[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
4 Portrait Monitors?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: setup.png (605 KB, 1491x690) Image search: [Google]
setup.png
605 KB, 1491x690
Hi /biz/, for a long time now I have been working on a trading system which utilizes webscrapping stock prices at up to 1-sec timeframe and implemented a lot since then in R and Python. Still I would like to keep an eye on all the code and programs running and possibly the automated trades the system is executing. I would like to have 3-4 monitors with minimum Full-HD resolution in portrait mode.

I know I need a lot of CPU-power and memory for running R and Python multiple times at high-frequency, all the machines I would like to buy (up to $2k budget just for the machine) come with fancy GPUs like the 980GTX but that feels like overkill. I don't play games at all but I understand that one needs a card with enough DVI/HDMI slots for 4 monitors, so what approximate class of Graphics cards would you recommend?

Pic related, that is how it would look like approximately.
>>
you're a wizard henri
>>
>>1157516

>using sublime text
>not using vim

never gonna make it
>>
>>1157593
>preferences
>>
You can probably code up a simple interface with info condescended into it.
>>
Why would you need a single card capable of driving four monitors by itself? You could do that with two cards driving two monitors each just as easily.
>>
>>1157604
I though of doing that but I dont trust my system enough yet, so I want to have an eye on pretty much everything. Would hate to see if one part fails unnoticed and I start losing money systematically.

>>1157606
Whats the cheaper option? wouldn't I need an SLI mainboard for 2 cards?
>>
Almost all cards support 4 displays, you just need a splitter. Buy any of the low end cards, 710, 7750, and two splitters for dvi or hdmi. More than one card would be inefficient at best.
>>
>>1157611
thank you, yes I am just starting reading up on people more on more often who have older 7x cards running 4 monitors. seems possible, they even play games so it should suffice.
>>
>>1157610
No, it's not like gaming where the cards need to link or even match brands. The other option is a "business graphics" card like this one with an Nvidia Quadro chipset which is designed to run 4 displays without the special whizbang stuff gaming needs:
http://www.amazon.com/PNY-DisplayPort-Profesional-Business-VCQ450NVS-X16-PB/dp/B001NIIFO6
>>
>>1157619
thank you, never heard of the Quadro series before. Will look into it.
>>
>>1157516
Hey, Anon:
>>1158701
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.