[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I study SCM, supply Chain Management. Which nis Business and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: summerjobs.jpg (51 KB, 424x333) Image search: [Google]
summerjobs.jpg
51 KB, 424x333
So I study SCM, supply Chain Management. Which nis Business and Logistics. I also work as a forklift driver at a warehouse.

Summer is approaching, and lots of my classmates are getting real SCM jobs for the summer. Things like purchasing manager, and inventory accounting et c.

But I seem to learn a lot that the higher ups don't know by being in the bottom. Things my textbooks don't say, I see opportunities here.

What is the best investment of my Summer? Keep learning at the bottom, and work upwards after getting my degree. Or start up in management during the Summer when the regulars are on holiday?
>>
Bump cause I'm in the same boat
>>
File: 1458592001366.jpg (155 KB, 1080x1261) Image search: [Google]
1458592001366.jpg
155 KB, 1080x1261
Anyone?
>>
Okay, the point of an internship isn't to learn stuff. The point is to get connections in the industry and have a sexy line on your resume.

If you were a hiring manager would you hire "forklift operator" to run your supply chain?

No way.

What if his resume said "Intern-global supply chain, procurement division, Fortune 500 company".

Now we're talking.

Imagine one candidate has a letter of recommendation from the VP of logistics, and the other has a recommendation from Mike, the day shift forklift guy.

One of these guys can be your company's all star one day.

Hint: Its not forklift guy.
>>
>>1157290
but the thing is he is still a forklift driver,
that job wasn't an internship, it was just his summer job.

would you still market it as "intern-global sup................." ?
>>
>>1157898
>supply chain management = forklifting.

just talk yourself up. dont lie but dont lowball yourself.
>>
SCM graduate (spring last year) here, still looking for that first job in the field. Anyone have an idea for me? I haven't had an internship or direct SCM experience.
>>
>>1157103

What the fuck are you on about, people want to hire entry level people that will eventually turn into middle managers and eventually executives.

If your end-goal is to be the warehouse operations manager then you can continue doing your shitty forklift job, but if you ever want to make 200k+ and make important decisions you're going to want a real internship.

Besides, if you've been driving that forklift for more than 3 weeks there should be nothing more for you to learn--unless you're literally mentally challenged.
>>
File: 1458645250467.jpg (111 KB, 1080x1158) Image search: [Google]
1458645250467.jpg
111 KB, 1080x1158
>>1158109

>SCM graduate (spring last year) here, still looking for that first job in the field. Anyone have an idea for me? I haven't had an internship or direct SCM experience.

May I ask for advice? What would you have done differently if you where a finishing your second year? Why don't you think you have a job? Why don't you start your own company? Tried moving abroad?
>>
>>1158539

Definitely get an internship for over the summer. It'll get you an in for that company assuming you're not completely incompetent at it.

That's probably my biggest regret, not getting an internship in uni as a lot of entry level positions want direct experience in SCM.

I've been trying for SCM trainee positions but haven't heard back from the companies. Lack funds to start own company, not moving international.
>>
>>1157103
>SCM
Super cock mongling? Teach me your secrets senpai desu
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.