[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let me green text my current situation > 25 yo > mechanical
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 8
File: 1451077860748.png (3 KB, 343x543) Image search: [Google]
1451077860748.png
3 KB, 343x543
Let me green text my current situation

> 25 yo
> mechanical engineer
> been depressed for years
> without job but almost 1 year of experience

I'm sick of this situation. I’m from Spain and it’s impossible to find a fucking job here (unemployment rate for young people is almost 50% kek).
I want to leave this fucking country asap. I would like to find a job abroad, and if it’s possible, related with my studies. I’m thinking of going for example to Ireland or UK (or USA why not?) and live in a hostel until I find a suitable job. I know this process can last from some weeks to several months but I don’t care as long as it helps me to put my shit together.
I would like to work in the hostel where I live in exchange for free accommodation until I find a job. Do you think it’s feasible or it’s retarded?

Please help me sharing similar experiences.
>>
File: four.jpg (235 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
four.jpg
235 KB, 1920x1080
Why not start a buisness yourself?
Labour should be sufficiently cheap in a country with such high unemployment.
Spain has virtually no industry. You are an engeneer. Get creative.
>>
>>1160370
Selling yourself into slavery for housing while you look for a job? Bad idea.
>>
File: 1451598858782.png (20 KB, 736x547) Image search: [Google]
1451598858782.png
20 KB, 736x547
>>1160380
I don't have enough money to start a business. And it's not that easy, starting a business is risky aswell
>>
>50% unemployment rate for young adults

How the fuck is that possible? How do people live over there?
>>
File: image_0.jpg (2 MB, 1242x1222) Image search: [Google]
image_0.jpg
2 MB, 1242x1222
>>1160392
Living with your parents
>>
>>1160392
they have no industry, except building but that bubble burst.
Tourism is still making money, obviously
>>
>>1160395
Even so that's still kinda fucked. I reckon that would be a literal crumbling 3rd world country and as far as I know Spain is a decent 1st world European country... Why didn't I receive these news?

>>1160398
Don't they have some incredible Universities there? I've heard software development there is quite booming.
>>
You should go to the Australian Consulate and check out if your qualifications are recognised here.

If they are, Australia is a good place to be. Lots of Spanish here and there are lots of jobs for engineers.

Fuck Europe. Come to the New world down under.
>>
>>1160390
nice excusees you got there
start small, doing anything for money.
Build from there.
>>
You are in the EU you can work and live almost everywhere in Europe as you please.

of course you need to find a job and learn the language but it's much easier than getting into the US.

Uk would be the easiest choice language wise but who knows for how much longer they stay in the EU no idea how hard it would be to get a work visa if they leave
>>
>>1160452
if he doesen't speak the main languge he can forget getting a job in europe.
Why not go to south america where they speak spanish anyway.
Also good chances for an educated worker to find a job
>>
File: nichijou_gondola.jpg (596 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
nichijou_gondola.jpg
596 KB, 1920x1080
By the way, if someone want a servant please let me know. I know how to cook and I know how to do all the house staff. You just have to give me accomodation and food, and nothing else. I follow a frugal lifestyle anyway.
>>
>>1160475
Are you ok with cooking nice food for me while only eating beans and rice yourself?
>>
>>1160463

Aren't italian and French similar to Spanish? He should be able to learn them to a somewhat decent degree he's an engineer not a lawyer I doubt he will need to be a genius at the language.

And as long as the Uk stays in the EU there's also that option
>>
>>1160370
Just work in Latin America and send remittance money home
>>
>>1160485
it's not about whether or not he would be able to do his job with little language skills.
It's about not getting a job at all, because his compeditors are native speakers.
>>
File: hanging_gardens.png (702 KB, 616x383) Image search: [Google]
hanging_gardens.png
702 KB, 616x383
>>1160483
Sure, I don't care
>>
>>1160487
this desu
>>
So what are you going to do op?
>>
>>1161057
I still don't know to be honest, I'm so confused right now
>>
File: comfy_by_the_fire.jpg (419 KB, 2500x1723) Image search: [Google]
comfy_by_the_fire.jpg
419 KB, 2500x1723
>>1160483
btw is the rice and beans offer still up? I can install Gentoo aswell
>>
>>1161158
funtoo > gentoo desu
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.