[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone here want to start a bar? I'm dead ass serious here.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 8
File: bar.jpg (45 KB, 550x412) Image search: [Google]
bar.jpg
45 KB, 550x412
Anyone here want to start a bar? I'm dead ass serious here.

The idea we would be using is going to be the future of bars.
>>
>>1154714
>The idea we would be using is going to be the future of bars.

what is that? i think bars are a shit business. you have eat, breathe and shit 'nightlife' in order for that venture to be remotely enjoyable.
>>
>>1154719
The new self serving model, this would be the provider we would use.

http://www.ipouritinc.com

More than 95% of bars are not doing this yet. We have free market reign in pretty much most major cities. You give the customer freedom of choice to drink as much as they want.

Throw in some nice beers, wines, ciders, or IPAs. Doesn't just have to be beer.
>>
>>1154714
let me ask my parents first
>>
>>1154729
lol
>>
>>1154723
where do you live anon?
>>
>>1154733
Memphis, TN
>>
>>1154723
Isn't it illegal to let people drink too much. Or at least be held legally liable if they do some dumb ass shit loaded as fuck.
>>
>starting a bar
>using capital-intensive machinery with shitty salvage value instead of labor
Your idea is the future of failure.
>>
I would but I have nothing to offer. gl
>>
>>1154738
You're the only ten I see ;)
>>
>>1154770
If you're too drunk, you can't figure out how to use the system
>>
>>1154945
Run that line by your state liquor control office and see what they say.
>>
No thanks.

I don't want to run some shitty hole, with its income based on what's trendy in the minds of 18-30 year olds.
>>
Never go into anything food or beverage related
>>
This is a bad idea on so many levels. I wrote up a list of reasons but deleted it because it was just stating the obvious.
>>
It is of course.

A few waitress will be around to make sure the customer isn't over served.
>>
Seems most of you are missing the point here.

This is the future of bars. Why on a Saturday night, do you want to go a bar and wait for your drink? Sometimes, you only ever get enough when bars are packed if not at all depending on your patience and tolerance.

The system cuts down employees by more than half. IE more profits instead of paying for workers.

The system and tech allow the customers to be monitored with each poor.

Prices are generated by the ounce

Bars that are using this, compared to a regular bar are making 17% more revenue annually.

>>
>>1155159
Adding on to this, this maximizes beer to be sold on prime nights or events. No waiting in long lines or the few bartenders getting to you.

Again, regular bars that switched to this method, made 17% more revenue.

The technology tracks everything, the customer and owner has an app that shows every beer drank. You can rank them all, put in requests for this beer.

The technology also does analysis on best times to do specials and such with customer flow.
>>
>>1155159
We're all missing the point, you've got it all figured out and you're the only one who can see the tremendous opportunity here.

So why not go in solo and double your profits?
>>
>>1155197
Because it is un-realistic to run a bar by yourself.

Unless you want to have time for nothing else. Some people are fine with this, I on the other hand, am not.
>>
>>1155207
My face when I was legitimate looking for investors... on /biz/ .... BAKA
>>
>>1155238
Your idea is shit and you have no understanding of the market you want to enter. Those were your first mistakes, not asking /biz/ for money.
>>
>>1155244
Ha, you make a claim of a topic that hasn't even been discussed in this thread yet.

The area i will be putting this bar in, will be a traditional college town.

Old traditional beers are hurting. The choice for better testing beer is in, and it has been for a while.

The idea of more choices and self serving sell themselves.

The market that I have to advise you on, clearly, that demand is super high and rich in this area. Especially during football season, will make a killing.

My business will only suffer some down time when the kids are not in school. The college ever year since 2006, has had record breaking Freshman classes for a town that is getting too small for the University.
>>
I wasn't talking about geography.

I'm surprised you can remember to breathe.
>>
>>1155279
All you need to know is, beer choices are shit and hard to find good beer.

Market in high demand during a long stretch of year. Providers sometimes even run out of supply of what they do provide.
>>
>>1154723

Won't work.

People go to bars for social interaction. The bartender is a large part of that.

