[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What methods besides technical analysis do you guys use to pick
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4
File: ta1-amznshortterm.png (16 KB, 450x350) Image search: [Google]
ta1-amznshortterm.png
16 KB, 450x350
What methods besides technical analysis do you guys use to pick your trades??
>>
>>1161266
social indicators
liquidity
>>
File: sia ups.jpg (92 KB, 798x314) Image search: [Google]
sia ups.jpg
92 KB, 798x314
>>1161266
>hype

>trends

>charts

>tech

>gut

>kek

>Tay
>>
>>1161266
Adaptive markets render all TA inapplicable bullshit.
>>
>>1161284
so what do you do instead?
>>
>>1161266
I wait for proven safe companies with dividend payments & products I can verify hit their yearly lows. Then I research all negative news on them & buy if I think it's just a temporary thing & I can make 10%+ back in a year along with dividend payments.

I have no dreams of day trading, I treat stocks like a more better savings account.
>>
>>1161266
for me it's basically:
analysis
news
my own research
repeat

I also cherry pick the kind of market I'm trading in based on the history,volatility, current trend etc

(day trader atm)
>>
>>1161284
Says the raging dumbass.
>>
>>1161880
haha yep
if u read about adaptive market theory it even contradicts what that guy said
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adaptive_market_hypothesis
>>
>using pseudo science
>top lels
>>
Fundamental analysis nigga
>>
>>1161840 how's day trading going?
>>
>implying you can out compete computer algorithms or insane levels of number crunching statistical analysis using technical analysis
OP how about you beat stockfish first?
Fundamental analysis or gtfo
>>
File: image.png (810 KB, 1334x750) Image search: [Google]
image.png
810 KB, 1334x750
>>
>>1162228
>9 open shorts on the same ETF
>>
>>1162213
>implying it's a competition
>implying computers can't do fundamental analysis
>>
>>1161266
I like voodoo magic. Works about as well.
>>
itt: the 95% who failed as day traders and sucked at t.a. who cant come to terms with the idea that they plain sucked. like the shill above me. lol
>>
>>1162144
>>1162144
desu I'm kinda new to this
made 300 into 2500 eur in a 1 week vacation watching everything non-stop behind my screen

after the vacation I continued on my shitty mobile phone and lost it all on 1 insanely risky and stupid trade

right now I'm even more obsessed with this stuff
started with 300 eur and made it into 500 eur 2 days ago

I will have a vacation soon
I hope I can continue to improve myself and learn more as I keep going, but it might turn into addictive gambling.
right now I'm reading about economy, news etc 24/7 but I might just lose everything again

I'm trying to take less trades and cherry pick better

I was also influenced by other people before I made that stupid trade, so now I focus more on not getting influenced by other people and just using my own strategy

I also need to put less money on 1 single trade :D.
>>
>>1162822
I don't know how that "desu" got there lol
>>
>>1161266
CANSLIM. You're welcome.
>>
>>1161266
hot stock and cyrptocoin tips on /biz/
>>
File: burnspermalol.gif (2 MB, 176x144) Image search: [Google]
burnspermalol.gif
2 MB, 176x144
>>1162650
>muh pseudo science for dummies

Tell any mathematician or physicist about your "technical" analysis and they will laugh in your face.
>>
>>1162960
not really
these isn't some scientific magic way to tell how the market will behave
one famous quote said:
"The Market Can Remain Irrational Longer Than You Can Remain Solvent"

Technical analysis should be seen as an indication yes, not as some magic proof that you will make profit

But it is something you need to keep in mind while trading or else you're just stupid
Most bots that firms use only use TA and nothing more.
They can't understand fucking news.
more than 90% of the market is just automated fucking bots

imo fundamental analysis is the way to go, but you need to be able to guess how the crowd will react
and if you're only focussing on fundamental analysis, just think about that quote
>>
>>1162981
I'm just saying, shit like the "fib retracement" is objectively and factually useless. Might as well pick the levels randomly, as long as you do the same risk management the return will be the same.

Other strategies like complicated setups of averages don't give out any information that cannot be glanced at from a simples chart, if you know what you're doing. i.e. If those indicators are useful to someone, that someone would be better off studying actual math and statistics (which are good and useful for ever and for many things) instead of wasting their time learning arbitrary pseudo-scientific systems good only for this task.

tl;dr
Math & Statistics > "technical" analysis
>>
>>1162995
And yes, they will laugh.

