[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How insane would i be to dual major in engineering and biology?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: 1441671093046.jpg (50 KB, 547x471) Image search: [Google]
1441671093046.jpg
50 KB, 547x471
How insane would i be to dual major in engineering and biology?

I literally can't decide what I want to major in and I got like a month to decide
>>
those both suck lol
>>
You'll most likely end up switching majors anyway so pick whatever you want
>>
>>1156362
This

OP fell for the STEM meme hard
>>
>>1156362
>>1156393
what's the answer then nerds
>>
>>1156359
Real talk.

If you plan on getting a job one day. Your major matters way less than your skills. Grab a pair of kneepads and head to the nearest frat, ASAP.
>>
>>1156401
I feel like i'd rather kill myself than join a fraternity
>>
>>1156406
You're not joining
>>
>>1156406
Engineering or applied math dealing with finance
>>
>>1156418
i got accepted to the best engineering school in my state but i feel like everyone goes into engineering and I don't know what type of career I would get out of it that wouldn't be miserable, unless I reached a position where I founded my own company
>>
>>1156422
Then start a company you retard. Everyone "goes into" engineering but most of them will just be techcucks for life if they even get a job because few people actually take it seriously. If you have ever been good at anything and want a sure thing, take genetics, biomechanics, and general engineering courses. Visit a few labs, try to join one, then network with entrepreneurs and scientists and shit. there is literally no way to have a bad time in biotech if you can impress people enough to get a job. My day is 90% downtime waiting on machines and qc. youll also connect with government organizations and a bunch of other universities usually especially at a small company. Ez life.

If you don't want any competition then tough luck. Try cosmetics on some microbiology innovations or build robots for small businesses. People are still clueless as fuck about how to make robots work beyond a few gimmicks, and the companies who do get it right are looking too broadly. That career will rip your ass open with work though
>>
>>1156359
Biochemical engineering is still a viable choice.
>>
>>1156359
Biomedical engineering sounds like the way to go for you.

Don't listen to everyone here. Don't stress too hard. If you stick with STEM, you'll be taking the same common classes for more than half of your college career.

I fucked up by switching from STEM to Biziness so I have a shit ton of extra maths/hard sciences that I didn't need.
>>
>>1156359
I have a Biology degree. Avoid it if you can. Get a minor in it if you must. If you are absolutely dead set on a Biology degree, then get a degree in Biochemistry. >>1157507 is right about STEM degrees sharing alot of classes (mostly first two years of coursework), but be careful at the same time. I was a BME major for two years and about half of us dropped out because of how brutally difficult it was. We all got degrees in Biochem or Biology instead.

If I had to do it all over again, I would probably pick something like CS.
>>
>>1156359
biology isnt that hard if you study every day
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.