[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You know what sucks about my life? I was playing games on youtube
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1
File: peepie.jpg (221 KB, 800x1066) Image search: [Google]
peepie.jpg
221 KB, 800x1066
You know what sucks about my life?
I was playing games on youtube in 2007 for no money before
<--- this idiot came along.
I got banned for copyright infringement and then this guy comes along and can play games on youtube for profit AND NOT GET BANNED. When will I get my break.
>>
Now his business has grown to making games and stupid paid web series and is most likely earning 10 million a year jerking off on youtube.
>>
>>1160779
git gud
>>
>>1160813
>git gud
or get lucky.
>>
Its because he's attractive

You were probably some fat neckbeard wheezing into the camera. You can only run with that angle if you purposely make yourself more disgusting for laughs (boogie).
>>
>>1160777
try r9k
>>
>>1160779
>10 million

Not even close.

He makes way way way more than that.
>>
>>1160919

He has to. Needs a nest egg for when Sweden collapses in on itself. He's currently ferreting small bundles of cash out of the country in the rectums of his preteen fans.
>>
>>1160777
I wonder if he actually gives 56% of income to the Swedish government.

He's probably single-handedly supporting tens of thousands of lovely Muslim families.
>>
>>1161107
he moved to Italy with his gf as far as i know,he ended his connection with Sweden long long time ago.
>>
>>1161107
he dosnt even live Sweden
>>
>>1161109

smart guy
>>
>>1161092
Haha... :^)

I wish I could get my bitgold account to work. I don't have a passport/can't get one, my drivers lisence was revoked and my country doesn't yet issue national ID cards... :^( so I can't put more than what... two and a half thousand dollars in there or something... Also worried about collapse of scandinavia/europe...
>>
>>1160777
Yeah, but you weren't hot, were you now.
>>
Honestly now, I am quite attractive, love vidya and memes, have Eastern European accent. Can I make it?
>>
>>1160908
>get lucky
There's no such thing as luck, there was demand for an international let's player - he was the supply, starting in Sweden, moving to Italy and then London, picking up the American audience when he became popular in England.

A person traveling around the world will always be more successful than someone who stays in the same place.
>>
>>1161215
>A person traveling around the world will always be more successful than someone who stays in the same place.

Is that why migrants get to demand millions from social welfare each, while the people who already live in a country get told "fuck you, sell all your belongings and move in with your mom"?
>>
>>1161256
>autism
A person traveling around the world selling a product you dumb fuck will always be more successful than someone who stays in the same place.

You know damn well what I meant.
>>
>>1160777
This is what interests me, and motivates me about him, even though I really don't like him: He earns a shitton of money doing fuckall, because he saw an opportunity and used it correctly. Now he's sitting on a giant pile of cash, more than what some people earn in their lifetime.

Why not become the 'Pewdiepie" of some other market or area? Be in an awesome self-employed position because you used the shit cards you had correctly.
>>
>>1161264
kek
>>
>>1161330
Because you need to have grown up without any adversary, and have no insecurities in expressing your feelings.

Your target audience are 10-14 year olds that control the economy (via their parent's money), so you're gonna have to yell a lot and kinda look good.

Not everyone can do it, it's not about skill, it's about genetics and environment. Pretty top-heavy profession (streaming in general).

Go on twitch, any game, look at the sub 50-viewers streams. Feel the depression as you see people trying to break into the field.
>>
>>1161337

>lamenting over your own insecurities and failures
>chalking up some random man's success as genetics

Kys ffs u fucking cuck my god
>>
theres a group of poker twitchers who do some shady marketing. they win some tournaments, but since they had action taken out of them, they owe people their winnings. then, the people with the winnings give donations to the twitcher, which seem genuine and nothing out of the ordinary, except for that it's usually 10-100x times bigger than the average donation.

this leads to donation chains. they say they make about low 100s a year, but it's probably in the 50k range

been thinking about doing something like that though
>>
>>1161330
>He earns a shitton of money doing fuckall
It actually takes a fair amount of effort to put those videos together. I'm sure Pewdiepie has someone to help with editing now, but most Youtubers are one man shows, and will easily spend 8+ hours a day recording and editing videos. You also have to stay on top of your channel, and keep a regular upload schedule. Some Youtubers will do 2-3 videos every single day, just to maintain enough views to keep them going.
>>
>>1161351
>Everyone is a special snowflake and can make it, you just gotta believe in yourself.

Why aren't you Lil Wayne yet?
>>
>>1161374

Because I'm 6 ft master race and no amount of money from selling 5 palladium ooga booga records to whitey will ever make you grow an inch of height.
>>
>>1161107
I don't know about the taxes but in Sweden everyone's income is publicly available, even people that make 50k a year. The media found out that pewdiepie made $7.5 million USD in 2014 by looking into the public record to see how much his company made. He lives in England now but because he is still a citizen of Sweden he still has to report. http://www.gamespot.com/articles/how-much-money-did-pewdiepie-earn-in-2014/1100-6428640/
>>
>>1161396
Actually, 100k will get you height surgery for legs which will add up to about an inch or two.
>>
You know what actually sucks about life? We can never recover these moments squandered on judging distant celebrities. At least with money lost, you can regain it with interest. But time?
>>
>>1161660
You can't make 7.5 million in interest, can you?
>>
>>1160911
No it's because dumb kids and teens think loud screaming, swears, and crass jokes is funny. Even more so because they know mom and dad would be furious if they knew they watched it.
>>
>>1161200
>have Eastern European accent
>KEK
the only way an eastern european accent can ever be helpful is if you are enforcing money or intimidating fags
>>
>>1160777
Just don't monetize. When you get enough viewers and subscribers Youtube will ask you.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.