I'm finishing physics and kek every time anyone swears by theirs fibs.
>>
>>1163003
Fibs and MACDs are all horseshit, but price structures in conjunction with volume is a sound form of analysis.
It is more of an art than a science, however, but there are no absolutes in the market.
>>
I use a network of artificial neurons to manage a basket of securities.
>>
>>1161266
just ranges on dailies
>>
>>1162995
>Other strategies like complicated setups of averages don't give out any information that cannot be glanced at from a simples chart, if you know what you're doing
those glances aren't accurate because we are humans

even though it is just speculation
as a decent trader
if you know how you actually trade and choose your entry points
you can just implement indicators to do the same thing for you
without your bias and miscalculations
it's like automating your strategy a little bit
no one only does fundamental analysis and then just buys something randomly without thinking about what a decent entry would be
>>
>>1162822
So many questions:
>What indicators did you use
>You watched everything? Like what?
>Where did you learn to do this?
>What market are you trading
>>
>>1161266

I invest in the darkest memes.

That's why I'm all in on TRUMPcoin and PEPE coin.
>>
I'm confused, when people talk shit about technical analysis, do they mean things like trend lines or also stuff like moving averages, stochastics, etc?
>>
>>1162995
so you're saying Fibonacci is not a real thing?
>>
>>1162995
>I'm just saying, shit like the "fib retracement" is objectively and factually useless.
You don't understand trading.

Trading prices are made by humans. Humans believe in "safety in numbers". Like if your boss calls and says, "Hey anon, it's stopped snowing. Can you come in to work?" And you say, "Is anyone else coming in?" and Boss says "no". and you say, "Well I'm not coming in unless everyone else is...."

People want to be told what to do and thousands of traders have already been taught to use Fib numbers. Do you want to stand in the way of thousands of people trading the exact same way? I sure as hell don't.

TA is for winners. FA can be as well. FA tells you what could happen and TA tells you the day it starts.
>>
>>1163796
>>What indicators did you use
only 2 weighted EMA's, but now I use more stuff
weighted EMA(200)... don't know how useful that is though lol
RSI(14), macd/osma (12,26,9), weighted EMA(20), exponential bollinger bands(2,20), exponential EMA(2) to use alongside candlesticks (I would prefer heiken-ashi but my broker doesn't support that, they also don't give me any info about volume.)

>>You watched everything? Like what?
I just didn't leave my pc and kept watching the price and related news?

>>Where did you learn to do this?
on my own? / internet

>>What market are you trading
I got most of my profits from shorting brent-oil while it wasn't trending up or down, but was just like a sine wave
The news kept saying that oil was gonna go up etc. and the average was going upwards very slowly, bottoms and tops getting a little higher slowly so I eventually stopped trading brent-oil because I got scared and 2~ days later it jumped from 38~? to like 40~41

Right now I really like the "iPath S&P 500 VIX" ETF
I hate forex because there is no volatility
I don't exactly know how options work so I skipped that

I like commodities as you could see

I like markets that behave like a sine wave and have a decent amount of volatility

I would like to trade using interactive brokers, but I'm not 21 yet so I have to deal with plus500 for the time being
>>
>>1163931
right now I'm just experimenting though
>>
>>1163931
>I don't exactly know how options work so I skipped that

There's a real incentive to trade options if you have already found success trading shares. When you make 10% on a day trade, an options trader is making 200% somewhere else
>>
>>1163931
Also, how are you using EMAs? Crossovers or resistance/support markers?
>>
>>1163947
Thanks I will look into it

>Also, how are you using EMAs? Crossovers or resistance/support markers?

-resistance/support markers?
NO :D

crossovers.. yes, but it isn't a strong signal for me, it could change very fast
my weighted EMA(20) shows me what the trend is like a little bit

I also check my macd/osma and EMA's and just everythign else really... on every time frame from 1week to 15min
sometimes even 5~1 min time frames but not often

>Also, how are you using EMAs? Crossovers
you could say I do use EMA's for crossovers though, but I use macd/osma for that... and that consists of EMA's I guess lol
on my macd the strongest signal imo is when something crosses the zero line or is going to, on multiple time frames
I usually watch the 15min chart when I have already chosen the thing I'm gonna trade
>>
>>1161266
Without revealing too much my picks correlate with big movie releases.
>>
>>1162960
No they won't loser.
>>
>>1162826
Newest fag
>>
Technical analysis = bullshit
fucking retards that actually believe that it works... go do some real analysis if you want to earn money
>>
>>1164172
even if your fundamental analysis is right when the crowd doesn't get it you still lose mate
it's just an example though
I still of agree with you 50%
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.