[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, what're the best /biz/ related computer skills to learn
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
So, what're the best /biz/ related computer skills to learn that are useful for anything /biz/ related?:

1. Python
2. Excel
3. ???
>>
FASM, C++, Python and Go
>>
>>1154166
>FASM
>C++
>Go
Kind of redundant to learn that many. Python is more than enough.
>>
Python, Visual Basic, SQL

Most useful for /biz/ jobs
>>
>>1154159
A lot of people skip over html/css/SEO but there's a lot of money to be had just in basic web design and maintenance.
>>
SQL is probably the top technical skill that a business analyst needs to know
>>
>>1154207
Thread is about useful /biz/ skills.
If you know html/css/SEO then might as well work as web dev, which is not very /biz/like. That's wageslave way.
>>1154201
>>1154212
SQL is actually a good idea.
>>
>>1154226

the majority of business applications are web applications. if you're learning python it will usually be things that interact with web pages. you pretty much need html and css no matter what you're doing, they're very simple anyway
>>
>>1154207

What concrete job titles can you obtain by learning html/css/SEO?

E.g.: Junior Analayst
Senior Analyst

Thanks!
>>
>>1154226
Yeah I forgot SEO/html/CSS

But if you really want to be /biz/ techsavy then learn basic web development, python and SQL. You'll be set for just about anything.
>>
>>1154226
>If you know html/css/SEO then might as well work as web dev, which is not very /biz/like. That's wageslave way.

I make between 6+ thousand a month doing web development. That's "wageslave" way?

>>1154236
>concrete job title

Well, when you start your own company you can pick you own title.
>>
How do you learn Excel? I know all the basics, but I want to become an advanced user. What are some good resources?
>>
>>1154195
Python is slow and shitty

It's only good as a scripting language
>>
>>1154927
>Python is slow and shitty
>>
>>1154957
>He thinks it is not slow

Look at any benchmarks you retard

C/C++ code executes dozens of times faster
>>
>>1154958
Statement-Moses got mad
>>
>>1154958
ITT: People who read some shit a neckbeard said and saw a chart, not knowing its pretty speedy in a practical sense.
>>
>>1154166
>>1154927
>>1154958
>I learned about finance from /g/
>>
>>1154998
>Chart a neckbeard wrote

BENCHMARKS YOU FUCKING RETARD
>>
File: images.png (8 KB, 224x224) Image search: [Google]
images.png
8 KB, 224x224
>>1155052
>Neckbeard is irritable and shitty
>>
>>1155245
>I'm going to say something false then call you a neckbeard for correcting it

Ok
>>
>>1154159
Python, Excel, R, SQL
>>
>>1154958
Out of interest, what sort of code are you writing where the execution speed gained by using a compiled language like C/C++ outweighs the development speed gained by using an interpreted language like Python/Ruby?
>>
>>1154159
>Shell scripting for whatever system you're on
>Python
>Excel
That's basically it unless you're making software.
>>
>>1154921
Excel is extremely useful -- universally prevalent in the finance and management organizations of all companies.

To get good at Excel, try and use it to do difficult things.

Learn how functions like vlookup, index-match, sumifs, and array formulas all work.

Learn how to parse strings of text using left, right, len, search-- try and take the middle 3 digits of a phone number, for example.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.