Not everyone is an autist like you.
>>
>>1154714
I can see the vision. I hate tipping bartenders and I hate waiting for drinks.
>>
File: kanye.jpg (35 KB, 670x377) Image search: [Google]
kanye.jpg
35 KB, 670x377
>>1155302
>implying siri social
I can imagine basement dwellers getting drunk after installing this shit. Plus most bartenders give out freebies.. fuck that machine. I bet it also measures "responsible drinking". Go sell your idea to a fastfood outlet that want to buy softdrink.. This doesn't belong to adults.
>>
>>1155302
Social interaction includes everyone else there as well ;)

Waitresses will pick up the local bar needs. Hand selected for sex appeal, only real job to take food to customers. Wrist band self serves check themselves out with tech.

Ideally though, I the bar it self will be one big sports bar and wreck area. One huge section dedicated to self serve, one traditional bar, pool tables, karaoke/dance area, and darts/arcade.
>>
>>1155310
Yep, set your drinking and paying plan before you drink or as you go.

A waitress will be around from time to time though to cut you off if need be. Other than flirt and serve you food.
>>
>>1155320
but the bar in the beginning will start as pure self serve with TVs everywhere and tables. Food ordered to provide, cool sports bar with great beer.
>>
>>1155313
It is funny because fast food restaurants are already offering self serve drink machines.

:) As I was saying, the future. Fast foods already doing it :D

It is only a matter of time. Get yours in while no one has it near you. No competition
>>
File: MohammedTrump.jpg (5 KB, 267x189) Image search: [Google]
MohammedTrump.jpg
5 KB, 267x189
>>1155332
Please sell your idea to some gay bar or MC Donald's. No one wants to wait in a kiddie line to order drinks. Also we don't need your company tracking our drinking habits! OOPS I JUST DROPPED MY VODKA IN THE KIDDIE LINE HAHHAHHA
>>
>>1155341
but you will wait for an overworked bartender? Oh and if they are sorry as shit, good luck keeping your buzz. If you ever had one to begin with.

Trick.
>>
File: kanye.png (252 KB, 807x453) Image search: [Google]
kanye.png
252 KB, 807x453
>>1155336
>habits
I actually own some hotels in Africa..How exactly do you plan to accommodate for niggas? WE BARELY HAVE WIFI.
>>
>>1155351
My wife is African American, no problems, so no problems being able to connect!
>>
File: kanye2020.jpg (4 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
kanye2020.jpg
4 KB, 300x168
>>1155355
I'm going to help you out since you're with an African American. DO NOT CONSULT 4CHAN. Make appointments with large hotels and bars in person.. fight your way to the top the old fashion way. Maybe we will meet in the future.
>>
>>1155346
I love the idea mane. Fuck what they sayin.
>>
File: IMG_8079.jpg (156 KB, 960x1280) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8079.jpg
156 KB, 960x1280
>>1155365
Appreciate the advice!

Here is a pic of her ;)
>>
>>1155326
So here is the deal. Like the idea. Think it could work. I also like that your employees wouldn't be able to rip you off for as much booze by hooking all their friends up.

I have a couple questions:
What's the ROI on this? How long would you need to have it set up to break even on equipment costs? Have you ever run a bar before? If you haven't why would I need you? Can't I find a bar owner with expertise and invest with them? What do you bring to the table? Have tou ever owned yoir own business before? Do you have any knowledge of bar ooerations at all? Bars are expensive to open even without this equipment. Are you going to match my investment? If not how much of your own personal money are you putting up?

Again, I like the idea, just need more info.
>>
>>1155376
I know right? lol

Truth be told, regular bars want to find a way to serve beers faster during peak times. More drinks served = more $ made.

This is the solution and it has already been proven to work.
>>
>>1155378
You're a very lucky man. Good luck to you.
>>
>>1155380
This
Everyone has ideas. In this case it isn't even your idea and you don't have a patent for it. Its not easy to say "I want to open a bar so give me money". You can't just go to a VC firm where they automatically throw money at you to go open a bar. At the very minimum you need a business plan and proof that your plan will be sucessful. If you don't have revenue or sales then you at least need a patent or something of value to offer (i.e. expertise). You need some type of skin in the game.
>>
>>1155380
I have 100k of my own money atm. $1200 a tap for a beverage. The company I have been talking to, gets paid one penny per ounce served.

