[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
40 Acre Pyramid
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4
File: Renraku_Arcology.png (290 KB, 516x701) Image search: [Google]
Renraku_Arcology.png
290 KB, 516x701
How much would it cost to construct a forty-acre pyramid constructed in modern glass-sided skyscraper fashion?
>>
File: RenrakuArc1.jpg (227 KB, 1024x847) Image search: [Google]
RenrakuArc1.jpg
227 KB, 1024x847
>>1161707
>rough idea of relative size
>>
Hello,

My name is Jim Jones. I thank you for contacting our firm.

I hereby confirm your need for a 40-acre pyramid made out of modern glass in a skyscraper fashion the size of roughly 6 times the tallest building in downtown Seattle.

We carefully examined all details and came to the conclusion of a quote of $1,480,008,000 and 20 cents.

We are looking forward to our partnership.
>>
>>1161710
cheap af OP you should get this BID

1.5 bil for what could be the biggest fucking thing we've ever constructed in human history....

Nigga the panama canal went for more
>>
>>1161708
I have a feeling that thing isn't going to be stable enough.
>>
>>1161707
a pyramid that large would collapse in on itself. That's why they haven't done something like that yet.

There were plans to try and cover a city with a pyramid, but obviously, it never happened.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shimizu_Mega-City_Pyramid
>>
>>1161780
>a pyramid that large would collapse in on itself. That's why they haven't done something like that yet.
Mountains are way bigger than that thing and they don't collapse in on themselves......
>>
>>1161891
Most mountains aren't hollow
>>
>>1161891
Mountains aren't hollow you stupid bastard, get off this fucking board you faggot.
>>
>>1161707
quite a lot. It would be very expensive to power and likely be too heavy to build without destabilizing the ground underneath. Snow and weather may become a major issue. cleaning it would be a fortune.

Another problem to remember is that 40 acres means it will take a lot of time to get from one location to the next and cars wouldn't be possible 250 stories up. Insurance alone would be measured in the billions.
>>
So, the idea is to buy a forty-acre square parcel of land in Eureka County, Nevada (where there are no building codes) for about $10,000, then move a bunch of channers into a tent city there while some of them work with me to build a pyramidial arcology.
>>
>>1161707

I sell glass wholesale for Corning. Tell me why you want a 40 acre pyramid before I tell you how much. Autism isn't a good reason, I need something to work with.
>>
>>1161891
Mountains are so massive they sink into the earth's mantle.
>>
ITT people who don't know how big an acre is. 40 acres is less than .06 of a square mile meaning each side length would be a quarter mile or less than two city blocks. Not only are there existing buildings that are larger there are existing pyramids that are larger. I'm pretty sure the pyramid of giza has a base length of 1000ft or so, so you would only be marginally bigger anyways.
>>
>>1162166
Great Pyramid of Giza only occupies about thirteen acres.
>>
And the big question is Wtf do we put in the box?
>>
>>1161707
You don't want a pyramid from because you don't want unusable floor space that doesn't get natural light from the windows.

That's why taller = better, floor space in the middle of the building disconnected from the natural light is useless.
>>
>>1162527
Thank you mr. Trump, great emperor of all that sees light.
>>
>>1162527

negro were creating a dystopian cyberpunk megacorp here what the fuck do we need natural light for
>>
>>1161780
>>1161922
morons
>>1161904
doesn't matter hollow structures are better at mass to weight bearing properties that is why you don't ride bikes with solid frames.
>>
Okay, so we're building a pyramidial arcology (probably in Nevada) about a quarter-mile on each side with its peak a similar distance above the desert floor. It will contain hundreds of floors with large open spaces inside and tiny habitation cells along the outer edge (each with a nice window to look out over the desert to the distant mountains). Assuming everyone gets a cell of their own to sleep in, this structure should be capable of comfortably housing well over fifty thousand arcolizens; it would be nice to see some larger population numbers in the upper bounds... is a million possible?
>>
File: 12d.jpg (32 KB, 567x561) Image search: [Google]
12d.jpg
32 KB, 567x561
>>1162921
>>
>>1161934
Let's do it. We can use all of our ether bags to carry mud and bricks. It'll be just like the originals.
>>
Eh, it might be possible. You'd probably want to situate it away from any active seismic areas also very close to sources of steel, glass, and raw materials for concrete. Maybe convince canada to sell you some land in its northern territories and build your own self-contained city-state so that the inhospitable weather outside wouldn't matter. You might be able to build factories up there producing raw materials for its construction, and then once it's built you you keep exporting all the untapped natural resources that were previously inacessible because nobody wants to live up there.
>>
>>1162409
>he doesn't understand area to side lengths ratio
It would take up more space but based on the ratio of side lengths it would only appear marginally bigger while taking up 300x the ratio due to the massive increae in volume.
>>
>>1163123
300x the resources*
>>
Alright, so it'll require some careful outside-the-box thinking, like maybe....

>top half is just four really long poles forming the frame for a pyramidial tent of transparent material
>bottom half's interior has inverted pyramidial open space in the center like a mirror-image of the tent above
>bottom half's exterior is windowed with a different apartment behind each pair of windows
>this design realistically provides the equivalent habitability of an entire mile-long street in the heart of a major city with a nice multipurpose terraced interior space with natural light for storefronts and parks and whatnot
>solar and wind provide power
>agricultural terraces inside & out provide food
>no building permit required in chosen county
>>
File: 800px-Luxor_Hotel.jpg (167 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
800px-Luxor_Hotel.jpg
167 KB, 800x600
>>1161707
So 13 times the size of Luxor? Good luck, bro.
>>
4-5 billion not including land costs
>>
>>1163039
>The Great White North would literally be covered in pyramid cities everywhere.
>Canada will finally get the population numbers it deserves

That'd be nuts. Canada sucks
>>
first off...
this sounds completely retarded...
but, I would not build a pyramid..
I would go for a geodesic dome, you can find calculators for them online and figure out how much material you need...

just to finish off...
it`s retarded... and retarded is not good.
>>
>More brainstorming:
>>1164252
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.