[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is anyone else actually getting desperate to become somewhat
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
File: 030405.jpg (261 KB, 1280x833) Image search: [Google]
030405.jpg
261 KB, 1280x833
Is anyone else actually getting desperate to become somewhat wealthy ?

If it where possible, would you sell your youth and a kidney to become rich ?
>>
I know a good number of wealthy people and almost none of them are happy. Most of them seem to stress out all the time about making even more money even though they don't need it.

Sure they get to eat at the fanciest restaurants, but I make a mean NY strip steak on my grill. If you can make like 100K you are good in my opinion. Or, if you are smart enough to make a couple million and get the fuck out of the rat race. But I've never seen it.
>>
>>1159670
No. It's just a silly, meaningless game. Albeit a fun one.

If wealth determines your self-worth you are a pathetic faggot.
>>
It's not complicated to become somewhat wealthy, but it's often a long process. And the bitch of it is that it changes you and not for the better. You have to sacrifice a lot over a long period of time and, at least in my case, it's made me a little bitter and unsatisfied.

Not only that, but you get used to long hours, worrying about money, etc. and it becomes your new lifestyle. It's hard to come back from that, since it's conditioned into you over a long period of time.
>>
I'm 23 now, if someone gave me $100 million to skip to 30, I'd do it. $1 billion for 40.
>>
>>1159670
Having money isn't everything, but not having it is.
>>
>>1160314
It's not like you're going to take any of it with you when you kick off. Enjoy your life, make something of it, money or not. It doesn't matter that much. If you want money, go for it but don't suck Satan's cock for it, please.
>>
>>1159670
My goals in life are
a) Have a good standard of living and be able to buy things I want without saving for years (but I'm talking about TVs, not speedboats)
b) Not have to worry too much about money in general
c) Ensure that anyone who ends up depending on me doesn't have to worry much about money either
d) Accomplish the above with a minimum of work (this doesn't mean I'm lazy, just that I'd rather work a smaller number of hours and have a decent lifestyle than work a huge number of hours for a crazy lifestyle)
>>
>>1160253
Saying you are retarded would be a huge understatement.
>>
>>1160314

>Having money isn't everything

it is
"I have mostly the same problems as a poor man, but when I show up to solve those in a $200000 car and a $5000 suit things go much more smoothly"
>>
If you want to be wealthy and happy read millionaire fastlane by mj demarco.

Essentially he explains how to detach your time from your income. If you're smart enough to make his formula work then you should be.
>>
Health > Time > Peace of Mind > Social contacts > Money
>>
>>1159670
Yes, I make really good money but it isn't cutting it because I have to save most of it and use the rest for bills. I wish I could just get one lump sum of money to work with. I just want expensive cars, damn.
>>
>>1159675
>Most of them seem to stress out all the time about making even more money even though they don't need it.
It's for the IRS, the IRS is an insatiable monster that won't rest until it has all the money from those who deserve it and gives it to those who don't
>>
>>1160721
Speak for yourself.
>>
>would you sell your youth

no way player. you can make more money, you can't make more time
>>
Why is investing so shit? All solid dividend paying stocks and ETFs yield around 5%, and will grow another 5% per year if even.
Do companies expect me to cuck all my life savings for more than one year just to get a 10% return?
>>
>>1159670
Anything more than $1M yearly income after tax is kind of pointless.

Imagine spending $3K a day, you'd run out of ideas.

You might not be able to have a private jet, lol...
>>
>>1160738
Yes
>>
>>1160745
>Investing in S&P500 from 2000 - 2015 yields 40%
>Literally not earning even half of what is invested
>>
>>1160738

Thinking 10% is bad. You sound like a get rich quick child.
>>
>>1160749

compounding dumb fuck
>>
>>1160253
Turns out you die in a car crash at 29. Enjoy your money.
>>
Poor people always preach about how money doesn't bring happiness. They live paycheck to paycheck, stress about bills not being paid on time and how they're going to make ends meet, but they'll still have the audacity to turn around and say that.

Don't take any advice from poor people. They're poor for a reason.

>Grew up in a poorfag household
>>
>>1160820
/thread
>>
>>1160820
This. I'd rather stress over my job any day if it means I can make comfy purchases when I want. My job is kind of shit, but outside of that my only real worry is how much I can save and invest so my kids don't grow up poor like I did
>>
>>1160826
Why the fuck are you even on /biz/ then?
>>
>>1159677
This.

Unfortunately the vast majority of Americans think this way, because its drilled into them from birth.
>>
>>1160896
Rhg is a low effort source of research for stocks
>>
File: Ajahn_Chah_023_w500.jpg (121 KB, 500x345) Image search: [Google]
Ajahn_Chah_023_w500.jpg
121 KB, 500x345
Look at your own mind. The one who carries things thinks he's got things, but the one who looks on sees only the heaviness.
Throw away things, lose them and find lightness.
>>
>>1160253
a set price for life is nothing because time has unlimited potential. Would you sell unlimited opportunity for a mere 100 million and have nothing to prove?

i know you are gonna say yes, but I'm trine make a point tyrone.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.