[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How would you improve /biz/? How would you stop the "how
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
File: 7808193676_c0423c7b39_b[1].jpg (398 KB, 1024x984) Image search: [Google]
7808193676_c0423c7b39_b[1].jpg
398 KB, 1024x984
How would you improve /biz/?
How would you stop the "how to become rich/turn $1 into $1billion"?
How would you prevent crypto-shilling?
What features would you like to see(/g/ has [code] tags, /tg/ has dice rolling, and /sci/ has TEX)?
How would you make this board be truly worthy of having "Business & Finance" as a title?
>>
File: Cb3f3yHWwAAnnL4.jpg (104 KB, 675x1200) Image search: [Google]
Cb3f3yHWwAAnnL4.jpg
104 KB, 675x1200
>Ban all cryptothresds.

>Make user accounts that don't require email or any info

>Make all new users have to pass a simple quiz with questions such as "What is shorting a stock?", "What is dollar cost averaging?" "Credit card and other high interest debt should be paid off immediately: true or false?" "Index funds tracking the s&p500 are generally said to provide these kinds of returns over the long term:", "Opportunity cost is one of these four choices:"

>Ban all trolling threads that aren't actually funny/productive such as some of the classics: "Things poorfags do" or Ironic frugal threads

I guess then it would just be a forum then tho but that would be best way to ensure quality
>>
>>1157607
>Make user accounts that don't require email or any info
Then everyone will be anonymous, just like now. Wow!

>Make all new users have to pass a simple quiz with questions such as "What is shorting a stock?", "What is dollar cost averaging?" "Credit card and other high interest debt should be paid off immediately: true or false?" "Index funds tracking the s&p500 are generally said to provide these kinds of returns over the long term:", "Opportunity cost is one of these four choices:"
Too easy to search for answers online.
>>
>>1157607
>board has low traffic
>decrease it even more

/biz/ can't be improved because of the fact that this is a business board on an image board, maybe general threads but that's about it
>>
>>1157613
Traffic will improve if the value of this board will increase. But how?
>>
File: black crime.jpg (110 KB, 500x649) Image search: [Google]
black crime.jpg
110 KB, 500x649
Make a stick with basic crypto advice, stock advice, major advice, buy vs. rent advice, sales advice.

Immediately ban people who make a "I wanna get rich" thread for 30 days. Second offense, permanent ban.
>>
>>1157612
I meant accounts just with username + password, no mile long list of info.

>Answers too easily Google able

That's the point. All of those are common questions on /biz/ and if the new user learns the answers to them he's welcome aboard, whether he knew the answer or googled it.

ANYWAY, that's what you need to make a high quality business/finance forum. Anything else will not work.

That's why a 4chan board is shit.

There's no punishment for shit posting! Worst case you get banned then just change IP, that's why this board is mostly useless. If there's user accounts it actually holds some meaning behind it.

It's like you just start a new slate here. Every business dedicated board needs user accounts otherwise no one knows who's credible or not.
>>
>>1157641
Well nothing stops you from making a lot of accounts then.
So it kind of defeats the purpose of having accounts at all.
If you have to provide you info, at least this will make you think about quality of your posts before posting.

>All of those are common questions on /biz/ and if the new user learns the answers to them he's welcome aboard, whether he knew the answer or googled it.
That's redundant, just like with you info-less accounts idea.
>>
>>1157607
too restricting, not in the spirit of 4chan
>>
>>1157656
Not really, you'd still have date created and postcount, maybe some sort of karma-system as reddit as that sounds.
With optional email I guess, I just mean an easy way to register.

Obviously no one would listen to some random same-day-created user with no posts unless he actually made sense.

The quiz is simple and yet would do heaps. Mentally retarded users would be forced to at least Google and TYPE IN the correct answers, that might leave some knowledge behind in them at least.

>>1157658
Yeah but then you have to deal with this BS.

It's the only real solution.
>>
>>1157607
you literally just described reddit
>>
>>1157671
Well some things can't be unique. That's like saying 4chan copied the idea of threads and posts.

It's not really like reddit besides having accounts though.

It would be like a forum with an easy to register process and a quiz before being allowed to post.

Obviously some other features I haven't put much thought into yet but that would be the basic premise.
>>
>>1157665
So basically reddit-tier account system. Okay, that makes more sense now. Maybe no karma thing because of karmawhoring. People in general will try to find ways to rack up karma whatever means.

Quiz might not be a bad idea after all, if done correctly. Maybe ask random questions that are of open ended type. Maybe even submit answers for review to moderation team for approval.
>>
>>1157600
A sticky with basic advice and definitons like /fit/ or /fa/ but for the stock market etc

Get rid of coinfags
>>
>>1157600
Ban crypto threads
Allow hoverable stock links via $XXX style links
>>
>>1157665
>>/reddit/
Id rather browse through the sea of shit that /biz/ is than make it into a circlejerk of a few guys who are convinced they are whales when all theyhave a superiority complex, cold hotpockers and enough pennystock to make any 5-year old jealous.
>>
>>1157685
What kind of stock advice would you put, besides "buy low sell high"? Because it all boils down to that.
>>
>>1157681
Karma-type stuff isn't a bad idea though. Most web forums have it in some way because it encourages productive posting.

