[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is daytrading essentially gambling?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
Is daytrading essentially gambling?
>>
>>1156508
It _is_ gambling.
>>
Isn't it rigged to be impossible since you would need scripts/bots to sell and buy at the fastest speeds?
>>
For the most part, yes. every trade you make has a 50/50 shot to make or lose you money (unless there is some news event that has an obvious sentiment; like the fed's decision not to raise rates, this was obviously bullish). The only thing you can control is how much you make when you're right and how much you lose when you're wrong through stops and profit targets.

the aim of the game is to make more when you're right than what you lose when you're wrong.

good luck
>>
File: thedip.png (122 KB, 1893x814) Image search: [Google]
thedip.png
122 KB, 1893x814
fuck these niggas op, just get ready to pay before you earn. im 20 in college and this is the only trade i made today
>>
>>1156997
Those "events" are instantly reflected in the price. You cannot win.
>>
itt failed, wanna-be, day traders who gambled, because they sucked. must suck to be one of the 95%. lol.
>>
>trading is gambling!
>muh Robin Hood profits!

These threads are entertainment at its finest.
>>
>>1157085
So how many millions per day do you make and what is your strategy, genius trader?
>>
>>1156508
Daytrading is a meme. Even professional traders at investment banks/hedge funds work with a 1-3 month investment horizon.
>>
>no daytraders ever make money
>nu uh dude, I made 300% on NBG!
>>
>>1156519
>>1157027
You don't know shit about day trading lol

How can it be gambling if there are people who consistently make profit and live their lives comfortably completely off of day trading
It's not gambling for 10% of people who are smart
If you lose you aren't smart go get a job in a trade
>>
>You don't know shit about day trading
should be the name of this thread
>>
>>1157298
That's what everyone thinks
>>
>>1157023
ELI5 ? you did limit-stop order ?
>>
>>1157747
Yea how'd u kno that?
>>
>>1156519
It sure is. Now, get back to work wagecuck.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.