[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Passive Income & Savings General: WAGE SLAVE EDITION
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: wage-slave.gif (5 KB, 250x162) Image search: [Google]
wage-slave.gif
5 KB, 250x162
Hey guys, I work two jobs and go to school to full time (mainly online courses with an evening course). I don't really have any free time other than evenings, weekends, and the rare mutual day off from both jobs.

I have two questions:

1) What can I start doing to make extra money on the side? I've sold a laptop and tarot cards on eBay, and have a few more things I may be able to sell for >$100 altogether. Also, I'm working on growing gourmet mushrooms for the farmers market this year. I'm tight on time, but I was thinking maybe even programming work during my free time, since it wouldn't need to be 9-5, but project based? Any ideas would be great.

2) Where should I be putting this money? I know a standard savings account isn't my best bet, but what is?
>>
>>1162766
Dude stop that "wage slave"thing.
Those people are productive members who benefit our land.
>>
>>1162766
>1) What can I start doing to make extra money on the side?
Keep doing what you're doing. If you have any other side hobbies that you are decent at (photography, writing, crafts, etc.), try to see if there is a way for you to monetize that.

>2) Where should I be putting this money? I know a standard savings account isn't my best bet, but what is?
https://www.reddit.com/r/personalfinance/

Oh and OP, don't listen to fags like >>1162778. They want you to stay content with being at the bottom with them.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crab_mentality
>>
>>1162848
lol gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay
>>
>>1162766
>manually selling things online
>passive income
kek
>>
Here in my garage
>>
File: tumblr_o1zer9HEv21v0pigno1_500.jpg (45 KB, 409x409) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o1zer9HEv21v0pigno1_500.jpg
45 KB, 409x409
>>1162778
>
>>
File: Capture.jpg (120 KB, 933x616) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
120 KB, 933x616
>>1162766
theres this a while back
>>
any ideas guys?
>>
>>1163926
Russian carder.
>>
>>1164270
HOw come
>>
>>1162766
passive income is a myth
>>
>>1164452
ever heard of dividends?
>>
>>1164480
that's not passive at all.
you have to be constantly vigilant and ready to pounce.
it also requires quiet a huge investment.
>>
>>1164487
>quiet

Suck a cock
>>
Anyone else using peer to peer lending to take out loans and buy stock or other assets?
>>
>>1164487
>constantly vigilant and ready to pounce
Pounce on the dividend?
Oh, I get it. You mean so it can't run away?
>>
>>1164889
dividend is paid after shares or stocks
shares and stocks are risky and expensive
typically it would take decades for a share to pay for itself in dividends and if it loses on value you are ultimately fucked.

it's risky as hell especially with current monetary system where shares can be devalued overnight without the company doing anything wrong.
>>
>>1165004
Wow.
Not sure who told you collection of dividends isn't a passive strategy, because it is. It also doesn't require a "huge investment".
Almost anyone who has a retirement fund is making money off the passive collection of dividends. No one has to watch shit to collect them, they just accumulate.
And as long as they're holding long term (and 99% are) no one really gives a fuck when a stocks' value drops.
>>
>>1165011
i looked at the dividends paid after well doing shares with colleges lately and i wouldn't touch that shit.

you can buy a share for like $20 to get a yearly dividend or 20 cents.

that's fucked up man just about any investment tops this if you remove the stock price increase it's not even an investment.
>>
>>1165017
1% divident, or 'interest' for holding a stock per year isn't horrible returns compared to other investment in this low rate environment. but i agree it is less than what i was expecting

only question is if you're buying into the stock now do you expect the price to continue to gain value?
>>
>>1165017
>i looked at the dividends paid after well doing shares with colleges lately
Oh, ok.
You should probably avoid dividends, then.
>>
>>1165045
i can make way more just by playing with currency between my bank accounts and it remains liquid. hell i made twice as much per year on gold.

but sure enough sometimes you can win big on stock prices. just like any commodity it can go up and down.
>>
>>1165017
On the other hand, I bought Ford at $2 per share a few years ago and make my money back every 18 months. You have to get lucky and buy in at a low point to get anywhere with dividends.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.