[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it even possible to start investing in stocks with <$100?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: 1416587213587.jpg (109 KB, 677x960) Image search: [Google]
1416587213587.jpg
109 KB, 677x960
Is it even possible to start investing in stocks with <$100?
Everywhere I look people are investing in the thousands
>>
>>1155095
Probably not. The commission will eat up 10% of that <$100. Instead, save up until you get $1000> and start a Roth IRA.
>>
Why do you think all of the NEETs are apeshit about Robinhood? One neckbeard from the general turned $200 into $2000 over the course of a year. Nothing is impossible with no commission fees, but the less money you start with the harder time you have making it. Seriously though just wait for ether to dip and buy in. Wait until you have like a grand before you start manually investing in the traditional market.
>>
Some mutual funds can be bought into with only $100
>>
>>1155220
>$2000 from 200

Wow good job! One neckbeard gambled his money and earned $1800!

You know he could've made that in 1-2 months at McDonalds, right?
>>
>>1155260
Mm making 1800 from the comfort of my home online or making 1800 working my ass off at a soul crushing wagecucks job hmmm decisions decisions
>>
>>1155260
Would you rather flip patties in a hot and greasy kitchen, or sit around scratching your balls while tapping a smartphone screen? Exactly. You wanna know how I can tell you're a shitter? Because you value money over time and freedom. Now go ahead flip some patties faggot.
>>
Like what would even be the point? Maybe you have a great year and get 50% total profit. So that's $50.. like nothing.
>>
possible yes
profitable extremely unlikely.

Compound saving first, compound investing second.
>>
>>1155095
You can but you are going to have to keep putting money into it to go anywhere. Scottrade used to start at $500. I did that during the 2008 dip where I was able to buy alot of shares cheaply that now pay dividends. Every so often I use that to buy another chunk of stock.

Prices are so high now that that wouldn't work so well. You will never catch up on a $100 stock that pays $1 annually. I would say save up some more and wait for another decent dip.
>>
>>1155276
Yeah much better to use that valuable time posting on 4chan or playing videogames
>>
>>1155498
I love trading. I've jerked off probably 30x in 3 days
made $40 per day.
>>
>>1155504
Impressive, truly leaving behind a legacy.

This board really is shit lmao
>>
>>1155498
Either way his making money. why work a soul crushing wageslave job when you can enjoy yourself?
>>
>>1155498
Why not Trade & Game at the same time?

Why the hate?

Are you a... COMMUNIST?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!??!?
>>
>>1155517
He isn't making money though. He leeches off his parents. That "money" is barely enough for a month's expenses and it took him a year of gambling to get.
>>
no. what the fuck is it with these broke boys with $1k thinking they will make money from markets. you must be so fucking naive. i bet you actually believe success stories from people on the internet huh
>>
File: Bucket-of-Crabs-lg.png.cf.png (232 KB, 580x280) Image search: [Google]
Bucket-of-Crabs-lg.png.cf.png
232 KB, 580x280
>>1155643
>>
>>1155643
>noting your belief/disbelief of success stories instead of just making one happen

Tbh I started with 100 when I was trading. It wasn't to make money in the beginning but it was worth the time I spent on it in the end. Now we can both agree that lazy people are usually retarded, but success is pretty fucking simple. My dad found it just by getting a business loan and working his ass off. I found it by lying my way into circles of wealthy kids, professors and then businessmen. There are so many ways that even many lazy fucks will be "successful" if they really want to be. I think the problem lies in most not giving a shit. Life is breddy good even with 100 dollars to your name, if it wasn't people like OP would do a little more than gamble to earn some.
>>
>>1155220
>Nothing is impossible with no commission fees
Yeah, that's true.
Your odds are much better on Robin Hood.
They get more up to date info, because they're free.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.