
>>
I tried mining using my 7870 but when I try to start the miner with the command line it just crashes immediately, saying ethminer.exe has stopped working. Anyone could help me out with that?
>>
well.. I got two gtx 680 in sli...
and when I start to mine, my computer says no, and freezes..
is there a known problem with nvidia or something?
>>
>>1163722
>signed up for newegg credit card
>$2500 credit limit approved instantly
>buy 6 gpus (r9 380x) with warranty
> cram into 4 shitty desktops I've accumulated over a few years
>mining at 120 MH/s just like the calculator said
>free $600 this month at current prices
>I'll just return them in 3 weeks for a full refund if the price isn't at a new ATH

Literally free money. Even if I somehow get stuck with the gpus I can easily sell them for 75% money back in 6 months
>>
>>1164389
It needs to be run with some options specified. Make a .bat script in notepad in the same folder.

Type in
exeminer -G -F [url of pool]

Just google search some ethereum pool to join. They all have examples like this you can copy paste.
>>
>>1164423
I did exactly that, ran it from .bat file and everything, it just crashes. I tried to do --list-devices, but it doesn't seem to do anything, it doesn't return a list or anything, just the program name, creators, etc. My drivers are up to date and my GPU is working fine.
>>
>>1163722

Very helpful. You got a subscriber.
>>
>>1163722

What about electricity costs and depreciation of the computer? Certainly making your GPU work all day is going to cost something. It doesn't look like the risks and expenses associated with this are worth the rates of return.

You'd have to hope that whatever the fuck this shit is rises in price which is going to be difficult when you have a supply growing. I don't think the demand could outpace that.
>>
>>1164417
why dont you expand?
>>
>>1164429
Can you see what the error is? Make another line and type "pause", then run it again without "--list-devices".
>>
>>1164521
Im out of old desktops, and i don't want to pay for more than the gpus, especially not up front.

>>1164429
Nvidia needs to use cuda, so maybe -U instead of -G
>>
File: ethminer screencap.jpg (199 KB, 808x385) Image search: [Google]
ethminer screencap.jpg
199 KB, 808x385
>>1164529
Here's what happens when I try to mine. According to Windows log, here's what the error is:
Faulting application name: ethminer.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x56f26401
Faulting module name: MSVCR120.dll, version: 12.0.21005.1, time stamp: 0x524f83ff
Exception code: 0x40000015
Fault offset: 0x0000000000074a46
Faulting process id: 0xef4
Faulting application start time: 0x01d18885db0f5f2f
Faulting application path: E:\ethminer\ethminer.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\MSVCR120.dll
Report Id: 1987d835-f479-11e5-8a35-902b343e2fcc
I already tried to update Visual C++ Redistributable, which I read about googling the issue, it didn't work.
>>1164538
I'm using a Radeon H7870, so it's not Nvidia
>>
>>1164476
There's "artificial demand" implemented into ethereum since september 2015. Every day it gets harder for anyone to mine a block. It will get exponentially harder, and the miner growth won't be able to keep up with the difficulty increase in about 6 months. That will cause block times to get longer and make mining less profitable. That's how proof of stake will be introduced.

Each day for the next few months, miners will need to spend more computational power for the same amount of eth. That means they will charge higher prices. Since power consumed is one of the only things grounding altcoin price to reality, it's a good bet price will rise.
>>
>>1164549
I had some issue with that dll too. Installing the 64 bit (not x86) 2013 redistributable fixed it. If that didn't work, I'm out of ideas
>>
>>1164590
Alright. Thanks for the help bro.
>>
>>1164569

That sounds unstable. Is there any other value that's created? Why will people pay a higher price for this? I understand the supply will naturally get cut off and it should raise the price but realistically it'd probably wouldn't be much as there is no value created, just a supply getting cut off.
>>
>>1164674
The value creation is speculative, but ethereum makes blockchain programming easier compared to bitcoin. So even if the bitcoin TX limit and developer fighting turn out to be nonissues, I think services will be rolled out faster and cheaper on ethereum than on bitcoin.

All ethereum needs is a large drug marketplace and lots of ways to gamble, and it has the same utility as bitcoin. It already has lots of progress in the way of gambling. So with 4x the supply and 2.5% the price compared to bitcoin, it seems like a good bet that the price will rise.
>>
>>1164304
I leave it on 24 hours a day during weekdays unless I'm playing a game which is getting rarer and rarer these days (maybe 2 hours a day at most it's off).

>>1164429
I wish I had more programming knowledge to help you out. I'm probably the same skill level as you when it comes to this kind of stuff.

>>1164476
Relatively speaking if you can break about 10mh/s you are going to beat power consumption costs and this is meant mostly as a freebie for people with reasonable desktop PCs. I figured 4chan probablty has a higher density of people with gaming oriented computers and this is a great way to generate some ETH using means you likely already have.

If you don't have a reasonable rig theres a video on my channel about cloud mining which may or may not interest you depending on how you're looking to get into it. >>1164694
I agree it seems liklely that price will rise and while it will become harder to mine ethereum in the future I think it's a good opportunity to get into it as early as you can to allow yourself some free room for growth (I'm not implying that anyone is going to get rich from mining in their spare time on their already existing rigs, but if the price does go up I think it's something people should look into if they have the means).
>>
>>1163722
did you tell them ethereum mining is evolving from PoW to PoS in few months? So most of the investments made today in GPU will most likely never achieve payback.
Source: jews
>>
>>1164724
While there isnt' exactly a definite timeline for POS to be released, this is why I advise that people use whats available to them or invest in cloud mining contracts. Developers have said it could exceed one year before POS is introduced, but you're right; investing in GPUS now would be higher risk than it would have been a year ago as there it would be harder to recoup your initial investment.

For anyone interested, I uploaded another video explaining lending BTC (this generates far more passive income for me than mining ethereum and is definitely work looking into if you're risk-averse).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3MzZaQM_KA
>>
Cheers for this. I'm a bit reluctant to use my new 390x for mining but i'll definitely keep a look out for cards going for cheap.
>>
so...
after doing the "geth.exe --rpc"
what do I do after that? when it finaly finieshes with the download of the genesis file..

Don`t I need to choose gpu and what wallet to mine to?
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.