[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Inhertiancefag here. How do I find motivation to make something
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 5
File: grid-cell-4743-1418102942-2.jpg (68 KB, 625x583) Image search: [Google]
grid-cell-4743-1418102942-2.jpg
68 KB, 625x583
Inhertiancefag here. How do I find motivation to make something of myself?
>>
Go ahead. Don't. Enjoy your empty life devoid of meaning that you numb yourself to with drugs and whores.
>>
>>1155890
sounds pretty good to me. throw in some shrooms and four or five good friends and you've nailed the secret to happiness
>>
>>1155882
Eventually, you'll be so bored that you will either end your life or make something of yourself. Godspeed, anon!
>>
hi, what is it you would like to become?
>>
>>1155882

Educate yourself. There are already billions of people which have/will leave zero impact on this world. If you don't want to live an empty hedonistic life, you' ll have to apply yourself. To get inspired, I'd recommend watching Ted talks, or participating in some Coursera courses.

Also, you might want to look up the Undercover Boss episode of the Hooter's CEO. I've seen the show multiple times, and this guy is by far one of the most pathetic human beings I've ever seen. Basically he got everything handed to him, put no effort into applying himself, and now he walks the earth with a "please please respect me people, even though I am a complete idiot and everybody looks down on me" personality glowing him off him. You don't want to end up like that.
>>
>>1155896

>he thinks never achieving any sort of professional success or self actualization is an achievement
>>
>>1155898
that was me, I wrote "hi" because I was about to write a long inspirational text. Then I thought fuck it. Is there true happiness without suffering?
>>
How old are you and how much did you inherit?
>>
Anyone else look at the thumbnail and think it was this boss instead?
>>
>>1155882
adderall
>>
>>1155904
20 years old with multi multi million trust funds

My parents kept all this shit from me too, I thought we were normal for the longest time
>>
disregard the different IDs my wifi just does that
>>
Go to /his/

Ctrl f movie

Watch the recomended movies

Get filled with delusions of grandeur and fail gloriously as you try to change the world
>>
>crew on sailboat for experience
>buy sailboat once capable
>sail the world fucking bitches in all the ports

easy dude
>>
>>1155882
read right types of books and dedicate your life to helping others. build rehab homes, find homeless people on the streets employ them and teach them new trades, help your country - we all mortals and cant take riches when we die, money is just a screwdriver - use it to build beautiful things that truly matter
>>
>>1155901
>professional success
>self actualization
>achievement
these are memes, none of these mean anything
>>
>>1155882

By helping your fellow man.
>>
File: 1458175826956.jpg (56 KB, 469x720) Image search: [Google]
1458175826956.jpg
56 KB, 469x720
>>1155882

You don't just fucking spend that money and get off.

"hard work" is an overrated bullshit mentality pushed by the people at the top. Fuck that shit. Give in to the brain chemicals. They got us this far.
>>
I like how hilariously shit this threads suggestions are.
>>
>>1155882
Your kids won't have anyone to look up to.
>>
>>1155882
You may not want to, yet. But that's only because you're young.
Soon, you will realize that doing fuck all earns you zero respect from those you know. Probably also a thinly veiled sense of disgust from many as well.
That by itself may be enough to do it.
>>
>>1155882
Just look biography of some rags to riches guy. You'll feel inferior and find motivation in guilt.

But you really don't need to op, the goal in life is to live not work, all of us working class just work to get by not because we a cucks who like getting buttfucked.

If I had even 50$k USD I would stop working and do something I really want to like painting or music or world tour.
>>
File: Tears-of-happiness.jpg (292 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
Tears-of-happiness.jpg
292 KB, 2048x1536
>>1155882
Give away your money to a worthy cause. It is the only way that you will be complete. Keep just enough to go to college, if you haven't gone already. Finish college with a STEM degree, then go take life by the horns. Live day by day like the rest of us do. Buy a house. Pay a mortgage. Drive a shifty used car that runs well. Find a worthy cause and volunteer. Make your life a life of service and you will find fulfillment. You want the greatest high of life? Help others who are in need and you will find it. I guarantee you will. Focus not on finding the greatness within, but on finding the goodness within and you will find fulfillment.
>>
>>1156974
*shitty used car
>>
>>1155901
>he copes by thinking his exploited labour hours are relevant in the grand scheme of things when all he wants is just end up like OP, rich and not having to worry about anything

