[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who /frat/ here?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5
File: footer.png (87 KB, 499x281) Image search: [Google]
footer.png
87 KB, 499x281
Has being Greek done you any favors in the professional world? Some of the world's most successful people were in fraternities.
>>
>>1161352

>2016 anno domini
>having your parents buy you friends because you're such an uninteresting faggot

Frats are for east coast and south eastern wasps to allow their children to inbreed and preserve the old money now fuck off
>>
>>1161355
Gr8 banter m8 I r8 8/8
>>
>>1161352
I'm only a freshman but I've yet to see how much it will pay off. My fraternity is known int he school and in the nation for creating leaders (5 presidents of come out of the fraternity)

>>1161355
This guy is sort of right though, I do go to an 'elite' east coast school and I'd say it's the best option. mis-Characterizing the entire thing though, first of all they have to like you before they give you a bid, and personally I have a huge and diverse group of friends. Being in a frat isn't something I 'need' to do but it certainly won't hurt in the long run.
>>
>>1161352
It helped me a bit. Got some great connections out of it. If you're unemployed, go to alumni day or homecoming as an alum. I've gotten a few brothers interviews with my company, and I've gotten several offers to try and poach me. It's like having a smaller, more aggressive alumni network that feels obligated to help you.

Also beer and easy girls.
>>
>>1161391
DKE?
I go to a public university in the NE, you have your frat stars, but everyone comes from a different background and typically comes from a middle class or blue collar background.
>>
>>1161352
I got a snap bid for a frat I won't specify other than it's considered the "elite" for my school.

I denied it.

There's a lot of clout with fraternities and my current employer. They do not accept anyone who claims to be affiliated with any type of greek club.
I'm making nearly 3 times what a typical graduate of my program makes right out of college and im 24 years old.

my point being: not every decent employer looks fondly at frat bro's. in this position, it was in my best interest to deny my bid.

nothing against these guys, they were just normal people. But in the situation of making $50k a year and $163k a year, it was in my best interest to not join at the risk of being blackballed (and I am) from any frat parties.
I also got the shit kicked out of me in a stairwell for leaking a frat secret, that was definitely deserved.
>>
File: MIT.jpg (242 KB, 1200x700) Image search: [Google]
MIT.jpg
242 KB, 1200x700
Nope, what helped me out in the professional world is having MIT on my resume. Enjoy your shitty state school, faggot.
>>
>>1161407
Could've taken the bid and just left it off of your résumé for that job. Glad to hear it all panned out for you, though.
>>
File: LOE_Logo.jpg (28 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
LOE_Logo.jpg
28 KB, 500x500
>pledge Delta Tau Delta
>have fun in college
>go to shitty law school
>land job at top law firm with a couple Delts as partners
>highest starting salary in my graduating class
>>
>>1161391
>5 presidents of come out of the fraternity
>of come out of

Not gonna make it.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2454x1624) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2454x1624
You're cute, kids. Pro-tip: the ones that matter in college are called eating clubs. The ones that matter after college you already know. Yours? Not so much.
>>
>>1161352
I don't need any stupid favours from a bunch of Chads. My degree from a top university speaks for itself.
>>
>>1161355
>Literally not understanding networks
>>
>>1161507
>>>>>>>>>>>>>lol
>implying every cunt, their mother, and their dead hamster out there doesn't have that
>>
The worst kind of nepotism imo
>>
>>1161437
>TCFP
>???
>Do coke with brother Paul Ryan
>this ryan h ?
>>
>>1161355
this is what people who don't have friends say about people who have lots of friends. It's funny.
>>
>>1161611
>frats
>friends
>>
>>1161355
You rush fraternities with your friends from highschool though.
>>
I have never in my life met a member of Greek life who had anything to offer, at all. Not connections, not even to function as a good employee.

When I start hiring employees, anyone who lists a greek organization (professional fraternities are a different story) in their "hobbies" or "experience" will probably just get their resume trashed unless they are truly exceptional.
>>
>>1161407
>I also got the shit kicked out of me in a stairwell for leaking a frat secret, that was definitely deserved.
Top kek, what was the secret?
>>
>>1161637
He sucked off his big to get a bid.
>>
>>1161402
Yep DKE

>>1161498
Drunk and high when I wrote that man
>>
>Every frat guy I ever met was a massive tool, except the not really fraternities (Christian ones, Farmer frats etc)
>But they all got guaranteed jobs through friends' daddy's connections

I guess if your parents want to shell out that much cash for you to hang out with ass clowns you deserve to get something out of it.
>>
>>1161697
>i didn't get a bid so I'm a bitter faggot
>>
>>1161499

Is it worth joining a masonic lodge for the connections? I'm relocating soon to one of the wealthiest communities in my state, and I'm also working on getting started in a new career. I'm looking for any networking opportunities that would be worth the time invested.
>>
>>1161352
My school doesn't have real frats. I'm bitter as fuck; I wanted to try to get into SAE or Sigma Chi
>>
>>1161352
In the Netherlands we have something like this, I didn't join it because I want to get top tier grades. So far it's working out well. Did I do good?
>>
>>1161829
Frat kids always help each other cheat, so it would have been in your advantage to join one.
>>
Yea helps with networking. You are often able to advance past the initial building rapport stage and build better social connections alot faster. That being said you have to be smart about it. Don't scream out you were in a frat because alot of times people have had negative experiences with it whether it was a couple drunk guys or maybe they were denied a bid to join. In my own experience we cut pledge from the roster after a couple weeks of work. He going to probably be a pissed at the idea of a fraternity for the rest of his life.

Ive personally made business connections through my fraternity that easily paid for my fees invested.
>>
>>1162105
Why'd you cut him?
>>
>>1161407

This sounds fake and gay
>>
>>1161437

This sounds like it
>>
>>1161352

I'd say greek life has more pros than cons although there are cons. Most of the people in greek life won't swing their dick out and act like it because they realize as long as you don't come off as a weird fuck that you'll pretty much find a bid somewhere.
>>
Its a circlejerk
You're jerking with a lot of spoiled guys with rich dads

Of course it'll be a boost
>>
File: CofA_of_Alpha_Epsilon_Pi.gif (66 KB, 215x298) Image search: [Google]
CofA_of_Alpha_Epsilon_Pi.gif
66 KB, 215x298
>jewish frat

Shanah Tovah faggots. Jewish frat checking in. jokes on them I'm not Jewish. Still gonna network this.
>>
>>1161846
We had 2 frat guys in my degree program. They both dropped out already.
>>
It's really a hit or miss. I go to a large state school (in Texas) and the majority of fraternities are full of dipshits who are just trying to party, which is fine. However, the few upper tier ones(like the one I'm in) have a lot of networking opportunities because a lot of the alums are incredibly successful. Plus having the leadership skills on my resume have helped and I've been knee deep in muff most of college. Basically if you get aligned with the right one it can be a huge benefit but being in a bad one can be a real drag
>>
>>1161352
was in KDR in undergrad.
>shittiest nationals and national reputation

10/10 would do again my chapter didnt give a fuck and were one of the cool chapter. every other school i visited that happened to have a kdr chapter was fucking gay as hell
>>
>>1162816
forgot to elaborate, frat life didnt do shit for me in the professional world other than me being able to say i was scholarship chair and raised our chapter gpa from 20th to 8th. other than that, shit didnt get me anywhere. still dont regret it, i had a lot of fun
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.