[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Gas going back up. Who else here has dumped their life savings
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7
File: Loonie_reverse_view.png (264 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
Loonie_reverse_view.png
264 KB, 400x400
>Gas going back up.

Who else here has dumped their life savings into the Loonie?
>>
File: 3738-te7gv7.gif (1 MB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
3738-te7gv7.gif
1 MB, 200x200
No one, because that's fucking retarded.
>>
>>1158450
better off putting it in canadian oil stocks

check out baytex, when oil was at $100, it was $40 and paid .24 cents a month dividend. Now it's 3.77.

They just need oil to average over $40 to be profitable. There's not going to be much shale being drilled, and shale wells dry up after a couple years. With OPEC meeting in June, it will go up soon enough.
>>
Still hoping PWE will move past 1.15 but its still steady at .90 for now

The real winner is PED at .2
That stock gonna hit 0 soon. Feel bad for whoever holding that sack of coal
>>
Who here /VFV/?
>>
>>1158450
Erm, sort of. I rebalance my portfolio regularly and it never quite got to where I took out a lot of cash since the crash. Once my tax rebate comes through I'll likely be reducing my CAD holdings by a fair amount though.
>>
weed man is currently enacting bank bail in laws
enjoy losing everything op
>>
>>1159027
>>>/pol/

It's not true familiarino.
>>
File: image.png (1 MB, 760x1270) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 760x1270
>be Canadian
>invest in us stocks
>my us stocks go down in value
>account under CAD
>getting cucked by the stock and fx

Just fuck my shit up senpai tachi sensei
>>
>>1159141
Know feel

TFW I bought VFV in tfsa like a goy and now I'm getting cucked by US withholding tax for 15 fucking percent
>>
>>1159091
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-03-22/its-official-canadian-bank-depositors-are-now-risk-bail-ins
>>
>>1159148
>Zerohedge

Literally "the sky is falling": the "news" site
>>
>>1159141
jews did 9/11
>>
>>1159179
so /biz/ did? It was only a joke to short some airline stock

Still glad I dumped a lot of my CAD to ETH when it was low but higher canadian dollar means less crypto gains for me
>>
>>1158450

>implying the far stronger US economy and dollar won't continue to drive the loonie lower as the US embarks on their rate hikes over the next 2 years
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3032x4240) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3032x4240
>>1159147
Isn't VFV listed under TSX? Why do you have to pay taxes on it sempai?
>>
>>1158498
What's a list of good oil stocks to buy into now/soon that will result in great gains once oil prices climb??

TSX & NYSE

Let's get everyone rich in this thread.
>>
>>1159251
I am also interested in this information
>>
>>1159251

>buying oil stocks on the back of a sentiment driven rally in oil from 26 to 40

Jej
>>
>>1159225
>implying PM zoolander won't tank the Canadian dollar to Greece levels all by himself.
>>
>>1159243
Because it has US holdings or some bs.

Idk it's retarded but I can't tell if it's worse or better than otherwise
>>
>>1159091
hello redddit
>>
>>1159276
This, like father like son.

>>1159272
I just put an order in for 30,000 shares of CAZ (TSX).

Riding this bitch too the MOON!
>>
File: opec.jpg (87 KB, 616x546) Image search: [Google]
opec.jpg
87 KB, 616x546
>>1159251
>>1159272
http://www.albertaoilmagazine.com/2015/06/the-biggest-oil-gas-midstream-and-service-companies-of-the-year/

I'd say stay away from the oil sands companies. Conventional producers have bigger margins and dividends, at the cost of less scale. We'd really need 80+ for oil sands, when a lot of conventional producers are ok at $40-50.

You should have bought in at the bottom in January. But there's plenty of room still for upward momentum.

>>1159275
>thinking oil is a competitive market

Unconventional oil production like fracking, tar sands and deep sea drilling becomes profitable at high gas prices, like $80/bbl. Only deep sea drilling is maintainable over the long term without additional investment. Fracking wells peak within the first two years and then quickly decline, necessitating more drilling. Oil sands requires diggers and trucks to carry the bitumen. Oil prices have been low enough for these competitive forces to decline in production.

OPEC isn't competitive. It's a cartel. Most of it's countries and Russia aren't democracies and need high oil prices to placate their population. And they aren't any where close to doing it at $40. They meet in June, they will cut production and oil will go up to $60-70.
>>
>>1159168
if you'd like to read it in lie format
http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/business/banks-bail-in-1.3504183
>>
>>1159359
It's converts long term debt to equity. So bond holders will get shares instead of interest payments.

It's not really losing anything if you don't hold bank debt.
>>
>>1159341
>You should have bought in at the bottom in January.

I know anon, my TFSA trading account wasn't ready to go until 3 weeks ago, after the big dip happened. :(
>>
File: vsn.jpg (44 KB, 572x482) Image search: [Google]
vsn.jpg
44 KB, 572x482
>>1159433
There's still some good dividend yields if you're into that kind of thing

This
https://tsx.exdividend.ca/
has a great list and lets you screen what pays high.
>>
>>1159300
why CAZ?
>>
>>1159658
Cheap as fuck, not a dead operator, and oil will begin to climb again (and so will energy related share price).

Not only that, but even if it does die and the stock evaporates into nothingness, it wasn't a loss for me. I lose more when aerospace shares drop a penny.
>>
You guys make me laugh. Any reasonably predictable result of the OPEC meeting is already priced in, you cannot profit from it. You all are essentially gambling. Go to Vegas, it's cheaper.
>>
>>1158450
CAD is going to fall back down. Without a doubt.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.