[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>http://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti cles/2016-03-20/roger
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: -1x-1.jpg (807 KB, 2200x1467) Image search: [Google]
-1x-1.jpg
807 KB, 2200x1467
>http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-03-20/roger-agnelli-who-transformed-miner-vale-dies-in-plane-crash
If you ever become a billionaire /biz/ don't fly private in single engine turboprop.
It's like the number one cause of deaths of billionaire families.
>>
>>1154231
It does actually surprise me how often they are killed off by small shitty planes, you'd think they would fly everywhere in private jets or fully kitted out helicopters
>>
>>1154235
Planes are crazy expensive. It costs $100k for a super shitty used Cessna.
>>
>>1154235
Any source on what plane was it?

Also,
>Don't sell your soul to the devil
>>
>>1154243
Sorta. My grandpa can build kit aircraft for lower than 20 grand, and one of his broke, but he can fly it now.
>>
>>1154231
>single engine
How did they even become billionaires?
>>
>>1154235
Helicopters are even worse.
>>
>>1154243
You can blame the lawyers for that. Light aircraft used to be fairly affordable up through the '70s, then lawyers figured out that even in clear cases of pilot error (like pilot takes plane out in heavy fog & crashes into the side of a mountain), if you bring a sobbing family in front of a jury they will find that the crash occurred to a manufacturing defect and grant the family (and lawyer) millions.

It nearly killed said aircraft makers, and while they got some legal protection in the early '90s with the General Aviation Revitalization Act, they still have to have stupid amounts of liability insurance for each aircraft they sell. To give an example, when it was brand new in 1956, the Cessna 172 cost $8995, which is $80k in current dollars. Today's slightly modernized version will cost you $275k just for the base model.
>>
File: knowledge.png (248 KB, 615x447) Image search: [Google]
knowledge.png
248 KB, 615x447
>>1154569
>>
>>1154569
Quality post 2bh
>>
>>1154569

that's fucking insane and interest af. thanks for sharing.
>>
How much would an used 4-5 seats heli cost?
>>
>>1154231
STOP FUCKING GREENTEXTING LINKS
>>
>>1154231
Oh ok thanks
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.