[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
AUSBIZ ASX/NZX Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 11
File: neverdogyahmates.jpg (6 KB, 250x171) Image search: [Google]
neverdogyahmates.jpg
6 KB, 250x171
Welcome to the AUSBIZ general thread.

Whats are everyone plays this week? I exited from Qantas last week for a 33% profit for the year which was very nice and I see A2M and BAL are on the way back up.

Aussie $ is up at 0.76 US which is a 9 month high.
>>
Thinking about exiting czz to free up some capital.
>>
>>1153990

How much are you up on CZZ? Thats wish I'd bought in at $8 when I was watching them.
>>
Bumping due to coiners
>>
>ARI
>RAP
>PSF

which should I invest in for maximum gains?
>>
>>1154589
I was holding PSF today. Up about 30% - thanks Aus biz!
It's probably going to drop in the next few days, but I'll hold for another day and decide then.

I also hold RAP, which is down, probably a good-ish time to buy. Although it doesn't sound like the company is going to release any news for the next month or so. I'm not expecting the same volatility we've seen in the past couple of weeks anytime soon.

I don't know shit about ARI.

Anyway RAP and PSF - I like them because they are volatile af. For maximum gains in the long term they face a bit of uncertainty. I hate the idea that all cash raised is just a research or exploration expense. But for price fluctuations I like both - would probs buy RAP if I was in your shoes tobehonest.
>>
>>1154614
Thanks for your advice, was considering RAP but it seems for the next month and a bit there won't be much action like you said - Thinking of investing in something in the mean time then get in on RAP during the 2nd half of the year when it seems like if the announcements are positive it'll start rocketing up.
>>
About to spread 15k across BOQ BEN and AGL
>>
>>1154622
No worries, at the end of the day go with your gut. Is there any reason you're looking at those three stocks specifically?

I have a fantasy portfolio, tracking the stocks I would buy if I had more free cash. I track where the leads come from and the date at which I would have bought. In previous threads ACL and PLS were mentioned, so I added them to my tracker and they're up 15 and 4% respectively from when I hypothetically bought them last week. For cheap, volatile stocks you should take a look.
>>
>>1153982
So as an 18 year old fascinated by stocks with 5,000 in the bank should I consider stocks? I am currently studying but was wondering whether it be worthwhile? I understand I won't make a fortune but if I can just grow my capital just a bit and learn on the way?

Also any books to start learning and what app to use?
>>
>>1154691
best way is to just jump in. just dont be silly and put all your stock in one basket.

a mate told me that south32 was a good buy about 8? or so weeks ago. the stock immediately went down. lol
but its since rebounded considerably and ive made 30 odd percent return. they are a resource stock (no iron ore) and once the economy picks up they should give you a really good return.
another stock im holding is cash converters.
they were in a fair bit of trouble a while back due to a class action lawsuit. their stock plummeted and hasn't really recovered. but they're still making profits and still returning dividends. the stock should be around 80c but is currently floating around 55 cents. with the economy doing poorly, their loan books/profits should be soaring.
>>
>>1154712
Thanks but anything to learn, and how much does it cost to set one up? And what are these abbreviations like NSQX or whatever BRS
>>
>>1153982
Can any of you fx heroes tell a new guy why in the fuck did burgercoin drop so hard a few days ago?
How can I read drops like that in the candles before they happen?
>>
>>1154715
join commsec. im pretty sure you can get 20 free trades if you are a new member. otherwise its $30 a trade
>>
>>1154717
stay away from those crypto currencies. they're bad news. there's always some shill pumping the newest and latest coin on biz.
>>
>>1154722
I wasn't talking about crypto. I was talking about the USD.
>>
>>1154718
Two things; where can I learn more about stock market/books and would finance help? Second, do they charge if I want to buy stock and if I sell stock $30?

Also can I sell my stock for cash when I want to?
>>
>>1154725
hahaha. sorry, i thought burgercoin was a crypto. good name for one though....
basically, the us kept their interest rates on hold

>>1154726
join commsec. its free. deposit money into a commonwealth bank account and start trading. normally its 30 dollars a trade but you can get 20 trades free. once the stock is sold it should be available in your commonwealth account.
>>
>>1154726
google 'commsec free trades'
>>
>>1154630

BOQ, Why? I've been sitting on them for about 12 months now. Was thinking of selling up on the 7% i've made

>>1154691
Save some more, Learn to budget first mate and once you've got a little nest egg going go into a managed fund or fuck around like us retards. But I heavily suggest you save another 5-10k first.