I am a restaurant owner and been in the business 10+ years. Right now, I would be leasing a building only. Yes, I would match your investment, rather it the bar sink or swims. My other business generates great profit.

The bar experience I am looking to have is one that is not in the model of turning tables.
>>
>>1155431
I made this thread to get investors.

I'm going to need at least another 1 to 200k. Which would take me 2 or 3 years to get on my own.

Just trying some new things out...
>>
>>1155457
Very cool. I'm liking the prospect even more now. How much would it be to lease the space and how much money do you think it would take to get this off the ground? Are you at the stage where you have any cost estimates/market research or any type of business model? I'd be willing to sign a NDA to see it.

I'm going to be in a client meeting for about an hour but shoot me a throwaway email so we can discuss it in more detail? Sounds like a good idea overall, bro.
>>
>>1155172
What checks the IDs?
What decides when someone's had enough?
How do you cope with someone wanting a specific drink?
How do you prioritise your regulars in the line?

System obviously made by someone who's never been to a bar or club.
>>
>>1154738
I'm from memphis
Lived there for most of my life.
This will not work.
Because of our majority population
>>
>>1155483
Regular person checks IDs.

The customer will pre-set drinking plan. Once the customer has proven they are of legal drinking age. They get a wristband put on them. Every time they serve themselves, a scanner reads the wristband. The wristband is associated with the customer's account made, which makes transactions digitally. The customer can choose to pay cash as well. But the wristband WILL ALWAYS have the customer id on it when in use.

Supply and demand of the drink. Popular beers will have more in storage on tap.

More beer walls.

System was made by professionals that coded there own software for it.
>>
>>1155494
I never said I wanted it in Memphis. Memphis is too saturated.

Would put it in: Southaven, Starkville, or Oxford first before TN.
>>
>>1155482
[email protected]
>>
>>1155512
I could see this working in Oxford
>>
>>1154714
I want to open a shithole bar at the end of the world. Probably somewhere in North Africa?
>>
>>1155510
later you can integrate the drink planner with people's cars to prevent them from driving drunk
>>
>>1155570
tech going to do that anyways.

it is predicated by 2040, no one will be driving their own cars anymore...
Get Ready
>>
>>1154945
Lol they will laugh that out of court during your first dram shop case
>>
>>1155378
Eh, acceptable. Them DSL + glasses though, yes oh yes. If she seems sane, you should try to keep her.
>>
>>1155075
Pretty much this.
>>
File: kaitenzushi02[1].jpg (88 KB, 580x435) Image search: [Google]
kaitenzushi02[1].jpg
88 KB, 580x435
>>1154714
>>1154723
>Taps
Why? People are sloppy, retarded and get drunk. Why would you let them use their own taps? That's like asking a nigger to walk up and start filling a milk carton.

What the west needs is conveyor belt type restaurants, but maybe with some modification. There are already machines that can make hamburgers and other stuff, so your kitchen consists of machines and some staff to look the products over. Other than that, it'd be handy to order beer or liqour to specific seats for a bar setup, and for the booths you could have a system like the special order delivery (jump a minute into the clip if lazy). Combine this with american fast food (made by machines), and beer, and I think you've got a pretty cool concept. No waiter bullshit, no minimum wage "how much do I tip", "did they spit in my food" worries, just clean fast delivery. Payments could be handled before you order, for example you could put your card in and it would then count up the tab for you, subtracting it when you put the code in at the end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R47tfK1dna8
>>
>>1155510
You're overcomplicating this. Just check ID at the door and don't let anyone in who is under 21. No need to go to the trouble of scanning wristbands and shit
>>
>>1155378
how are her bj's, I need to know for statistics research
>>
>>1155159
the future of bars??? some of us actually enjoy the traditional bar feel. furthermore as i've gotten a little older and now have money i enjoy classy places w skilled bartenders that mix quality drinks. watch "hey bartender", it's on netflix.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HUwmDqi2kA
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.