So many fucking workcuck ITT
>>
>>1156974
>im jelly because you won the inheritance lottery, please stop being rich and become poor like us
>>
>>1156472
>he cares what others think of you
>implying life wouldn't be fun within a clique of other rich kids that didn't do shit to earn what the have
>>
>>1156981
You think millions of people volunteer for no reason? The joy of helping others is above all else. OP could waste his life or make something of himself. I think he has made his choice. Now he needs the inventive to follow through. That's why he should give away his money. He will have to make something of himself if he does that. OP if your father was any kind of man he would support your decision to make something of yourself. He likely gave you that money so that you would be comfortable and financially secure- not so that you could pissed it and your life away. Do not dissapoint him. Make your life worth living. Start helping others- even if you don't give your money away. You will at least find your own fulfillment that way. You could start pursuing happiness right now if you wanted to.
>>
>>1155882
dude you should make art. the main reason most people don't follow their dreams of becoming a concept artist/illustrator, or make music, or write books, is because they are so afraid they won't make it economically. you have the opportunity to make art without risking becoming homeless or being starving. take advantage

inb4 creatively and emotionally blunted T type personality

but 4real there is no happiness in life without skill. building a skill will make you feel like you aren't just a spoiled, worthless baby brat of wealth.
>>
>>1156987
>one cared you think he about you
>implying life what the have earn rich
>>
>>1155882
Give me all your money and start from scratch, since you are clearly too dull to enjoy it
>>
>>1157087
This

Become an artist or philosopher or something
>>
>>1155882
just buy a bunch of franchise restaurants in your town, get more money
>>
>>1155882
you don't have to make anything of yourself. Just do stuff that builds your character and sense of worth. Woodworking is pretty cool.
>>
>>1155882
invest your money sensibly so that you can't spend it then try to survive for a couple of months like an ordinary, then at an auspicious date like summer solstice allow yourself to use your money to pay the rent and things
>>
>Stagnation
spend, waste, hire hookers, ask 4chan for more on that
>Religion
personally I hate religion, maybe due to the fact I come from communist China and propaganda worked. Or the fact that the Viet friend of mine invited me to her Catholic church and then cried for my eternal soul after I told her it wasn;t my thing. Every finds a reason to live, if they are happy with it, mores the power to them.
>Motion
Start a business, make more money. Do you need it? Probably not. But there is joy to be found in doing something. The fact that your on 4chan probably means you 'ehn; on anything physical such as breaking records or climb mountains. I personally play alot of MMoRPG games to manipulate markets and return on investments and watch the pile grow because I do not have the necessary capitol to invest since in 250k in debt college. I still find simple joy in it for whatever reason. I like seeing large figures, and I tie it as representative of my accomplishment even it it is imaginary for me.
>>
File: 1458064606251.jpg (82 KB, 650x500) Image search: [Google]
1458064606251.jpg
82 KB, 650x500
>>1155882
If you give me a small loan of 3k I will give you the motivation that you need to make something of YOURSELF
>>
>>1155882
I just got 200 grand from inheritance. Gonna put it all on meme stocks.
>>
I wish I were an inheritance fag, my friend is and he gets 90k per year and bought himself a brand new car
>>
Live the fucking life for a good while and just relax for the time being man. youre only 20. take your massively good fortune and enjoy it, dont stress the details.

but below is what I would suggest, personally:

first and foremost you should travel the world for a year or so. go to exotic and sometimes dangerous places.

next you should be reading, developing hobbies and skills with all your free time. then go to school and learn whatever the hell you want. hell stay in college and just spend your life getting a dozen degrees, college and learning is the best, and learning from professors at good schools is the best method for doing so.

and for the rest, I really don't know. you can avoid the 9-5 life, unlike me. I guess look into starting a business in the fields that interest you?

most importantly though just buy a jetski, a phat ass hooker, snort some coke off her ass while riding a big wave and then fuck her senseless.

god damn, even people in your situation have to find ways to be unhappy. we are a microstain on the entire galaxy, life is so fucking simple and meaningless we are little more than ants, its not worth trying to stress details or be the next tryhard musk. fuck. snort coke, fuck bitches.
>>
>>1155987
Based parents didn't want you to turn into a rich faggot.

If I had your money I'd start building an empire. Start small and learn to run businesses, build relationships, and

>>1156111
Surely you mean by employing them with a dignified wage?

>>1156974
I actually know someone who is doing this. Fucking cunt had a million at age 18, got a car and a useless degree, and then started giving it all to SJW causes that will make precisely no ones life better.
>>
>>1157087
>>1158130
It's not hard to make it economically, but at some point I realized it's better to find a hustle and fund your creative projects as a risky investment, instead of hoping you'll snag a grant and ride off on a flying carpet of free money.

>>1158178
This is not a bad idea if you don't have the stomach for empire building. Devoting yourself to a craft is good for the soul.
>>
>>1155906
Clearly draco malfoy.
Fuck off.
>>
>>1155882
You don't. Fuck everyone. Fuck them. FUCK THEM TO DEATH DO WHAT YOU WANT.
>>
>>1155898
>>1155902
that wasn't you liar
>>
>>1155882
dont be a fucking faggot anon
>>
Immerse yourself in business news. Be a douche. Buy rental property for passive income. Just hire a property manager and ask for monthly reports and quarterly meetings. Consult an accountant regarding forming a legal entity and you'll run your own business. You'll network and expand into other business'. Look up warren buffets average day. He just chills and reads and now goes on YouTube for hours.
>>
>>1157005
Sooo, you think giving away millions of dollars is incentive to follow through with what you're saying?

That's dumb anon. Remember why you go to school to get a STEM degree in the first place. Many do it for the money, not because it's "their passion."

He can invest his money and use a small portion of the investments each year for notable causes.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.