[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How to become /biz/ approved as a 18-year old? Don´t have any
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
File: wolf_wall_street2.jpg (258 KB, 750x500) Image search: [Google]
wolf_wall_street2.jpg
258 KB, 750x500
How to become /biz/ approved as a 18-year old? Don´t have any motivation to just study, want to make some good money as well. Any tips?
>>
Start a business
>>
>>1162558
That´s what I would love to do. I just don´t have any idea what kind of business, because I don´t have any idea what to sell.
>>
>>1162561
if you don't have anything to sell you sell your body
>>
kneepads m8
>>
>>1162562
>>1162566
That´s maybe the only thing that I think I´m better that.

I was thinking about helping some US based smaller company to expand their business to Europe, as I live in Finland. Any thoughts about that?
>>
Not what you want to hear, but what you should realize:

No one (significant) is going to invest money or time in someone, without that person having

>A special skill set, which he/she can proof with past experience
or
>A significant amount of money
or
>Useful connections, as in: politicians, or people who have one of the two above mentioned qualities

There are millions of people who like to dream, who think they have great ideas, etc. You' re not special. If you want something you' ll have to take action and work for it.
>>
>>1162577
99% of new startup go bust if i remember correctly.
you have to keep trying and preferably not burn your own money trying.
>>
>>1162553
>Don´t have any motivation to just study, want to make some good money as well
That's literally everyone. Gain some discipline, choose a useful major, do some internships, then come back here.
>>
>>1162577
That´s something that I already knew, but I respect your honesty.

I have been a dreamer for past 6 moths and now I have gotten too frustrated of thinking what I would be capable to do, and not doing anything about it. Only thing that I now need is the idea for a business.
>>
>>1162591
i got frustrated with my work since last november. i have worked hard and saved up for 7 years now and i get antsy sitting on the money and living day to day like a zombie.
i don't want to keep on droning for other peoples profit.
i have savings significant here in the class i'm in but you guys would probably make fun of me if i told you my net wroth even tho the wast majority of people here don't have nearly as much savings as me.
>>
>>1162591

Well it depends on your interests, your skills and free time and whether you can combine those to create something which is in demand.

I personally enjoy programming a lot, because it gives me the tools to create something with relatively little capital and little dependance on third parties. But it does take a lot of time and dedication, and it helps if you have something that sets you apart from other programmers.
>>
>>1162590
>Gain some discipline

Not Op, but this right here is what I'm lacking the most.

How do you create a 'do it' mentality ?
>>
>>1162616
I would recommend you to read "Think and grow rich" by Napoleon Hill. There is plenty of information according that. For me it just came naturally, after I got too frustrated with my life.
>>
LEARN TO CODE

Let me repeat that

LEARN TO CODE

It's endlessly useful for finding jobs and it's fun ask fuck
>>
>>1162626
>>1162596
see this, after a couple of years it gets old.
i'm infinitely bored with my job they never let me create anything meaningful it's always what the customer pays for no matter how stupid the deadlines are always surrealistic the scope always expands like gum. at 36 i have grey hair showing up. i mean wtf it took my parents well into their 40s to get gray streaks.
>>
>>1162639
I believe that´s how it´s going to be with everything. At first you get bored with studying and after that you will get bored with your job. I´m glad that I´m still in a situation where I have a possibility to do both.
>>
>>1162553
>18
>not motivated to get an education
>wants to start a business
>has no idea what to sell
>wants anonymous faggots on a japanese anime imageboard to tell him the key to success

Has it occurred that maybe you're just not cut out for this stuff, m8? stay in school or go flip burgers, nothing is gonna come to you without hard work or a stroke of genius.
>>
>>1162690
people forget luck all the time.
if you want to make it from scratch you need enormous luck on top of ability and opportunity.
1 out of 100 make it. the 99% gets cucked and lives as a wage-slave.

i know a guy that has one business after an other somehow he stays afloat doing business left and right with everything he can get his hands on and he is still not rich. and he is doing it pretty good compared to most people.
>>
>>1162587
>>1162587
>99% of business startups fail
This is an oversimplification. A business can be successful for years then go belly up. For instance, I knew a guy who made good money in high school ripping MP3s and burning MP3 CDs for people (that's about 10 audio CD's worth of music) for 5 bucks. He made decent money at the time, definitely recouped his investment costs. It doesn't change the fact that the business is certainly belly up right now.

In fact, any single product-oriented business plan should have an estimate for when the venture won't be profitable any more; either competitors will saturate the market or replacement higher tech versions will displace the business model (Think VHS->DVD->HDDVD->Free online stream). Plus, any business venture is inherently risky. Put a top 1% entrepreneur at the helm of a company with a sure-fire product and proper funding and you still are only looking at a 50% success rate at best. This is why a key feature of entrepreneurs is the ability to fail multiple times in a row and pick themselves up and do it again for the opportunity that finally takes off.

I hate Trump and will vote against him in the general if he makes it, but I hate how people always criticize him for having failed businesses. That is the nature of entrepreneurial ventures.

tl;dr- Just because a business goes belly up at the end doesn't mean that they weren't profitable and recoup their initial investments multiple times over.
>>
>>1162715
yeah but i think 99% of the 99% goes belly up the first year.
mostly because they misread the market or were just plain out of luck not at the right place in the right time with the ability to start something.

the average joe is not equipped to make good business. and the entire system is rigged against him as well.
>>
>>1162690
I´m not looking for a key to success. I just want to hear some ideas and tips. I´m sure that many of you have way more experience in business than I, so your opinions and tips are greatly appreciated.
>>
>>1162783
Kaksi sanaa: Aallon kylteri.
>>
>>1162639
Dude I'm balding so bad some kid called me patches, and I'm only 24
>>
>>1162572
Itellä nyt alko toka vuos yrittäjänä.
Tuntuu hyvältä kun pitää maksaa 19% tyel sekä loputtomat eri vakuutukset,tilaajavastuut,työttömyysturvat,yel,työttömyysrahasto ja lääkäri maksut :)

>starting a business in finland is a living hell
>>
>>1162553
Buy kneepads
>>
File: 1434215467801.png (38 KB, 194x200) Image search: [Google]
1434215467801.png
38 KB, 194x200
>>1163000
>patches
>>
>>1163009
Viittisitkö kertoa vähän lisää, että minkä alan yritys ja, että minkä kokoinen yritys on kyseessä?

Käsittääkseni nämä kulut eivät ole kauhean pahat, jos on itse yrityksen ainoa työntekijä.
>>
>>1163000
Don´t worry, I have receding hairline at age of 18.
>>
>>1162553
you'd better find out what's wrong with you and find motivation or you're fucked
>>
>>1162783
Pro tip : learn how to sell
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.