[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What makes Elon Musk able to work 80 to 100 hours every week?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
What makes Elon Musk able to work 80 to 100 hours every week?

He's done it since he had nothing, and is still doing it to this day.
>>
He doesn't. It's all hype. Same thing with Bill Gates who claims he never took a day off.

He considers his entire day work, meaning every hour is prioritized with constructive activity.
>>
>>1161334
its a complete meme. hes actually just a NEET rotter like the rest of us
>>
File: image.jpg (58 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
58 KB, 640x640
I hate this meme of ridiculously humble hard working billionaires. All the millionaires I know can't wait to sit on their ass and do nothing. Also the billionaires that my boss knows tell me they either do nothing all day or work on pet projects which can't be considered "work". this is all a ploy to get regular people to think highly of them
>>
>>1161334
Probably works in more of a "flow state" than most people.

Think of a time where you were playing a game or working on something and time passed unnoticed.

It's a lot easier to put in massive hours when you're more engaged than stressed.
>>
>>1161334
When I still had my passion for my work, I'd work all my waking hours too programming vidyagames. If you absolutely love your work as if it's a hobby, it's not only possible, but you want to do it.

Whether he has that same passion or it's something else driving him, I don't know.
>>
>>1161334
Literally autism.
>>
Elon Musk is the company, when investors are buying TSLA, they're really just buying the hype that is Elon Musk. So that means that when he reads a book or newspaper, he's working.
>>
Most management types have a very loose definition of "work." In and of itself, whatever. Where it all goes south is when they turn around and call everybody else lazy.
>>
I know one billionaire who is always wheeling and dealing. Sends emails at odd hours. Yes, plenty of hobbies like banging whores but he probably sends work emails during the act.
>>
>>1161334
It's the nature of scams.
Once you got one going it only takes few minutes to keep it running but you got to check on it once and hour for 12 hours.
>>
>>1161658
this, literally, not even memeing

wish I was a genius austist
>>
Some of the people ITT got it.

When someone says "working" they usually think of someone diligently busting their ass completing a task for pay. So when these guys claim to be working 100 hours a week people think they're drilling themselves hard like badasses.
In reality a lot of that time spent "working" is meeting with clients and having drinks, having hour long business lunches, sitting around in their office talking about golf. They even consider traveling to a destination to be work. Its just being really loose with the term, its a bragging thing and an easy way to explain their wealth. "I'm richer than you because I worked three times as hard, thats why."

The guy that draws the One Piece manga claims to work 80+ hour weeks but everyone knows its bullshit because he has a small army of assistants.
>>
File: schedule.jpg (174 KB, 866x733) Image search: [Google]
schedule.jpg
174 KB, 866x733
>>1161852
>The guy that draws the One Piece manga claims to work 80+ hour weeks but everyone knows its bullshit because he has a small army of assistants.
Manga artists actually have pretty harsh schedules, even if they have assistants.

It's even worse if they do it solo, Berserk's artist came close to literally working himself to death.
>>
Look at Donald Trump and read Art of the Deal for a good look into this mindset. Look at Trump, a Billionaire that could coast through life and have anything he wanted and do nothing. Instead he's flying from state to state to state giving hour long rallys and letting his family get slandered and taking all kinds of abuse. Why? Because he loves making deals. That's how he gets his kicks.

Sure some of you guys think "hurr answering emails and making phone calls isn't work" but who really wants to send an email out at 3 a.m., or spend all day on the phone talking to people trying to knife you in the back or get a one up on you that you really hate.

Anyone who worked I high level salary job knows the feeling, going on vacation and spending a couple hours a day sitting on the porch answering emails. Imagine this x10, every day of the week. It really ins't easy and would have to be something you enjoy doing.

Sure it isn't as taxing as crunching numbers for 8 hours but its still a lifestyle 99% of men wouldn't be able to handle. You have to be programmed for it.
>>
>>1161882
I guess the point is work may be hell, but once you leave the office for the most part you still have half a day to recharge and not think about work, and your holidays, vacation, weekends, ect. Imagine working all day, then going home and getting balled back into the office for the rest of the day. Every day. It would probably be hell if it's not what you willingly choose to do.
>>
>>1161334
If a shark stops swimming it'll die.
>>
>>1161900
how do they sleep though

do sharks not have to sleep?
>>
>>1161866
Absolutely, they do work hard.
But Ota's editors went a little nuts with the story after he got sick once.
>>
>>1161357
>they either do nothing all day or work on pet projects which can't be considered "work"
Huh, so I'm basically a billionaire right now. I just need some cash and then I'll be all set!
>>
He smokes crack
>>
>>1161909

They smoke crack.
>>
>>1161357
b-but it's not a meme that Donald Trump only sleeps 5 hours a night because he's such a hard worker, right?
>>
>>1161866
I'm sure he works hard but I flat out don't believe that is true. Repeat days with 1 meal and as little as 2 hours sleep is fine for 1 week but long-term no one is keeping that up. Japanese are notorious for working long hours but also notorious for appearing to work without actually being productive. I would be more likely to believe that there are unreported snack/meals as well as unreported naps in there.

t. someone who has worked plenty with the Japanese including in offices in Japan
>>
>>1162041
Old people don't need that much sleep. Wouldn't surprise me.
>>
>>1161334
It's easy, you just count everything as work
>>
>>1161334
like others said they do stuff semi-actively throughout the day and just consider it all work. it's not work in the traditional sense of actually doing something repeatedly for hours at a time
>>
File: lbMIWzi.jpg (123 KB, 500x727) Image search: [Google]
lbMIWzi.jpg
123 KB, 500x727
Hes a billionaire.

His work consists of talking to people on the phone that do the actual work for him, not welding on a pipeline project for 12 hour days for months straight in Northern BC during the winter.

I can't stand when people say they work so hard and don't get enough sleep. I can understand if its an emergency with a work project, but otherwise, that's your problem buddy, and no I don't envy you.

I know a chef that worked for a billionaire in a cabin for 2 weeks each year processing all the salmon he caught each season. He did exactly what I just said, sat in a cabin and fished.

Its not like you need to work 100 hours a week to be successful. I'd argue you are a much better off if you can achieve shit without routinely busting out 100 hour weeks while destroying your health. Contrary to a constantly perpetuated popular belief, we need fucking sleep.

If you're already a billionaire, you're not working anymore, you're enjoying your hobbies.
>>
>>1162104

There is a difference between a billionaire that has retired and a billionaire that is working.

The CEO of my company is billionaire, but he's flying all over the world constantly, has no time for his family.

That's because he's still in growth mode.

Why the fuck are peasants like you on /biz/ if you understand the different stages of a business.

SpaceX and Tesla still haven't peaked yet when it comes to their development, so they require a hell of a lot of work/management.
>>
I lose all belief in someone's account of their lifestyle as soon as they mention reduced amounts of sleep
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.