[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
eBay general: give an offer, and they don't respond edition.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 19
File: ebay_logo_gross.jpg (94 KB, 1417x665) Image search: [Google]
ebay_logo_gross.jpg
94 KB, 1417x665
eBay general: give an offer, and they don't respond edition.
>>
>>1154581
Lol story of my life. Or "Buy it Now" and never pay.. Lost like 10 watchers on that deal..

Good news is that I'm a Top Rated seller now
>>
eBay is so full of poorfags.
>>
>still selling on ebay
>10% cut plus paypal fees
>virtually no seller protection

Come on guys this isn't 2003
>>
>>1155624

So what to use to sell?
>>
How many of you do electronics trading, specifically with legacy enterprise-scale devices? I've noticed that a lot of equipment which is heavily depended on by the US government and its contractors has maintained a steady, higher in some cases, resale value. Specifically I am talking about hardware manufactured by IBM and DEC.

How sustainable would it be to refurbish said devices and resell them? I am not too familiar with ebay, but I have a fair amount of technical knowledge I can theoretically use to refurbish the aforementioned devices.
>>
I don't respond to 99% of best offers because it's obvious that they're poojets trying to scam me.

Anyone that tries to undercut the product by ~30% or more can just go fuck themselves.

I used to let merchandise that never moved go for that, but these people always try to scam me with complaints or charge backs. Rather let it sit there then deal with some poo in the loo or chink wasting my time.
>>
File: FUCK.png (14 KB, 997x97) Image search: [Google]
FUCK.png
14 KB, 997x97
How about

>Buyer buys item from country you blocked (eBays shitty glitch)
>Buyer can't complete purchase
>Seller can't cancel because the item is on "Invoice mode"
>Needs me to send invoice so he can pay
>I raise shipping price to $89.99 to scare him away
>He pays anyways

Fuck this shit, watch it get stolen by his turd world customs again.
>>
>>1155690
he is going to try to scam you
>>
>>1155619
I've made a little over $4,000 so far this month.
>>
>>1155911
Net or gross?
>>
Anyone else completely unable to log in to paypal?
Every time I try to log in it says "Sorry, we can't log you in. If you think there's a problem with your account, contact us and we'll help resolve it.".
>>
>>1156113
Net my friend. In fact, made another $600 after I made that post. I charge for shipping so doesn't hurt my bottom line.
>>
>>1156258
Just logged in on my phone. Seems ok
>>
What are you selling that's liquidating so quickly, OP?
>>
>>1156326

"STUFF"

also ffs at all the people saying eBay is a shit.

I've sold $5000 gross in the last 30 days. Sales are top good atm senpai.
>>
>>1156437
ebay IS a shit

when you get your first scammer dickhead you'll see how poorly the return process is handled
you'd be safer accepting cheques from people you've met off craigslist
>>
File: EbaySales.jpg (29 KB, 311x472) Image search: [Google]
EbaySales.jpg
29 KB, 311x472
>>1156848
>Scammer dickhead
Already handled it by staying on top of my returns and cases.

1. Take photos of items before shipping (of them in the box)

2. Get tracking on all items

3. Stay in constant communication with the buyer.

4. Stay in constant communication with eBay

5. ???

6. Profit!

I'm also a top rated seller with 100% positive feedback. Good customer service = best loss prevention
>>
>>1156863
Most scammer dickheads can be dealt with before shipping the item. Had multiple scammers try to buy alienware laptops from me....

Real obvious when he tries to make a deal for multiple laptops and his eBay user ID is found on forums that say he is a scammer.... haha wow...

Thats why I absolutely will not ship to any other country and I make sure buyers know that if they use a shipping service (to get it to a 3rd world country) then they give up most of their buyer protections per ebay policy. If it gets lost on the way to their 3rd world country thats on them since I delivered it to the confirmed address with signature confirmation.

I also wont sell to anyone with less than a year on ebay or with less than 25 feedback.
>>
>>1156880
I sell to anyone since PayPal will give me their real name and address. I only ship abroad with an "As Is" expressed clearly and no electronic parts.

I've blocked 3rd world countries from purchasing my stuff.

Most scammers can be stopped by just putting in some work when selling.
>>
>>1155624

Got something else?
>>
>>1156437

Oh. Enjoy it while it lasts cuck.
>>
>>1156965
Enjoy what while it lasts? Not that anon but I've been averaging $5,000 a month for about 5 months now. And I'm not even trying.
>>
>>1157239
Good for you. Not sarcastic either.

