[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Teach me about economics
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: Richdadpoordadcover.jpg (40 KB, 306x499) Image search: [Google]
Richdadpoordadcover.jpg
40 KB, 306x499
Hi guys, I'd like to learn how to handle my money, the problem is i barely have any knowledge about it, the only book i read was "Rich Dad Poor Dad" ( pic related ), Was that even a good book to start with ? And what should I read/do to improve my knowledge about economics ?
>>
bumping for interest.
>>
>>1158271
crash course with hank green on youtube have an econ class I think, I used his chem one a while back and liked it.

Also just lurk more.
>>
>>1158331
OP here, looks interesting, thanks mate
>>
>>1158271
i don't have anything for money management, only economics.
there are yale economics courses online for free- game theory, financial theory, financial markets.
the professor of financial markets got a nobel prize for economics last year.

rich dad poor dad is way for kiyosaki to upsell you on seminars. i wouldn't waste time on RDPD
>>
>>1158400
>Google yale economics online course
>run by prof. Shiller

Omg this is too much for me
>>
>>1158331
>crash course
I wouldn't trust those guys to tell me the weather if we were standing outside together. They put such a bullshit liberal spin on everything.
>>
>>1159177
Started watching the first video in the series. They immediately used US military spending vs. hospitals and schools as an example of opportunity costs.
Then went on to claim their mission isn't to sway you one way or another.
>>
>>1158331

The economics series is bullshit. I couldn't watch it because of the needless pandering to the left (it also has different, extremely annoying spokespeople). Use those videos for a superficial understanding of science/psychology topics only.
>>
RDPD isn't economics, it's finance, and pretty bad finance too.

He took the regular real estate seminar model of borrow as much money as you can to buy properties, but changed the marketing to dads, so that instead of taking about greedy goals like getting your yacht and sports car, you'd be providing more for your family.

The people that get rich off this is him, developers and real estate agents.
>>
>gain skills that have market value (ex. Getting a degree for engineering)
>work to increase your salary
>save your money, live below your means

Those are the fundamental building blocks. You can always start a business once you have some capital and/or skills.
>>
>>1160051

do you have a suggestion? of good finance?
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.