[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
biz films
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
File: wallstreet-560x330.jpg (191 KB, 560x330) Image search: [Google]
wallstreet-560x330.jpg
191 KB, 560x330
The Big Short
Wolf of Wallstreet
Enron: Smartest guys in the room
Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps
>>
Boiler Room
>>
the original wall street is good too
>>
>>1160994
Princes of the Yen (highly recommended)
The Wall Street Code
China or Bust
Money and Speed: Inside the Black Box (highly recommended)
Quants: The Alchemists of Wall Street (highly recommended)
>>
Margin Call and There Will Be Blood are both great business movies.

In a much more vague way, Social Network, Steve Jobs, The Aviator*, and American Gangster are all business related and all good movies.

Jiro Dreams of Sushi* and PBS American Experience: Silicon Valley are both good documentaries about business.

Money for Nothing is a decent documentary that is more economics than business, but still useful information.

How We Got To Now* is a good pbs series that offers perspective on how progress and innovations are made, with some business information sprinkled in.

It's too bad that Money Never Sleeps was shallow and all around not a very good movie. It probably would have been pretty good if they didn't hire hacks to write the story.

*= On Netfilx
>>
Anyone here like Mad Men? its not a film but its still got some good /biz/ in it.
>>
>>1160996
This. Whoever wrote this movie lived it.
>>
>>1161114
>Money for Nothing is a decent documentary that is more economics than business, but still useful information.
I've become really interested in econ recently, any films or doco's that are easily digested in my relaxation time would be great.
>>
>>1160994
also Margin Call

Barbarians at the Gate and Rogue Trader (both of which are free on youtube)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPhF_YwWvoM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwGFkESExyo
>>
>>1161017
the original Wall Street is much better... Money Never Sleeps was garbage
>>
Has anyone here seen The Corporation?
>>
>>1161222
Well made, though it has a very 'corporationz r ebil!!!1!1!' undertone
>>
The social network
>>
>>1161216
THIS. Way to fuck up OP. The only thing wrong with 87 Wall Street is that it expects you to find Daryl Hannah attractive
>>
>>1160994
nightcrawler
there will be blood
>>
>>1161383
>THIS. Way to fuck up OP. The only thing wrong with 87 Wall Street is that it expects you to find Daryl Hannah attractive

>Implying she isn't
>>
File: IMG_00047585.png (431 KB, 1024x600) Image search: [Google]
IMG_00047585.png
431 KB, 1024x600
>>1161314
Thanx, I had that suspicion.
Gonna watch has it anyway.
Ironically, any movie with distribution, and it's website, uses corporations, so does getting any message out, so it's a bit cynical to talk about corporations as this big evil thing.
>>
>>1160994

Big Short made me more angry than Wolf of Wall Street and I don't know why since it feels like the guys in Wolf were way more fucking slimey and dishonest than anyone in Big Short. Maybe for the sheer fucking amount of collateral damage The Big Short caused.

I'm watching Enron:SGITR now and I might die in real life.
>>
>>1160994
Don't die bump

There are some good suggestions in here.
>>
Haven't seen the Big Short but Inside Job is good for just making you angry about the whole situation.

Also the social network is good.
>>
>>1160994
Schindlers List
Limitless
Moneyball
Trading Places
Chef
>>
>>1163070
almost forgot...
Straight out of Compton
>>
>>1160994
>How do we short the student loan bubble??

Its upon us, millenias are Phd sandwich artists or pizza delivery. private university are able to streamline govt to student to uni payments and with untold amounts. Post secondary edu i think is actually quite a scam and more and more keep buying into this almost antiquated notion that a uni will give you prosperity.

I've learned more on the job in past 2 years than half the bullshit homework assignments I did and am able to study things that interst me now ten fold than when I am coerced for this grade.

So, without further ado from proving my point, where does one put his money to hedge or bet against, rather, the masses gravitating towards student-debt-slavedom? The time is nigh, it is upon us.
>>
>>1163175
Are you replying to the right thread?
>>
>>1163190
Ya, Applying the scenario that took place in The Big Short which is what the premise is is in the title to currently what is happening right now...populace taking on student loans, lenders lending to all these high risk actors and the debt wall building. When does it crumble? When does the economy feel the wrath of the dubious mantra "evryone needs a college degree" and how its akin to "everyon needs a home" from the Clinton Administration?
>>
American Psycho.
>>
File: 007_logo.png (7 KB, 344x107) Image search: [Google]
007_logo.png
7 KB, 344x107
>>1160994
pic related...
>>
Margin call?

>>1160996
this is a top tier answer
>>
>>1160994
Scarface
>>
>>1160994

Schindler's List
>>
>>1163479
Mind saying why?
>>
>>1163889
its like a motivation thread in the form of a series of movies...
>exotic travel
>fancy venues
>fancy cars
>hot women
>classy music
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.