>>1154715
Comsec is free you get like 8 free trades in the first 90 days or something. After that its a flat $20 to buy/sell

>>1154717
burgercoin is down as the because of this
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-03-17/us-federal-reserve-scales-back-its-rate-rises/7253820

>>1154726
Join audible on a free trail from like a good podcaster so they get a cut and listen to http://www.audible.com.au/pd/Business/The-Intelligent-Investor-Audiobook/B00FPRISAM
>>
>>1154745
>>1154743
>>1154739
Cheers
>>
File: 1455881923247.png (281 KB, 411x428) Image search: [Google]
1455881923247.png
281 KB, 411x428
hey aus /biz/. As one of you faggots suggested, I opened a commsec account. I've currently got 20k in a long term deposit at 2.50% with Bendigo bank. and roughly 10k in savings. What should I do now? I've got 2 more months til my 20k clears and you're saying I only have 90 days to make free trades. Am I fucked?
>>
>>1154771

Just use the savings for now. Sign up to ING I can give you a referal code so you get a free $75 for opening account that'll match your long term deposit.

I'd highly recommend learning about shares and investing first. Maybe look at a managed fund and throw 2k at a YOLO stock every now and then.
>>
>>1154771

ingdirect.com.au/refer

Friend code:EEA835

Should get $75 just for opening a bank account with ING

Earn up to 3.50%p.a. variable interest
>>
>>1154771

go out there and trade.

you can earn much more then 3.5% just in dividends on cash converters stock alone.

your return on $10,000 will only be $350 at the end of the year.

if you throw 10k at ccv (cash converters) you should have that same amount in dividends by the end of april.

risk vs reward

>>1154789
no risk
>>
>>1153994
I was swing trading them, so i am not actually too sure. It's not real money i just play on a simulator at the moment. Hopefully next year I will have my house fully paid off then i will start back in the stockmarket. I am trying to hone my skills and use the new knoweldge from uni i am learing at the moment, test my theories with a simulator then try them out with real money.
>>
>>1154822
Sorry just to clarify, i am up about 23% I think.

Also what do you guys think about investing in the healthcare sector? As the population is ageing, I think this is an area of ecconomic expansion in the long term. Although the ship may have sailed already?
>>
>>1153982
I exited WBC for a tidy 17% gain earlier this week, now have gone into NAB and GFY.

GFY is an interesting one, got a good corner of the market, is a small priced share and returns a reasonable dividend. At a very low price compared to what it floated at, and a few cents up makes a very reasonable increase. Who knew that vacuum cleaners could be such good business?
>>
Fuck me sideways, lots of people around trading forums are saying 88e could hit the $1+ mark. Bullshit or nah?
>>
>>1154823
I thought Healthcare was going to kill it last year, and everyone was talking about how trendy ETFs were and diversification. I bought this ETF IXJ, tracking healthcare with exposure to US and Canada mainly thinking it was very safe. It's probably the most cancerous thing in my portfolio. I'm trying to get rid of it after a 21% loss for the previous year.

Sure I've got RAP and MMJ but they're because I like the companies themselves, I got burned by healthcare and wouldn't go back.

>>1154881
I don't see it happening anytime soon. It would be an understatement to say that a 1300% return is an ambitious forecast.
>>1154822
Which uni are you at?
>>
>>1154891
Deakin studying an mba online. I have no undergrad though, I got in through recognition of industry expirence.
>>
File: 1457044070715.gif (1 MB, 680x849) Image search: [Google]
1457044070715.gif
1 MB, 680x849
TPM up 6% this morning on earnings results.

To think I started this when I bought IINET stock and 6 months later the take over was announced.
>>
I'm 10k USD short RIO right now.

I made a lot of money from 45 to 32, and then 35 to 27. In now at 29, hoping to cash out once iron ore hits mid thirties toward the end of this summer. Will double down if it pops above 33. This is on the NYSE of course.
>>
Holding PSF and RAP.

Promising day for the former.
>>
>>1155780
Oh yeah, what's your career background?
I'm studying at Melbourne at the moment. Fuming that I can't do the course online.

>>1155927
Assuming you're a retail investor here, where and how are you shorting stocks? And how can you do it in foreign currency?
On CommSec I think I can only be long on the ASX. I've used ETFs to get international exposure.
>>
>>1156482
How old are you and what are you studying? How did you get in at Melbourne? I study at Deakin Geelong. I feel like a dumbarse.
>>
File: 1401765940017.png (307 KB, 588x981) Image search: [Google]
1401765940017.png
307 KB, 588x981
>>1153982
>Whats are everyone plays this week?

I only have plays this decade.
>>
>>1156509
22 yo. I Just did well at VCE but really regretting choosing a uni based on prestige alone. Should've done a double degree at Deakin or Monash. Although 9 hours a week at uni means I get heaps of time to work and fuck around with stocks.

