[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm 26 and don't know what to do for a career. The
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: wrist-muscles.jpg (153 KB, 1069x831) Image search: [Google]
wrist-muscles.jpg
153 KB, 1069x831
I'm 26 and don't know what to do for a career. The only useful thing I'm genuinely interested in is anatomy and how muscles and the human body works. Mostly because weightlifting is a hobby I'm trying to take more seriously.

What can I do for a living that could be suggested?
>>
>>1156182
Sups
Just mix byproducts together and make shit like whey and fiber supplements.
>>
Fellow /fit/izen here. There are a lot of us on /biz/

I would say physical therapy, but that profession has taken it hard in the ass in the last ten years and it's going to get worse as the new medicare/medicaid changes are slowly rolled out over the next five years.

If you want to do something medical, then look into going into MD.

If you asked me what I would do if I woke up tomorrow on my first day of being a freshman in college, I would double major in biology/business, devote everything to getting straight A's, and go straight towards being an orthopedic surgeon.

Starting your own gym is good, but you better do a ton of market research for your area and not over leverage yourself. It seems like everyone and their brother are opening up powerlifting/crossfit gyms now.
>>
>>1156199
I was thinking of doing something medical related.

Though, I'll admit that laziness is the problem because minimal 8 years of school sounds like a fucking drug.

Doable, though.
>>
>>1156199
I'm currently doing my first year in a DPT program, AMA. I don't PT is being "fucked" hard. In fact, the market is expanding, what we are allowed to do (accupunture/dry-needling/direct access) is improving, and pay is steadily going up. I think the nationwide average salary is $80k/year and you work no more than ~45hrs/wk. You CAN work more if you want to earn more. You can do home health visits on the weekend or w/e

Also, surgery is VERY overrated. You work ~70-80hrs/wk and practice insurance sucks away 1/2 of what you make. Source: Roommate is a M2.
>>
Becum a medical illustrator
>>
become a personal trainer
>>
a butcher
>>
>>1156182
PA student here, its a good gig; less time consuming than MD or DO, and has a very secure future. You must do well in all the hard sciences and life sciences in order to go down any path medical related; whether it be Pharm Occupational therapist, physical therapist,Physician assistant or MD/DO you name it.

What you could do is go to nursing school at uni get your bsn and then work for a couple of years pay off your school, and use the clinical experience to move into nurse practitioner program. much easier schooling than MD or PA or DO, and you get to do all the fun stuff docs can too, the benefit is you can work it out by not having to dunk yourself in debt.
>>
>>1156182

physical therapy

Downsides:
>school for 8 years, have to do a residence (yes, you do that for PT now), >have to take Physics and other higher level sciences

Upsides

>100k a year or better if you went to a good school
>you actually help people i stead of throw pills at them like a doctor

Or you can become a stength coach, you need a CSCS certification. Requires bachelors of science.

>high school strength coach
Shit
>college strength coach
Good
>professional team strnegth coach
Great.

Pay is in that order.
>>
>>1156383

I also advocate PA program.

85k-110k for 6 years of school and you can work in urgent care setting and test for strep all day.
>>
>>1156489

>you actually help people i stead of throw pills at them like a doctor

More like teaching people with diabetes how to slow the rate at which their limbs are going to shit from deep vein thrombosis
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.