[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Reminder that Bitcoin is the only way to hedge against the post-cash
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: TraitsOfMoney.png (194 KB, 660x393) Image search: [Google]
TraitsOfMoney.png
194 KB, 660x393
Reminder that Bitcoin is the only way to hedge against the post-cash dystopia we are inevitably approaching.

6 billion marketcap, trillions of long term potential.

Reminder that all altcoins are is just pump and dumps to get BTC off casual hands.

Buy BTC now, we'll meet in 3 months.
>>
Legit.
>>
>>1156943
Why would I want to hedge against a cashless society? We are already almost there anyways. I barely ever use cash as it is. What would be the point of me buying a volatile shitcoin again?
>>
Now that contactless payment is available on most debit cards most people won't give a fuck about BTC.
>>
>>1156943
Debit and credit cards pretty much give cash all the benefits of crypto
>>
>>1156943
>Reminder that all altcoins are is just pump and dumps to get BTC off casual hands.

I'm not so sure now. Ethereum (which bound to crash) is very successful. There is less blue-sky optimism now in Bitcoin due to Core devs being stubborn about hard forks and an immediate block limit increase.
>>
>>1157283
Not everyone is a cuck. There's trillions outside of the GDP that will flock for a new house.
Bitcoin is the best way to go.
>>
Monero is technically superior in every way. No blocksize cap, protocol level anonymity, and a slight tail emission means it won't ever need a total deflationary fee economy to develop.

Bitcoin looks like a Betamax next to it, and the only advantage it has is a larger network - but MySpace had the same at one point.

Cleanly launched proof-of-work coins are rare, and if you start looking for one that completely eclipses Bitcoin you will come to only one conclusion: Monero.

It was 40 cents last year, and now it's $1.50. Who knows where it will be by next year.
>>
>>1157571
>Monero is technically superior
>Bitcoin looks like Betamax next to it

You've got that analogy the wrong way round. Betamax was the technically superior format, but VHS won over the public despite that fact. That's why the VHS vs. Betamax scenario makes a good example for the study of marketing over technical superiority.
>>
>>1157605
Not to mention Monero has serious scale issues and his blockchain is bloatware.

Once we have Confidential Transactions, integrated Coinjoin + BIP47 all those meme "anonymous currencies" will be yet another irrelevant alt.
>>
>>1156943
Buy fixed indexed annuities.
>>
>>1157554
I'd rather be a cuck to the most powerful government in the world than to some faggot neckbeards. Not even one time has it ever occured to me to give someone money just because they solved a math problem with their computer. Sounds retarded at best.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.