But the collectibles market is trashed unless you're scalping prerelease stuff. It's flooded with people wanting to buy Chinese knockoffs at half off with free shipping. I sell more at amazon (high prices) and ecrater (literally who).
>>
File: Untitled.png (19 KB, 1531x255) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
19 KB, 1531x255
got first negative feedback... exceptionally harsh... what are y'all's experience with bad feedback? did it affect your sales?
>>
File: roastie poastie.png (112 KB, 1193x705) Image search: [Google]
roastie poastie.png
112 KB, 1193x705
>>1157909

>Person had my item for a week
>a week

What happened?

Did USPS not update it or did you really hold it for a week and forgot to ship it?
>>
>>1157929
No tracking activity for a few days after they picked up that day's orders. I notified all affected buyers, assuring them that I'd refund, or otherwise make things right. Buyer gave feedback before the order was within shipping requirements on my end. I think I sent those orders out after 2 business days' shipping, and I set mine for 3.
>>
File: Capture.png (31 KB, 719x587) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
31 KB, 719x587
>>1157942

Damn, yea some people are really just stupid.

What's worse is eBay doesn't understand how shipping isn't controlled by us after it's been picked up. So the chances of you getting that neg removed is 50/50.

Try calling CS saying there was a snow storm or some bs

>tfw lost my top rated because of 0.03%
>>
>>1157949
i like it. i wouldn't get creative like this unless i thought the guy was being unreasonable. he got his free shit. he played me and ebay. and now i have no problem fighting fire with fire. thanks
>>
File: 1458404219989.jpg (112 KB, 600x801) Image search: [Google]
1458404219989.jpg
112 KB, 600x801
>>1157967

When on eBay, always fight fire with snow.

Also
1. Never make the rep feel stupid
(they note your acc & tell other reps not to help you)
2. Never admit fault to a buyer, always blame some uncontrolled person(s)
(USPS/Other eBay reps/Nature/etc)
3. Always start a call on mute
(These days, you may get the same rep you just argued with 10min ago)
>>
To all online seller, what nets you the most money? Or rather, what sells the most? Do you sell used or new? What kind of markup do you apply?

I'm looking for a side business and I've sold some personal things on ebay before. I need to know where to take things to raise my day to day income.
>>
>>1157994
good advice. thank you.
>>
>>1157949
50/50 is worth a shot. thank you
>>
>tfw below standard and can't sell anything just because I cancelled 5 orders in the last year

that's what I get for selling on multiple sites I guess, wake up in the morning and see some shit has sold twice
>>
>>1157994

>1. Never make the rep feel stupid
(they note your acc & tell other reps not to help you)

Wut, why? Define "stupid" Do they seriously note your account permanently?
>3. Always start a call on mute

Just so you can hang up if it's the same rep?

>>1158001

That's for you to find out, the sky is the limit :3
>>1158051

rip, this kills the account.
>>
Guys I ran into a shitty seller.
He sold me the wrong fitting bike stands.
any way he wants it returned for a refund how can I fake tracking so I get my refund but don't send him his item?
>>
File: 50335_124721064983_2252_n.jpg (13 KB, 200x160) Image search: [Google]
50335_124721064983_2252_n.jpg
13 KB, 200x160
>>1158219
Start a return request, use buyer protection. Don't fuck around, eBay will ban you.
ffs guys don't sell PAPER CURRENCY on eBay.

>Sell $100 bill to some faggot in Vegas like a complete retard.
>Everything went fine.
>Profit $3 or some shit.
>Today, 70+ days later, I get a PayPal chargeback email

FOR FUCK SAKES THIS SHIT PISSES ME OFF.

>Report to ic3.gov, and USPIS, and eBay, and badbuyerslist.

I'm sure I'll get my money back within 2 weeks :3

mfw this whole thing
>>
>>1158231
So fake it how?
>>
>>1158232
Why do you need to fake it? That's mail fraud and is a felony.

Fuck off and start a return request you retard.
>>
>>1158234

>Fuck off and start a return request you retard.
I ALREADY HAVE ONE FUCK JUST TELL ME HOW TO NOT SEND THE ITEM BACK SO I CAN KEEP IT AND GET MY MONEY BACK FAGGOT
>>
>>1158234
also i dont live in the US fuckbag
>>
You are asking me how to do illegal stupid bullshit, this is a den of sellers, hopefully mostly legit.

