[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Redpill me on REITs /biz/. Inb4 they go down when interest rates
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4
Redpill me on REITs /biz/.

Inb4 they go down when interest rates rise

Been looking at high yield. I know the basics of equity/debt, what the investment classes are, etc.

Do any of you invest in REITs?
Which ones and why?
REIT investment outlook/what's going to happen in the next year?.
>>
>redpill

Fuck off to /pol/ fucking retard
>>
>>1163389

Fuck off to r/cuckold
>>
>>1163395
>ur a cuck if you're not an autistic stormneckbeard

I love this meme

Stay in your containment board
>>
>>1163398

>Being this butt devastated that Bernie is out of the race and your life long dream of the government subsidizing cuckoldry is destroyed
>>
>>1163386

Your best bet is with Vanguard as with most funds (lowest expense ratio). VGSIX (VGSLX if you have money for admiral shares) or VNQ if you want the ETF. They're ok for diversification purposes as a 5-10% of your portfolio but I personally keep things simple with a lazy 3-fund portfolio of only stocks and bonds.
>>
>>1163408
>being this mad that Trump isn't going to win

Hahahajahahaha I'm team Hillary
>>
>>1163413
I've actually been thinking about this, and Hillary is probably the best bet to keep the markets stable and maybe add some gains. Anyone else and we'll probably be back to 2008 levels by the end of their first term. Too bad she is a feminist nigger loving cunt. Some things are worth more than money.

>>1163386
I like them, but you are probably better off just investing in a blue chip dividend stock paying over 3% like Verizon or McDonalds.

I currently own CIM and am pretty happy it has been pretty stable since I bought it a few years ago and has given me good returns. I used to own REM but sold it because it kept going down despite rates pretty much being unchanged, which pissed me off because I was right about rates but it still nose dived. CIM is much more stable.

I used to own Plum Creek Timber a while ago which was also a good REIT but they were acquired by Weyerhaeuser, which I might buy some of and I think is a pretty good play.

I like REIT's but with my history I think blue chip dividend stocks are a much better play.
>>
>>1163398
On Soviet board of message, every board is containment board
>>
I don't know what the fuck this thread is about but I do know I want to be suffocated by that ass
>>
>>1163411
Whats the yield? I am not interested in 5% but there are some out there with very high dividend yield and they aren't double taxed.
>>
File: 1924c0a.jpg (7 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1924c0a.jpg
7 KB, 200x200
>Client buys rental property
>It's a never ending goddamn nightmare and they aren't even cash flow positive
>mfw I owned some REIT shares and the REITs did all the bullshit management stuff and gave me straight cash homie

I saw this shit so often when I worked at a small CPA firm
>>
>>1163433
I am not looking for 3% dividend yield and I already have stocks/sp500 in my portfolio.

I am interested in high yield REITs
>>
Get in on some local real estate partnerships or privately traded REITs. Nothing ever goes wrong there you just stack cash to the ceiling.
>>
>>1163450
Ok buy CIM and hope it doesn't depreciate more than 14% a year.
>>
>>1163461
https://www.valueforum.com/reits/high-yielding.mpl

Or pick some stuff off this list I guess
>>
>>1163398
Back to your safe space Reddit

This is how we talk here, if you don't like it fuck off
>>
If your looking for high yield in the REIT market I would recommend mortgage REITs.
They buy notes, mezzanine financing, etc.
Lower overhead passed onto shareholder.
>>
>>1163450
NLY dawg
>>
>>1163474
This is why everyone hates /pol/ especially other boards.
>>
File: 1441246868036.jpg (45 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1441246868036.jpg
45 KB, 600x600
>>1163398
>implying >>>/biz/ isn't a containment board itself

stay new my friend.
>>
File: chappelle.jpg (157 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
chappelle.jpg
157 KB, 640x360
>>1163386
Y'all got any more of them dividends? Gimme them dividends, baby! I'll suck yo dick!
>>
>>1163386
Try GOOD. Solid company.
>>
>>1163386
>2016
>anything other than 100% of your portfolio being REITs
You're worried about diversifying? Okay. Put 50% of your capital in Equity REITs and 50% in Mortgage REITs. Take the dividends and put them in a piggy bank to actually buy property in your name and pay the mortgage in dividends from your 3000% dividend yielding REITs. In your spare time, draw buildings and homes in AutoCAD. At night, go to sleep and have wet dreams about being a major property investor.

Donald Trump is about to be president. He is going to make real estate great again.
>>
File: 1450825730160.png (278 KB, 652x589) Image search: [Google]
1450825730160.png
278 KB, 652x589
>>1163389
>>1163398
>OP doesn't mention anything at all related to /pol/
>doesn't understand a meme
>this autism
>>
>>1163533
give us some names faggot
>>
>>1163386
This isn't really /biz/ related, but does any one else think that pic related has a bit too much power over us ?

Sure, I love women, but it's just the idea that they only want power, attention and what's in their best interest is what ruins the whole relationship thing for me.

Edit: grammar
>>
Look into their AFFO,
I would invest in a reit that focuses on regional logistical/ light industrial. They are taking over the retail scene quickly with e commerce warehousing only structures.
I'm a CRE analyst. Ask any questions
>>
>>1163934
Seems like you're dating the wrong kind of women anon.
>>
>>1163934
>Sure, I love women, but it's just the idea that they only want power, attention and what's in their best interest is what ruins the whole relationship thing for me.
they're not all like that. just the most vocal ones
>>
>>1163973
Look into their adjusted funds from operations? I will dig into that stuff eventually if I decide to add a REIT or 2.

Why would you suggest logistics/light industrial? Fundamentally manufacturing has been and continues to be going to shit in the US. This is one of the areas I was not looking. Was thinking more about multi family residential and office in hot metro areas where rents are rising the fastest.
>>
>>1163386
Kind of shotty returns really. Hoe much are you looking to invest?
>>
>>1164081
Not much. $500-1000 until I understand these better. There are high yielders out there at 20+% and if they are bought at the right time seems like a good deal.
>>
>>1164047
Mf in primary markets is lucrative but they will be hit the hardest during a down turn. Although you can find undervalued mf reits easier Imo, more shops like to do these but most are garden style. Just last week I made a recommendation for my company to take a public reit private at premium of 11 when the stock is trading at under 10, and it was a luxury apartment reit. Office in primary markets are typically apart of a core and core plus strategy and aren't paying as much in dividends.
I recommend the light industrial because those are what start ups that have goods to sell are increasingly choosing now. Instead of a brick and mortar shop in town with Rents of $50/sf Nnn for 5,000 sf plus a warehouse to store items. You can get a logistics / light industrial with 5% office space make up and just focus on shipping your items with good customer service. Think zappos, amazon, dollar shave club.
Just my outlook. All asset classes are viable you just want to make sure that the reit your investing in has a good clear strategy that aligns with your outlook and that their finicanials are sound and growing. It they are levered up over 60%, for instance, is a red flag in CRE.
I recommend reading their 10-k filing from the SEC before investing.

Sorry this may be jumbled. I dont like writing a lot on my phone.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.