Don't feel dumb. At the end of the day I suspect all the universities teach the same shit, some just use their reputations to squeeze money out of students - especially internationals.
>>
>>1156509
studying Bachelor of Commerce- accounting & finance major.
>>
Im going short of emu supply businesses but taking a long position on drop bears
>>
Complete trading noob here. How do I choose a stock to invest in? When should you buy and when should you sell?
>>
>>1156703
BUY LOW SELL HIGH
>>
>>1156482
I am an electrician by trade, but working as a supervisor for the last 6 years, I got a cert 4 in frontline management and a cert 4 in training and assessing then applied for direct entry with industry expirence. Honestly the cert 4's are a joke. Just a two week course where they tick you off and give you rpl because you have "industry expirence". The online mba is very well done. I went to uni and never finished when I was younger and this is far more tailored to someone who works. You can pause and rewind lectures and really absorb things.
>>
New to trading, working in a shit part time job along with study uni. I want to get into trading to earn a bit extra money and experience on the way. How much should I save up to break into trading and be comfortavle in it, I will read and study some of the books/info that been recommended while saving up.
>>
File: 5-atlas_and_the_hesperides-huge.jpg (877 KB, 2179x2249) Image search: [Google]
5-atlas_and_the_hesperides-huge.jpg
877 KB, 2179x2249
>>1157761

As I've said before trading is like gambling. I'd get a decent safety net together first before considering jumping into this. I saved up 70k and decided to throw 20k into trading 12 months ago. I'm overall 8% down on my portfolio but its been an amazing learning experience.

Set yourself a goal at 10k or something and then save another 2k to throw at a stock if you can justify the possible lose. Only bet what you are possibly prepared to lose.
>>
File: 1452259038883.jpg (46 KB, 513x640) Image search: [Google]
1452259038883.jpg
46 KB, 513x640
>>1156482
>RIO
Scottrade, Margin Account, RIO ADR is traded on the NYSE. Same thing with BHP and VALE. Lots of companies have ADR's.
>>
File: resapp.png (4 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
resapp.png
4 KB, 225x225
>>1154614
>>1154622
There is a major RAP ANN due out any day now. RAP management always stick to their promises and they have promised adult trial results by the end of Q1 ( a couple of days )

RAP is an absolute winner and definitely a long term keeper. They are well on the way to securing FDA approval with the help of a company with a 99% success rate at getting products approved. So far every trail result announcment has been amazing with accuracy rates around 95%+. To be honest you don't know what you are talking about
>>
File: 1437860815866.jpg (734 KB, 692x880) Image search: [Google]
1437860815866.jpg
734 KB, 692x880
>>1153982
STRAYA CUNT
T
R
A
Y
A

C
U
N
T

Fuck them chinks up the arse, straya is for strayans!
>>
File: eq.png (5 KB, 212x119) Image search: [Google]
eq.png
5 KB, 212x119
How much is too much when it comes to investing equity in your first home?
>>
>>1158267
I don't doubt that RAP is a winner at all. When it comes to making a decision to buy in the next few days though I think you can afford to wait a bit. I was under the impression that results for the adult study would be out in Q2.
>>
I'll buy into 88e again today if it hangs around 0.073-0.076
>>
File: 1435881754871.jpg (831 KB, 2250x2773) Image search: [Google]
1435881754871.jpg
831 KB, 2250x2773
Stay away from Financials.

BOQ down almost 5% which was the gains I'd made back. NAB down 3.5%.

I'm seriously wishing I'd never bought them even though their DIV is great.
>>
Anyone lose majorly on wpl?
>>
>>1158363
Sorry you are correct. Adult trials are q2. It's the updated paediatric results that are due q1. Since they didn't come out today I'm guessing it will be Tuesday release.
>>
What can you do with 500aud
>>
>>1159732
Thats the minimum trade on comms3c
>>
>>1159737
Keep saving up or throw it into something for shit and giggles?
>>
>>1159779
Buy RAP
>>
File: idk.png (434 KB, 571x540) Image search: [Google]
idk.png
434 KB, 571x540
>>1159693
No worries.
So what do you reckon share price will be by the time Resapp hits the market? I'm hesitant to assign a value - don't want to count my chickens before they hatch.

>>1159606
How much did you lose? if it's any consolation ANZ has bled me out 22% since last year- learnt this >>1159382 the hard way.

>>1158075
Thanks, I'll look into the ADRs available to me. I'd like to trade foreign stocks, particularly those that are traded on the ASX the day before.

Is there anyway I can get on the London stock exchange and trade 88e as an Aussie? It'd be like knowing the future.
>>
>>1159920
ADR stands for American Depository Receipt but I bet the ASX has a similar product.
>>
>>1160274
Oh I thought the product was called an American Depository Receipt like you can have an "American" option and a "European" option...

Also, guys, does anyone have an idea of when Robinhood is coming to AUS?
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.