We don't care about your stupid chink shit bike part scam.
>>
>>1158239
>>1158239
>You are asking me how to do illegal stupid bullshit, this is a den of sellers, hopefully mostly legit.

Oh sorry thought I was on 4chan, not cuckedfaggots.org
Continue on with your love of black dick sir.
>>
>>1154581
How does /biz/ deal with complaints?

I sold 25 of something for $100 ea, (about 55% of trending price) because they were as-is. The customer complained, and eBay snatched the $2500 out of my paypal account.

Ebay's argument was that even though the listing showed as-is, the items were tagged as used, and not broken / for parts only

That part is fine. I was able to re-sell them somewhere else not ebay for $100 each.

The problem is now eBay wants their $250 sold item fee. I'm flat refusing to pay it, but is there something else I can do?
>>
File: Mandingo.png (570 KB, 1059x690) Image search: [Google]
Mandingo.png
570 KB, 1059x690
>>1158241

>2000 + 16
>Not a slave to BBC

Pleb
>>
> Been selling on Ebay for 10 years
> Not a single issue
> Last month I sold a car part, $100 item, $50 shipping
> Customer emails me a week later TELLING ME HE ACCIDENTLY BOUGHT THE WRONG PART
> Asks to return it

Me: Sure but I'm not returning your $50 shipping fee

> He gets pissed and issues a refund request
> I deny it
> He opens a case, and says the item is damaged

Ebay sides with him. EVEN AFTER I FUCKING PROVIDED EBAY WITH A COPY OF THE EMAIL WHERE HE TELLS ME HE BOUGHT THE WRONG PART. Holy fucking shit, this single incident has made me so angry I may not sell on Ebay ever again.
>>
>>1158264

Technicalities kill the cat.

Make sure to list as for parts & not working.. it sucks, but gg. eBay works best for what you are selling.

>>1158277
Call into eBay and appeal the case, speak to an American, insist on being transferred to supervisor. Buyer started fraudulent case, and violated eBay policy. Tell them this, they will review.

Good luck.
>>
>>1158294

Thanks man, I'm going to.

As an added bonus, I have not gotten the part yet, but I'm 90% the buyer broke it by trying to force it onto the wrong type of automobile.

> speak to an American
YES. Like holy fuck, how can Ebay have so much money and transactions at stake and they farm the process out to India. Their English isn't bad, but there is so much they cannot understand over the phone, and they don't fucking sympathize. I fuckin hate talking to these people.

> "I'm very sorry for this mistake sir"
> monotone voice
>>
>>1158299
If you don't get the part then they side in your favor.
>>
>>1158299
>there is so much they cannot understand
There is no "over the phone" about it. They're shitskins. Dumb as rocks.
>>
>>1158231
>Call PayPal.
>Had closed out in my favor within 5 MINUTES.

feelsguud to be a top customer.
>>
>>1157239
What do you even sell?
>>
>>1157239

is ebay really this profitable? or did you just forget to deduct your expenses?

>mfw buying shit for 4500$
>mfw selling it for 5k$
>durr pulling 5k per month boys
>>
File: sorry2.jpg (79 KB, 767x540) Image search: [Google]
sorry2.jpg
79 KB, 767x540
>tfw forgot to change the bid to buy it now only
>tfw got 9 offers for ever buy it now sale
>tfw did not respond to a single person offering

I made £20 profit anyway so its not that bad.
>>
>>1159098
He's full of shit
>>
>>1159104
it's more fun to send them back shitty offers like 1 cent below your asking price
>>
File: jeb.jpg (71 KB, 830x553) Image search: [Google]
jeb.jpg
71 KB, 830x553
Can't seem to sell anything on Ebay have only started this week, getting no real hits on my products. Really trying to think of a niche product I could sell.
>>
>>1159347
I've heard that the refurbished novelty dildo market is really going off right now
>>
>>1159347
Man, try doing it for four years and not really having made much progress. I keep thinking things will turn around. I get one good month, then two super poorfag months, wash, rinse, repeat.
>>
>trying to sell simple pair of running shoes i bought new on ebay that were too small for $40
>first person that buy for $75 has 0 feedback, then says "hurr i dont know how ebay work ill pay for $30 for them"
>offer second chance offers to both people who bid over $70
>neither respond
>relist it
>someone with15 feedback bids with 5 minutes left for $65, never pays, never responds to case against him

never had this happen before
>never pays, never responds
>>
File: .jpg (26 KB, 644x429) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
26 KB, 644x429
>>1159598

>Never had this problem before

You mean before eBay became shit?

