[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
selling a small biz
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: 1272051486410.jpg (63 KB, 500x345) Image search: [Google]
1272051486410.jpg
63 KB, 500x345
I run a small apparel brand that targets the weightlifting niche mainly through IG. I currently have 34k followers on IG and have a presence of FB and twitter. My heart is just not into it anymore and I'm looking to wipe my hands clean of it.

Is there a site where people actively sell small businesses?
>>
>>1162852
Did you try using Google bro?
>>
>>1162852

sole prop?
how many hours a week?
what is revenue and profit?
>>
>>1162861
>sole prop
yes

>how many hours a week?
The only time I put into it is making IG posts and shipping out orders. So like ~3hrs/wk

>revenue/profit
revenue to date = $8.7K
profit to date = -$5k
>>
>>1162938
How are you 5k in the red?
>>
>>1162947
Startup cost is more than you would expect. Design work has been done by people who have done work for major brands like Nike, so they weren't cheap either. All of my apparel nets a 50% profit. The brand has been running for only 1 year so I'd estimate hitting the break even point late this year.
>>
>>1162959
>Design work has been done by people who have done work for major brands like Nike

There's your first fucking mistake. Everyone in the world knows how to draw and there are good artists out there who live month-to-month.
>>
>>1162964
I can't even draw a straight line. I don't think you know anything about creative direction or long term brand cohesion.
>>
>>1162968
What kind of design work did you get done? Was it logo/site design, or clothing design?
>>
>>1162979
Logo and clothing design. I run the site using squarespace.

The brand I run is called Valhalla Iron (valhallairon.com). IG is @valhalla_iron

fuck my shit up /biz/
>>
>>1162980
Looks like decent logos, I know nothing about the fitness or fashion industry so take that fwiw.

Considering your current 3 hrs/week of work, how much revenue do you pull in each month?

How much are you expecting to sell the business for?
>>
>>1162990
I know this is going to sound retarded but I don't pay attention to monthly revenue. There is a direction correlation to how often I post on IG to how many sales I get per month.

I'm only looking to break even and make back that ~$5k or whatever it is that I'm down.
>>
>>1162993
Well, if someone is interested in buying that brand and business and think they might have the skills and/or IG followers to build it up, they will want to know basic info like monthly revenue, sales trends, etc. I understand why you may not want to post it here, but you need to collect that info.

I'd love to be able to find opportunities like this to invest in, but as I mentioned, i know nothing about this specific field so it's not really a good idea for me.
>>
File: inventory.jpg (4 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
inventory.jpg
4 MB, 5312x2988
>>1162990
>>1163001
pic related, most of my remaining inventory.

I'll post my excel expense sheet later tonight when I get the chance.
>>
>>1162852
>flippa, blackhatworld, etc.
>>
>>1163004
Do you mind explaining how you managed to get the real followers and where you got the knowledge to build a brand ?
>>
>>1163004
Brand name is pretty cool and the clothes dont even look bad. Why aren't you trying to expand it? it might just explode
>>
>>1163037
The followers come from a bot that follows/unfollows people based on the parameters I give it. I've only been at this for a year, but I have an interest in marketing and advertising.

>>1163036
It comes down to not being passionate about it anymore. It is cool to get comments and email from customers and fans saying how much they love the clothing and brand but it isn't enough for me. I know if I really gave it 20-30hrs/week it could be alot bigger, but like I said my heart isn't in it anymore.
>>
>>1163056
Where can one find these bot followers?
>>
>>1163056
I see,i had that idea some time ago when i was starting a business,but thought it might be bit of a longshot to get into that business where i dont know much. I just love to hit the gym and its hard as hell to find clothes that u like.
>>
>>1163056
Is this a custom made bot or is it a known package? If so, what is the name of it?

Good luck with your sale.
>>
Pretty slick looking brand OP. Shame your heart's not in it anymore. What kind of set-up do you have, screen print or heat press? Or do you have them made at a printer?
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.