[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts in the higher education bubble? What do I want to invest
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 1458290940009.jpg (540 KB, 800x1131) Image search: [Google]
1458290940009.jpg
540 KB, 800x1131
Thoughts in the higher education bubble? What do I want to invest in to prepare to profit from the burst?
>>
>Thinly veiled populism thread
>cue ad hominem aimed at the educated classes

Mmmmm, right on cue.
>>
>>1158861
No, I'm asking a serious question.
>>
Buy a credit default swap on student loans.
>>
>thoughts
it's not really a bubble and it won't burst.
>profit
invest in smaller institutions who sell access to individual, highly specialized courses rather than "credits"
also invest in agriculture
>>
>>1158857
hngggggggggg
source pls
>>
>>1158893
>Invest in agriculture
I've been hearing this a lot lately. Are you a Taleb fan too?

>>1158857
I think colleges that offer job guarantees or tuition refunds are likely a growth market that will fill some of the void left by Postsecondary collapsing, but I'm not sure if any of those are publically traded.
>>
>>1158893
This is a really long term play.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-03-03/so-you-want-short-student-loan-bubble-now-you-can

https://www.quora.com/Can-I-short-student-loans#!n=12

I hate that I'm posting zero hedge.

Its difficult to find a large pool of these. They haven't been packaged as far as I know. They aren't a large position in anybodies holdings. The big companies are merely service. SLM and NelNet, and Navient. T
Their expense ratios will increase but its not direct.
The biggest pool is the US Gov, but they have obscene recourse and much much bigger problems.

The people who could afford to take private debt, however likely were quite well off.

Because of the Layers of recourse, Its very difficult to value and package these.

So 50k loans 5% for 5 years simple. Cosigned even better . 1041 monthly.
Income based repayment.
Min Payment for 25 years.
210 per month .What the fuck value dat yield.
I signed up for 5 but got 25. gimme gimme
Oh wait they're finally earning money Pump it back to 5.
Ugh they're sick paying me, and they paid if off, after a decade, of paying full price.
but wait there's more
in the event they don't pay the government pays me.
99.99% of bankrupt people don't even apply for student loans with their bankruptcy.

http://www.demos.org/publication/no-recourse-putting-end-bankruptcy%E2%80%99s-student-loan-exception
http://www.consumerfinance.gov/newsroom/student-loan-ombudsman-rohit-chopra-before-the-federal-reserve-bank-of-st-louis/
>>
>>1158857
sauce plz
>>
>>1158877
I dont know where you could even do that, you used to be able to buy CDOs on a Chicago exchange a few years back iirc.
>>
>>1158921
>>1159026
>click arrow next to OP's post number
>hover over "image search"
>hit "iqdb"
>shit bricks
You dumb fucks.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.