[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright everyone. Finally setup my Robinhood account and put
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: unnamed.png (26 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.png
26 KB, 300x300
Alright everyone. Finally setup my Robinhood account and put a few hundred into the thing. I'm a young guy looking to throw some money into something secure and that won't fluctuate too much that gives out a dividend so that I can have something for the next few years that I'm invested in. I'm caught up with all the meme stock and have been reading all the recent Robinhood general threads for the past few days and I'm going to have fun with those as well but I mainly want something secure that will provide me some extra cash on the side. What do you have for me /biz/?
>>
>>1159477
This thread
>>1158336
>>
>>1159477
Few hundred?
What are you looking to do with these dividends? Hit the dollar menu?
YOLO that shot. You have the chance to hit the moon. I turned 400 dollars into my first 10k with DDD a few years ago.
Look at the market movers tomorrow at like 10, and pick one with a decent volume(1mil+) and that hasn't leveled off yet. Then you throw a stop loss on that and either make some money or lose some. If you have a stop, it's not like your throwing it on black dude.
Don't be a pussy.
>>
>>1159491
Lot to process. So in the next few days I should be looking for a market mover with seeming potential to hit da moon that has a decent amount of stock and then buy as much as I can, set a stop just in case to be safe and watch it for the best time to pull out. That sounds way too good to be true but I'm definitely going to be looking into it. Thanks for the advice.
>>
You don't have nearly enough to make non negligible extra cash from dividends. 3% annually is a respectable yield. Meaning $300 gets you ~$10 per year.

Disregarding that, you can try PM, WM, PG, MCD for stable stocks with dividends. I own all four and have for years. Not making bank on them, but they do provide a slow, steady steam. Do research and find a good dip to buy and you can actually get some appreciation too.
>>
>>1159535
Sorry, I kind of got off topic.

When I want to make a quick 10-20 percent on a stock, I look at the "% Gainers" on yahoo finance and just on one of those hype trains. 5 or ten minutes of research and looking at the charts/headlines is essential. It works 2/3 of their time.
>>
>>1159540
Hey man thanks, I'll look into that.
>>
>>1159577
I'll take a look, thanks for the advice!
>>
buy ETH
>>
>>1159491
>u won't make any money off a few hundred
>I made 10k off a few hundred
Which one is it?
>>
>>1159803
Dude, did you even read the fucking thing? He gave award-winning advice.

Just make sure you're prepared to have some down days. Shit happens. You'll have up days too if you have good common sense for the market.
>>
>>1159803
he said you wont make shit off dividends with $100s of dollars. You need millions for dividends to pay out that much

he invested long (im guessing) and it payed off for him in one lucky hit or in multiple successful investments
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.