[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm starting a sandwich shop, what do I need to know?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: How to work better.jpg (312 KB, 900x1200) Image search: [Google]
How to work better.jpg
312 KB, 900x1200
I'm starting a sandwich shop, what do I need to know?
>>
dont start a sandwich shop
>>
How to be a woman
>>
>>1161582
>I'm starting a sandwich shop,
If you can start a shop don't do this. How could you match 6 buck footlongs?
>>
make pepe memes using pickles
put pepe meme pickles in sandwiches
???
profit
invest profits in pepecoin
>>
>>1161582
Contact local blogs and papers. Bullshit about how you love the area and want to do what you can for the community. Have a photography student take actual photos of your shop and shit.
Steal shit off this menu: http://mudgiesdeli.com
Depending on the area, work out deals with either high school pep clubs, or organizations on meetup.com to get word out.
>>
>>1161609
What about... 5 dollar footlongs?
>>
>>1161609
>How could you match 6 buck footlongs?

Yes, how can delis possibly compete? I mean, they've totally vanished in the last 10 years.
Oh wait, no they fucking haven't.
>>
How tu suck dicks.
>>
>>1161666
five
five. dollar
five dollar foot looong
>>
>>1161609
it takes like 10c to make a footlong if you buy the ingredients in bulk, youd still make a mad profit if you sold em for 4 dude
>>
>>1161582
You need to know if I want fries with that
>>
>>1161666
SHOO SHOO, BACK TO GEORGIA WITH YOU
>>
>>1161605
I'd second this. Never invest in food or beverage, meng
>>
banh mi is best sandwich
>>
>>1164543
objectively this
>>
>>1161609
make it actually good and not diarrhea subway flavor
>>
>>1161582
You'll need a bit of dough to start up and its not always easy to make both ends meat, but I think you'll find it a fulfilling venture
>>
File: 1458638103389.png (1 MB, 1136x958) Image search: [Google]
1458638103389.png
1 MB, 1136x958
>>1164638
>>
Location, location, location. Don't use shit ingredients and manage your portion. Good luck anon!
>>
>>1164543
These actually have a really high profit ratio. I have a banh mi shop down the street from my house where it's 3.50 for a sandwich that a somebody could sell to a hipster for 5 bucks.
>>
>>1164543
I'm working at a Thai restaurant and there are people who come in and ask for banh mi!? No we don't have that, it's Vietnamese and this is a Thai restaurant motherfucker, what's so special about those overpriced subs
>>
>>1161582
You need regulars.
You need a consistant product, ie your sandwiches need to taste the same, look the same, and be of the same quality every time some fucker buys it. This doesn't mean you can't change your menu, this means every "tuna and avacardo" you sell needs to be virtually indestinguisable from the one before.
You need a good location
You need to appear clean
You need either good service or to minimise service.
You need a good relationship with your suppliers, they will bail you out of the shit sometimes, but you need to beable to rely on them not to give you shit product.
You need some capital
You need a good read on the demographic of your location, So many of these places fail because they try some super hipster new wave shit in hicksvill.
You need a pet dog, cause its easier if your not friends with your employees
>>
bread
then meat
then bread again
>>
>>1165039
>You need a consistant product, ie your sandwiches need to taste the same, look the same, and be of the same quality every time some fucker buys it. This doesn't mean you can't change your menu, this means every "tuna and avacardo" you sell needs to be virtually indestinguisable from the one before.

^This. Nothing kills my impression of a food place faster than when the food is inconsistent. I hate loving the food somewhere then coming back later, ordering the same thing, and it's meh or even bad this time around. I'd rather it be consistently meh rather than inconsistent and sometimes awesome.

On a related note, many small shops seemingly try to save money by buying whatever fries they can get most inexpensively, but this results in different fries every time and is annoying to the customer base. At least this is the only explanation I can think of for why some small food shops seem to have completely different fries every time I go there (which just results in me no longer ordering fries as I have no idea what I'm going to get).
>>
>>1161582
You need to have a plan for getting your cult started

http://www.chattanoogan.com/2006/6/1/86834/I-Escaped-From-The-Yellow-Deli.aspx
>>
>>1165061
Sometimes it's their store they go to that have sales or runs out of a certain brand, other times it's their supplier trying to sell them different shit/picked out the wrong crap cause they're a hurry, they're just being cheap or cutting up their own.
>>
Make some artisan hipster bullshit with fancy French bread and ciabatta. offer sides of fancy chesses and fig jam. Go for a French Provençal theme, or anything European really, millennials love farm to table and French country shit.
Here’s an example sandwich,
French bread (baguette)
Figs or fig spread
Prosciutto or jamon serrano
Manchengo cheese
Arugula

Serve drinks in mason jars btw and put specials on cute little chalk boards.
Name the place “Le Sandwich”
>>
>>1165095
how do i start a cult senpai ?
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.