[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Aussie meltdown
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: images.jpg (24 KB, 473x311) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
24 KB, 473x311
Tl;dr Australia is returning to pre-2000 level of GDP. Pic below is a list of unis I can escape to in the US. Anyone have opinions on them?

Australia relied on exporting dirt to escape the GFC and did not reform or implement any innovative action to ensure our post dirt survival. In 2007, politicians big noted themselves , taking the credit for coincidental all time high commodity prices that prevented a recession.

Relative prosperity, Chinese hiding their money and immigration caused a property bubble akin to Ireland and there is still regulatory ammo to further inflate the thing. Immigration is trending down however property approvals for new builds have peaked. House prices continue to rise on false demand.

People have the attitude that you can't lose in property and thus don't consider much else when planning their future, they are sitting in a 20%p.a investment..once they get a little equity they will buy another money.. this results in the majority of people being lazy and uneducated.

Political and economic understanding is at face value 'Can I afford the new SUV Linda has? NO?! Fuckin' government!'. Political debate ends with SJWs and new laws are passed without anyone lifting a boomerang.

Anyway, the joints fucked and I wanted out.
The pic related has the universities available to me for my Masters.

Has anyone had any experience with any of them?
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-03-26-10-43-41.png (217 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-03-26-10-43-41.png
217 KB, 1440x2560
>>
>>1161930
Northeastern is bretty good because its in Boston and its huge. its got a nice internship program, but you can't be full retard. A few of my buds go there.
I looked at RPI but it was a shitty neighborhood.
Drexel University got buttblasted by Sam Hyde on youtube, look up 2077 paradigm shift.
Don't know much about the rest.
>>
>>1161927
I've noticed this too but i don't go to uni. Got any recommendations for a fellow aussie, i'm an apprentice mechanic and should be finishing up next year. Sorry i can't help you with your problems mate
>>
>>1162044
Thanks I'll have a look.
>>
>>1162048
I worked as a white collar in the mining industry for 5 years, diesel engines were the game. From what I saw everything will be automated with in a few years.
Skills were being taken out of the equation, the new training system was creating human input devices for the automated engine repair system. I can see the eyes and hands being replaced with sensors and robotics VERY soon.

Just my opinion but I would use your grassroots mechanical knowledge and do engineering at uni.. ++if you want to work with robotics... I'd say the new mechanic is a robot overlord / repairer..
Entry to uni is easy as fuck with education being 1 of 2 industries the government sees can immediately expand. It's just a business, sign the HECS form and you're in.

Don't worry about money or your mechanic friends making more than you, don't be tempted by the overtime and seemingly high wage they tout, it is a waste of life, if you are half intelligent you can spend that time learning about investing which is way more valuable than extra beer money.

Use every single welfare dollar you can get. You began paying back any of it you could potentially use the second you were born.