Used to be the buyer wasn't right until they could prove it, now it's the opposite.

Donahue ruined eBay, heck they even had to pay him to leave & move to Paypal, now Paypal is shit.
>>
are you guys talking about as a buyer, or as a seller? because i don't sell much on ebay but love it as a buyer. i have gotten plenty of great deals and i pretty much search everything on ebay first before i buy it
>>
>>1159629
99% selling. Its great for buying, but you tread on some mighty fine ice a lot as a buyer. I've been selling for 3 years now, just started Amazon November or December I think. Just got my scanner so finding items for FBA is super easy and fast.
>>
>>1155644

Why do you enable best offers if you don't like the concept of it?
>>
>>1159718
What's FBA?
>>
>>1159405
If you make even $50 a month you're doing awesome
It's pretty much free money.
>>
>>1158237
>I'm too stupid to do a simple scam
>I'm too stupid to find the right people to ask for help,
lol, as long as people are this stupid, I can't not be rich.
>>
>>1159818
Amazon FBA. Fulfillment By Amazon. You send in you items after labeling them and Amazon ships them out for you. Often much higher prices because of the Prime 2 Day shipping.
I'll tell you what though there is much less human seller support than even eBay. Ebay sellers can gripe all they want its nothing to what amazon and buyers there can do to you.
>>
Guys, i'm thinking about starting to sell on Ebay.

My idea is to sell food products (cans, etc) of my country because:

a) i live in a country with a lot of niche quality stuff;
b) really big community of emigrants in a lot of countries.

I see some people already doing this, but do you think it's still viable? Any advice?
>>
>>1159728
There's Best Offer and then there's Super Poorfag Prank Call Offer. That said, I dumped it years ago and only use it for the occasional oddball expensive piece that I have some leeway on. Even if it doesn't sell, I get a hearty chuckle out of poorfags that are OUTRAGED that some limited exclusive from 10 years ago costs more than a used diaper today.
>>
I sell pretty high value items (I think my average sale is ~$150). I haven't gotten scammed yet, but what's the best way to cover your ass in terms of buyers filing false 'received different item' or 'received damaged item' cases?

Before I ship an item out, I photograph my items outside of the box, then wrapped, then wrapped inside of the box, then the sealed box with shipping label. Is this good enough?
>>
How do you even start on ebay as a business and not just as a hobby?
>>
>>1157239
you know people that lie always use the same number over again . nice projection. enjoy your food coupons
>>
>>1155690
What is he trying to buy that's worth $90 shipping?
>>
>>1156316
what do you sell
>>
>>1161654

Someone always fucks up the eBay thread by estatting never showing proof of any kind and making it look like they flawlessly make Shit tons of cash. Either it is an eBay shill or that weird Nigerian guy that claimed to be a whiz then got exposed as hocking fake cell phone cases or whatever. If you are making 5 grand monthly you are probably in 100+K deep just saying.
>>
>>1159718
Why did you have to get a scanner for FBA? Aren't you just printing labels and shipping them to one of their warehouses?
>>
File: ....gif (1 MB, 446x469) Image search: [Google]
....gif
1 MB, 446x469
>>1161674

>that weird Nigerian guy that claimed to be a whiz then got exposed as hocking fake cell phone cases or whatever.

There's about three legitimate /biz/ness ebay sellers in these types of threads, two of them have dynamic IP addresses.
>>
File: Triggered.png (38 KB, 339x288) Image search: [Google]
Triggered.png
38 KB, 339x288
and if you're guessing, I'm "that Nigerian guy" that sells mouse pads and unlock cards..."or whatever". It's easy to sell on eBay, anyone that says otherwise is just lazy.
>>
File: Capture.png (212 KB, 606x673) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
212 KB, 606x673
>>1160385

You're either about to feed a ton of homeless people (Buyer: "The can was empty"), or end up with expired goods.

Unless you're selling "niche" shit like Canned Bacon or a whole chicken in a can (for the luls), it's going to waste your time.