Some guy for example with only 30 posts yet 2000 "karma" or whatever implementation(reputation, etc) would clearly be seen as a VERY helpful user.

>>1157688
Reddit isn't bad in the smaller subreddits, and neither is the karma system. The issue is with the large subreddits where people just repeatedly repost memes but that isn't really possible on a smaller forum.
>>
>>1157681
And nah the point of the quiz isn't to make it an elite-only website. Just to answer the questions most fags come here to make threads about and force them to look at investopedia for answers.

It's simple and for the most part would be effective.
>>
LIVE TICKERS and QUOTES
>>
>>1157708
That's redundant. You have so many websites that do this already.
>>
>>1157718
For them there noobs
>>
>>1157629
>>1157685
This.
A sticky like on /fit/, with a catalog of different investment products, finance and accounting basics, so we get less of the "I do I into money" threads.
A /pol/ detector?
>>
>>1157600
>>1157607
>>1157612
Buy ETHkek of course....
>>
>ban crypto

Hahahahhaa no. Rather ban all you little faggots.

Remember, buy ethereum.
>>
>>1158848
No need to ban crypto. It will die out all on its own.
>>
1. I'd ban people acting like immature teenagers. This would mean banning the majority of /biz/ -- however I think that more people would quickly take their place.
2. Next, I'd ban all threads shilling currencies and other assets. Anyone actively speculating on assets shouldn't post here.
3. I'd ban anyone that was name fagging.
4. I'd ban anyone who purposefully derailed threads with memes, stupidity, and other such non-sense. 4chan just isn't the right place for discussing anything. At this point it's just complete uninhibited stupidity. As it stands -- a person currently could post a how to guide on getting rich only to have a hoard of neckbeards on this board chime in with their misinformed skepticism. This board rewards OC posters by insulting them, calling them fakes, and just generally being fucking retarded. In this sense, its kind of like trying to teach higher level mathematics to a class full of high schools who neither understand nor appreciate the subject matter. Nobody wants to post anything for a bunch of entitled, retards to try "critique" despite not knowing fucking anything about business or finance. Bill Gates could probably post here and /biz/ would just be like "ah what would you know faggot."
5. I'd ban anyone who didn't provide their reasoning when making a controversial statement. This contributes nothing to the discussion and only serves to derail thread.
6. Anyone who makes financial argument from authority must provide proof of their financial to a moderator. You shouldn't be able to start a thread claiming to be rich and giving advice on this basis without having to verify your financials. Either provide solid reasons why your advice is sound or if you're implying its sound because you're rich then you must give proof but doing neither is highly suspect.
7. We should sticky a thread of books so the board can educate themselves more. A wiki could also be a good idea as the more experienced members could share their knowledge.
>>
>>1158858
You sound like like buzz - nofunallowed - killington the mayor of boresville, groanington state.
>>
The only thing i can come up with is general thread quality. Things like more threads about starting/running small business, economics discussion, sharing of our stock picks with the reasoning behind it. I was thinking of doing that last one by analyzing a stock, share it with you guys and get feedback about my analysis, but i always end up doing something else with my time.
>>
>>1158860
There's a huge difference between joking around and actively scaring away good posters. Are you aware that successful people laugh at this website? They would only post here as a joke which is how its stayed since I've lurked here. Can you imagine someone like Bill Gates wanting to post here? Of course not, because after he posted some solid advice he would have some loud mouth retard trying to tell him that supply and demand aren't valid economic principals and baseless questioning everything he says. He would then have to spend the rest of the thread trying to rerail the logic with what any ordinary person wouldn't need to question. And then maybe somewhere in that process he would start to question what he was doing: "Why am I trying to help these rude morons succeed when all they do is insult me. They're all so full of shit and sure they know everything. I think I'm just going to go back to being productive and let them keep pretending to be successful on the Internet."

You've got to understand that this place gives the loudest moron a megaphone and he can freely use it without any repercussions. As a result, anyone can come into any thread and just start rattling off bullshit. 4chan is the result of this, and the answer btw -- isn't to name fag. It's to create a strict culture where we don't tolerate stupidity. Fun is allowed but not at the expense of people trying to create good content.
>>
>>1158777
Sticky = good idea
>>
>>1158874
I remember that arab guy that had a bunch of businesses that used to post here. Where did he go?

>>1158983
Sticky is so, so, so needed here.

I like the idea of being able to hover over ticker symbols and get the at a glance look. Like if I type $AAPL and you hover over it you could see the daily chart, current price, and volume information.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.