Use your qaulification to work part time if you can.
>>
Is there a single economy on the planet that isn't being fucked by politicians catering to Chinese investors and immigrants
>>
>>1162063
I planned on finishing my certificate (heavy duty diesel) in Commercial and then getting my Mobile Plant at the same time, then shortly after going to get an air-con ticket and a more advanced hydraulics course. Do you know much about engineering or robotics for uni? Such as what i should do now to prepare for it (i.e study maths, look at the advances happening in robotics now) and what do you think of the current mining industry? i reckon it'll slowly degrade but uranium mines will grow larger, i've been looking into some of the uranium mines in the NT and WA and they seem to have the potential of staying open for years, except if the greens get their way, fucking greens
>>
>>1162071
Go to your local Uni website and have a look at the course breakdowns. There will always be mines exporting minerals, there won't be another Chinese construction boom.
>>
>>1162076
Thanks mate, good luck with moving and uni
>>
>>1161927
What field are you trying to be employed in? Northeastern, RPI, and SFSU are bretty good options , with RPI and Northeastern being slightly better
>>
YEAH NAH WE'RE FULL CUNT
>>
>>1162088
I'm studying international business with minor in memetrepreneurship. A.I security and consulting is my business.
>>
I'd like to meet contacts for a.i in the US. I guess there's San Fran..
>>
>>1162078
Hey just one more thing. My diesel tech mates are reaching 24,5,6...30 and are all looking to go back to education. Rio, BHP and the likes are requiring advance tertiary qualifications for supervision, super nintendo like jobs now. So maybe keep that in mind and try to prepare the best you can for your next step while you're in the workshop...if you're want to stay in the mining game. Do you live local or do you plan on going FIFO? Some locations in QLD are being made to employ locally, no fifo, due to the local housing collapse. With the investment in Karratha and Hedland in recent years, there will have to be similar measures put in place to work back those funds..
>>
>>1162216
One of the older fellas at work has gone and gotten a diploma or an engineering degree iirc so i'll ask him some questions about that and try to suss out what's best for me. Of the mines i was looking into for WA i'd be FIFO but for the NT one it'd be possible just to bus there and back after my working weeks, i'm not looking too hard at anything just yet as it could all change depending on political and local circumstances. Mostly looking to improve my skills to a point where i'm valuable, useful and worth a decent amount
>>
>>1162208
Austin's pretty cool for tech. A little less expensive than san fran, but both are real expensive COL tho. Kinda close to Baylor, depends how often you mean to visit.
>>
Aus schools are as good/better than US schools. They're also cheaper. It would be smarter for you to get a degree in Aus and then get a job in the US after graduating.
>>
>>1162225
You know what you're up to bloke. See what old mate is up to and remember times are changing increasingly fast. Good luck.
>>
>>1162277
Thanks mate. I've only heard good things about Austin. Do you mean the cost of tuition?
>>
>>1162310
It's good to hear Australian unis are world class. I feel like I get what I put in to the course I'm doing at the moment, the beurocracy is the detrimental element.
Does working hard achieve you any favour in U.S unis? Here you are an i.d on a database. The 'professors' are busy with their own reseach, they take the class just to get paid.
>>
>>1162333
No I meant the cost of living. Dunno whatever your plans are but housing in austin and especially san fran is very expensive just fyi. And once you get here people won't shut up about it.

>>1162337
>Does working hard achieve you any favour in U.S unis?
Ehhhhh I honestly can't say if it's better or not than in oz as I haven't been. Working hard is great in the us job market but our education system is seriously separated from reality. By favours I assume you mean better learning opportunities? There are some schools where that is true, you'll have to look up reviews of each school. But I'm sure any snobby europoor will happily tell you that their country's education blows US the fuck out.
>>
>>1162355
Mm.mmm.. 'We study X economics in X country. X economics!!' I had no idea what this European guy was talking about. A shame because previously I held the upmost respect for his country.

Cost of living, gotcha. In Australia the infrastructure for education is really good, there are 1br apartments for 200$aud a week. Is there similar accomodation over there? I have this Hollywood movie image of a dorm in my head..which can get fucked.
>>
>>1162355
Also.. ah.. I'm pretty /pol/ about Europe right now. Although Ive always been intrigued by old world culture, recent events speak for themselves.
>>
>>1162365
>there are 1br apartments for 200$aud a week
Depends on the school, over here there is no generalization across the country, it's 50 states with different laws so one school might have such a program but most tend to jew you wherever they can. The worst part of US education right now is everyone can get student loans, so the schools inflate the price of everything because students will pay it anyway since they can still get the loans. Now there might be special programs for foreign students, but you'll have to look into that for each school, they all got different programs. Otherwise, many people use off-campus housing and usually get roommates to split rent. I can tell you Waco, TX (Baylor) is much cheaper than Austin, you could probably get a *shitty* 1br for the same price or split a decent 2br or 3br for the same price.

>>1162368
Glad to hear you're /pol/, our education system is also very bluepilled and liberal (and they blame the rich) though I believe you might be used to that from your own country. Ofc we don't have a muslim problem yet, our mexicans aren't nearly as bad at least they're catholic.
>>
*and they blame the rich for unaffordable education even though the schools inflate the price to begin with.
>>
>>1161930
Do not, I repeat DO NOT, go to CSUMB. I'm there right now, it's complete shit. It's basically and SJW school that teaches you nothing.
>>
File: 1458491580209.gif (1 MB, 278x214) Image search: [Google]
1458491580209.gif
1 MB, 278x214
>>1162398
Now that I think about it, western michigan a shit, they call it Wastern cuz you waste all your time drinking
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.