[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you determine whether you've 'made it',
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: IMG_20160326_110105.jpg (797 KB, 1520x2218) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160326_110105.jpg
797 KB, 1520x2218
How do you determine whether you've 'made it', 4chan?

It's payday today for me & I'm a guest at my sister's gym & this is a topic I think about.

Are you a success if you have a job, housing, gym membership & a car?
>>
That's the basics of the average adult.

I wouldn't really call that success but it can be if you grew up broke or abused or something.
>>
>>1162653
>Are you a success if you have a job, housing, gym membership & a car?
maybe when you're 16
>>
>>1162653
There is no "made it".
>>
In my book, 'made it' means a stable passive six figure income.
>>
Give made it when money and sex are no longer important goals

Aka top of the hierarchy of needs
>>
>>1162653
You've "made it" when you've reached the goals you wanted to reach.
>>
I will consider myself successful once I reach financial independence.
>>
Made it is when money is a non-issue and you can pretty much do anything you want whenever you want
>>
In college I thought 65k is all I need to be happy, got it, then it was 100k, got it, this year I will make 200k, still isn't enough. You always should be chasing the next level.
>>
>>1162927
but when will you realize that no amount of money will make you happy?
>>
>>1162665
underrated post - this is perfect.

you've got it made in the shade when you have put your money into something that continues to produce a "free" income for yourself - allowing you to do whatever.
>>
File: Houston72-600.jpg (61 KB, 600x413) Image search: [Google]
Houston72-600.jpg
61 KB, 600x413
mane you done made it yet
>>
File: 3252525245456.gif (2 KB, 178x199) Image search: [Google]
3252525245456.gif
2 KB, 178x199
>>1162927
good goy! keep chasing those dolla bills!
>>
>>1162927
>>1162936
iwillteachyoutoberich.com

no joke great dude
>>
You've made it when you are financially independent. None of you wagecucks qualify.
>>
success is when you can afford whatever the literal fuck you want without a job and your are not about to die in 10 years and your dick can still get up
>>
You've made it when you are born with a Chad compact midface like that guy, a NW0 hairline for life, 6'2''+ broad shoulders and a big trust fund.

Everything else is the scam of the rat race.
>>
>>1163801
>None of you wagecucks qualify
Speak for yourself.
I know I do.
>>
>made it
>still on 4chan

kek
>>
>>1164236
That's true.
I had to post proof of lack of income before they would let me post here.
>>
>>1162653

I've made it when I'm:

1. Working less than 20 hrs a week (all under my own schedule),

2. Can afford to drop everything in my life and go on vacation for 1-2 months a year with minimal repercussions

3. Zero worries about bills/IRS/etc

4. Less than 1% of "those people" in my neighborhood

That's about all I want really. Hopefully I can achieve it around age 30-35.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.