[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just did a survey for some market research and got over 1000
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: url.png (4 KB, 184x273) Image search: [Google]
url.png
4 KB, 184x273
I just did a survey for some market research and got over 1000 responses.

How much percent of the respondents should like my idea for it to be considered worthy ?
>>
How likely is it for them to actually buy your product/service?
>price?
>upfront payment/monthly?
>competitors?
>nice-to-have, luxury or actual need?

Let's assume based on these questions that you think 10% of those potential buyers that showed interest will actually close a deal with you.
>How much profit would you make from that?
>Calculate your run rate/burn down
>How long could you survive
>>
>>1162418

>Are you retared?

It all depends on your margins, fixed costs, whether this sample actually represents the population you are interested in, etc.

If you literally thought the question you asked would be a good one, you' re far too stupid to start a business.
>>
>>1162425
I conducted a survey within the target market, and got 50% and over positive responses for the features within the product, was more wondering whether this is an indicator that it's something people want/ if that's good enough for partners to be interested.

>>1162428
Not retarded, I always love seeing autist bizfags(who've never started a business) like you trying to bring people down - get out of your moms basement before you throw shit bro
>>
>>1162439
everyone has to start somewhere
>>
>>1162439
I think he's trying to say that the numbers from market research aren't good indicators of whether or not people will buy your product
>>
http://www.surveysystem.com/sscalc.htm

Here you go OP
>>
>>1162461
Yeh, he's the retarded one - I clearly stated it's an Idea, we're trying to validate the idea. Validation of the product will come once we've built the prototype, which we wouldn't build without a half decent result from the survey.
>>
>>1162439

Yeah because the answer to this question is exactly the same. Regardless of whether you are 12 and selling juice door to door for 50 cents, or whether you are selling antique doors made of ancient Peruvian Mwerezi tree's for 200k a pop. Sorry I misunderstood you, you savvy business genius.

>just kill yourself
>>
>>1162471
>implying a concept and a product are the same thing
>implying I said i'm a savvy business genius
>projecting this hard

I came to biz for advice, not to listen to an edgy fucking loser like yourself. You're that edgelord nobody likes, your only feeling of superiority is to feel like you are a savvy businessman, except if you were, thats what you'd be doing.. instead of trying to insult people having a go on biz.

Dude, you're the one who should kill themself..srs
>>
Random sample?
Defined total population?
Non response rate?
Is there a systematic difference between non respondents and respondents?
How did you make that survey? Web, mail or phone?
Did you maybe create bias with your questions?

It's pretty hard to conduct a decent survey and if you do some mistakes the result is garbage.
>>
>>1162485
The survey was posted online in relevant forums. So I dont know how many people didn't do it.
It was quite short (20-30 questions) and almost all the questions were required to be answered.

It was done on google forms, I had help from a girl who studied this kind of stuff as part of her psychology degree.
>>
>>1162481

>implying a concept and a product are the same thing

Why would you even ask whether people like your concept, it's almost irrelevant. You want to know whether they will buy your product often enough to make a profit. I am sure if I were to ask people if I should devote all of my time helping in the local soup kitchen, more people would say yes, compared to if I ask whether I should be the new CEO of Fossil Fuel & Co. But guess which makes more money?

>implying I said i'm a savvy business genius
>projecting this hard

"I always love seeing autist bizfags(who've never started a business) like you"

>except if you were, thats what you'd be doing..

If it's impossible to run a successful business and at the same time come on /biz/ to give advice, then why are you here asking business questions?

And if the real problem is that I wasn't "nice" about answering your stupid questions, guess what business isn't all about getting rewarded just because you are nice, naive dipshit.
>>
>>1162493
>studied this kind of stuff as part of her psychology degree

The quantitative methodical education in psychology sucks balls, as you can see right here.

>The survey was posted online in relevant forums. So I dont know how many people didn't do it.

Which means you have no defined total population and no random sample, your data is completely useless. You can't do anything with this. The 1000 respondents you have are in no way representative for anything, I wouldn't draw any conclusions from this.
>>
>>1162494
We're surveying on product features to fine-tune the idea before building.

Stop getting mad bro, its actually a bit embarrassing, there's nothing wrong with being critical, but you came out saying i'm retarded and not smart enough to run a business. It's obvious that in real life you're a low confidence person, who feels powerful insulting people and feeling superior because you know every gordon gecko quote... Find another outlet man.

I'm sure there are successful people on here, thats why i'm asking.. but you're not one of them, you're a sad angry person.
>>
>>1162498
So tell me what is wrong with it in laymans terms, I surveyed people with relevant interests and they liked the idea?
>>
>>1162498
Also got heaps of correspondence and messages of interested people putting forth ideas, showing enthusiasm in general.
>>
>>1162503
>>1162507
It's not wrong to ask your interested people what they like and all, but you can't ask "how many should like this" when you don't have a representative sample. It's irrelevant cause the statistical axiom isn't there. Without a random sample (or a complex sample design) you can't really draw conclusions from this mathematically and technically spoken.

It's good to know what your people want, yes. You can ask them for ideas etc. and get something good out of this, but you can't put percentages on this or say "oh like 800 out of these 1000 respondents want this, I should do it and I am gonna get rich!" In an extreme example, out of the actual population of let's say 100k? only a thousand people TOTAL want what you're selling now, but it happens to be that you got an extreme systematic difference in your sample that makes you believe that "80%" want the thing.

TL:DR: Get ideas out of these people or uses them for trial and error stuff, but don't put percentages on it and draw conclusions from that.
>>
>>1162512
So basically just because a certain percentage of the respondents we interested, doesn't mean the same percentage will be interested across the whole population of that market.

Thanks for your help. This is just a really early thing and it's kind of just to have a look at with my tech co-founders, i'll obviously have to have a better look into how to conduct these properly.

Hopefully I don't look too stupid having sent the results to them in an email. It's still all a learning process for me.
>>
>>1162518
Don't worry man. Surveys are a very complex thing, they probably don't know any better as well. You wouldn't believe how many people write their master thesis with a survey like yours, and the prof doesn't even care cause he doesn't know shit about this either.

If you want to have it done right, it's either gonna take long or it would be very expensive, you would have to do it through a market research institute, unless you have a complete list of all interested people somewhere. I doubt you really need it that well done though.
>>
>>1162523
Thanks for the info man, i'm not somebody who has studied statistics so its a bit complicated for me off the cuff but i'd look into it if I had to.

The guys who are developing the project had me send them an introduction document. They had a look around and decided independently of the survey that they want to develop it, and a technical draft is being drawn up now. So it can't be that bad.
>>
>>1162528
No problem. Sounds good to me, good luck with your future developement.
>>
>>1162549
Cheers
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.