>>1161685
Scanning the items and throwing them into a box is easier than typing each out. Amazon needs to know what you're sending so if anything goes missing you can't blame them.
>>
>0 feedback buyer gives negative feedback and demands a return request in the same day
>the item sold was a vintage Casio watch being sold for parts
>sends a message written with vitriol and a bad attitude, calls me a scammer and a crook
>look up the buyer online, just to see what kind of person I'm dealing with
>the guy's an MIT grad in materials science, working within a position in the aerospace industry that would make him at least $250k/year
>I am but a lowly scrub making supplemental income from this hobby
>do more internet creeping on this dude, go to his Linkedin and found out that he is the recipient of several prestigious awards handed by the likes of MIT and Caltech
>also recipient of Engelberger Award, kind of like a Nobel Prize for robotics
>realize I am nowhere near the calibre of this guy
>begin to wonder what this top-tier guy was doing buying a semi-broken Casio watch for parts at 4 in the morning, his time
>this was an $8 listing, with free shipping that was destined to be put in a junk lot anyway
>begin to wonder if this is some scammer using this man's name and identity, do some further research
>it's not, this is the man himself
>come to realize that everybody--big and small, rich or poor, smart or dumb--has their own kind of mean streak
>this MIT literal genius has the tendency to lay the smackdown on the most minor of infractions
>and then realize that **how one does anything is how he does EVERYTHING**
>discern that this must be the life principle that brought this man to the top
>vow to myself that I will apply the same principle, striving to apply a high degree of care and precision in everything I do

tldr: got a buyer with a bad attitude, did some homework, realized that he was a literal genius, and then learned a valuable life lesson

not even mad
>>
>>1161750

I like to look up who buys my lewd items, makes me laugh when it's not who I'd expect.
>>
>>1161717
hi 99.9%,
just how many freaking mousepad are you going to list? It's been just a week since I went to check on your products and now it's 90% mpads..
>>
>>1161750

send an email to his boss that he is a lying thief , worded nicely . make him pay , if he steal a cheap casio from you , what do you think he does at work ? dont wait for karma BE karma
>>
>>1161674

> If you are making 5 grand monthly you are probably in 100+K deep just saying.

Does that include expenses? Or is that profit?
>>
>>1161778
I made a listing with iPhone-tier camera shots of the watch. I explicity stated that the watch wasn't working, but I did not mention the scratches on the case back. I mentioned the functional glitches, but I did not explicitly state the cosmetic details.

The buyer complained about these scratches, stating that they weren't visible in the photos. To be fair, I took two shitty shots of the watch. I just didn't care about this listing.

Technicalities killed the cat.

So what do I lose? $8 + return shipping? Whoopty-do. I won't make a goddamned mountain of a molehill.

I'm selective about the fucks I give. I choose not to give a fuck about this case.
>>
>>1158219
>>1158237

people like you is what makes the world a shitty place
>>
>>1161788
yeah if its scratched then good chance buyer will complain, i always take macro shots if something is really bad scratched . taking pics is my least favourite part of listening

>>1161717
i had 5 auctions that ended yesterday , nobody paid till now
>>
File: FegEx.png (67 KB, 729x953) Image search: [Google]
FegEx.png
67 KB, 729x953
>>1161769

Bought some more, sold a ton before they even arrived. FedEx took fucking forever to deliver my 2-3 day order oh because "The plane was too full", which is why I lost my Top Rated for last month. >>1157949

Finding out which ones people like the most
lol prob shouldn't have made so many memes...

>>1161802
That's why I hate auctions
>>
>>1161983
nobody was buying at buy it now and price was really reasonable

wait you dropshipp them or order them to you then you send it to customers ?

now i got some fucker who bought a recipe a month ago claiming he didnt received it . i already left him feedback he didnt , mtf is doing this for 15 cents

what can i do ?
>>
File: meme_artist.png (32 KB, 828x601) Image search: [Google]
meme_artist.png
32 KB, 828x601
>>1162009

>wait you dropshipp them or order them to you then you send it to customers ?

I pay artists to draw for me, then I send them over to China to be made, then sell to customers when I receive.

>recipe book
lol .15c? Wtf

If it shows delivered on the tracking then he's SOL. All you have to do is call eBay to win any case or have any feedback removed. Now if you didn't add a tracking...you're fucked. always add tracking...
>>
>>1162011
no tracking :( , its not a book its online , i resent it as an ebay msg . and its as everything else , wont ebay side with me ?
>>
File: How to sell digital media.png (275 KB, 1060x764) Image search: [Google]
How to sell digital media.png
275 KB, 1060x764
>>1162027

>Sold digital copy of book
You're just asking for trouble, they won't even listen to you. He can claim the code doesn't work or it's been used, etc etc. eBay won't really bother looking into it and Paypal will just laugh.

Pic related is how people sell digital media these days, you have to sell something physical w/no returns. THEN you can say the digital media is a gift with the "paperclip".
Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.