[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
CEO lifestyle
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: Donald-Trump-How-To-Get-Rich1.jpg (32 KB, 455x679) Image search: [Google]
Donald-Trump-How-To-Get-Rich1.jpg
32 KB, 455x679
Anyone here high up on the corporate ladder?
Is the lifestyle they portray in the movies atleast partially accurate? By that i mean.

>expensive dinners at high class restaurants and hanging with the big wigs in your city
>getting invititations to parties where you snort lines of coke off of top quality strippers and hookers asses
>attractive secretaries that you bang on the printer here and there
>company payed for flights etc

Enlighten a starry eyed lad
>>
I hear being a CEO is one of the most stressful jobs there is.
>>
>>1160193
I have no doubt about that. Running a company is a 24 hour job from what ive heard.
>>
>>1160196
I just pay fags to mange shit for me, they won't fuck up since they themselves don't want to lose money.

Feels
Good
Man
>>
>>1160200
Sorry for bad english I hope my dubs make up for it.
>>
>>1160190
No. That life is rare. I've met my company's CEO as well as the people directly under him. They're constantly traveling and very seldom have downtime. They take nice vacations, but the workload is insane. Less cocaine, more adderal and coffee. I know several higher ups have literally smoked meth to stay up and hit goals. The drug use at this stage is not recreational, it's utilitarian.

The dinners are work events. They suck. I've done them. Everyone you're meeting is a client or investor. The goal is to seem relaxed and casual while dining, but in reality, your wheels are spinning like crazy inside your head. You're playing chess and trying to stay two steps ahead of everything they say. It's mentally exhausting.

You can fuck secretaries, but it's a gamble on whether they start quiet about it. Not worth it IMO. I refuse to fuck anyone I work with. Literally had a co-worker show up at my house drunk, ask to come in, watched her get naked and crawl in my bed. I slept on the couch. It's just not worth the hassle.
>>
>>1160200
>>1160202
What businesses do you run? No threat of competition because I'm in the US and I'm assuming you aren't.
>>
Yes anon. Plenty of CEOs and high-ranking executives come to post on 4chan let alone such a well-reputed board such as this one.
>>
>>1160190
That's not really corporate exec lifestyle as much as its wealthy New York lifestyle. In the northwest the higher up you get the more boring it is. Young salesmen usually live the wildest but even there it's like going out to bars a lot and taking a bunch of girls to their boats.

Fancy dinners are a thing but the people worth having dinner with will invite you to their home or you'll have in yours. Restaurants are strictly for business meetings and old, fat people showing off to random visitors.

What movies get right no matter where you go is how aggressive people are.
>>
>>1160190
While I have no doubt and in some cases had proof of this behaviour, I would rather say it's like:
>expensive dinners at high class restaurants and hanging with other friends, leaders and bootlickers
>getting invititations to dinnerparties where you drink $350 wine on a weekly basis, having discussions only with the closest of your friends
>company payed for flights etc (of course they do, even on low levels of the corporation)
>having the joy the go and see many interesting things around the world. no matter if nature or tech, you will most likely be able to see it if you want.
>>
>>1160190
>go to dinners that are work, prepare to be all the time trying to sell shit and convince people its all cool and you guys totally have everything in contol, try to be buddy buddy without ever becoming real friends. The food isnt even that good at high class restaurants, id rather be at home eating normal homecooked food
>work 12h a day in reality and weekends work from home
>banging a secretary is something everyone will hear about and you will lose respect, afer that everytime you interact with a good looking female it is assumed youre trying to dog around, female directors will not say it but clearly think youre unprofessional, males wonder why are you taking this shit to work, some young ones and people who do it are only ones who get impressed. In the long run a stupid as fuck idea.
>you wont have really freetime at worktrips, youll be most of the time too exhausted to bother to see the city
>living at hotels is in reality really shitty and annoying in the long run
>flying all the time becomes annoying too
>>
The CEO of my company doesn't seem to have much time for himself.
>>
>>1160348
None, he's full of shit.

I can't believe there are idiots who think successful people would post on a board full of teenagers.
>>
>>1160508
Ditto.
My CEO does everything from suck investor dick in Japan to testify in front of congress.

His job looks alot like what I imagine being the President would be like. He always has an entourage ( security and otherwise), all his time seems tightly planned, he is always "on" and so on. No one even knows where he lives.

Personally I think being responsable for the financial well being of hundreds of thousands of people and trillions of dollars would make me fucking crack.
>>
>>1160190
Sadly not. I work as a PMO to the VP of my company. He's constantly travelling and rarely stops. 12 hour days are a minimum. If he's not in a meeting, he's on the phone demanding where something is, why is it late, or sucking dick to his stakeholders. Meals becoming meeting time - the quicker and dirtier the better.

The company will pay for all flights of course. Flying is not as glamorous as it seems - it sucks the soul right out of you and leaves you tired and cranky.

Attractive secretaries and coke? Ha. We all wish.
>>
>>1160498
>In the long run a stupid as fuck idea.
Only stupid if you're fat or ugly
>>
>>1160193

This.

CEO sounds terrible. Look at these people, they look horrible.

Trump is not even 60 and his face, body, and skin look like a sack of potatoes that spent 3 weeks in the desert.
>>
>>1160190
yes but I'm too autistic for that lifestyle
>>
>>1160787
He's almost 70...
>>
File: 1413802532647.jpg (3 MB, 1800x1322) Image search: [Google]
1413802532647.jpg
3 MB, 1800x1322
That's why I think the sweetspot right now is to have some kind of startup that scales quite a bit, this way you can generate lots of money, and don't worry about having to handle 500+ people under you.

I just like the idea of generating 50k/month of personal income with 10-20 people on my team. That sounds ideal.
>>
>>1160227
This is incredibly accurate. Also they would rather be sleeping or eating junk food than partying or doing drugs
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.