[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
INTERVIEW FOR DREAM JOB!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: vXVhzl6.jpg (773 KB, 2222x2617) Image search: [Google]
vXVhzl6.jpg
773 KB, 2222x2617
Ok /biz/ so I just got an interview at Costco. I would make $15 to push carts and after a few years I could make $25 per hour. It really is a fucking awesome job.

The problem is I am really nervous about the interview and don't want to mess it up. What should I do to prepare for the interview and what questions are usually asked. What should I say when they ask why I want to work at costco? Its about the money but I probably shouldn't say that right?

Anybody here ever worked at costco before? Thanks!
>>
>>1153767
The single most important thing you can do for a job interview is have questions for them as well.
>>
>>1153767
There are really only three things you need to do to ace any interview ever.

1.) Dress professional. For a retail position, you don't need to go all out with a suit, but wear ironed pants and a button down shirt with a matching tie. It not only shows them that you care enough to look good to get the position, but I find it helps myself as well where the better I dress, the more focused I am and helps to get myself in the right state of mind.

2.) Know as much as you can about the company, and about the job that you're applying for in advance. You want to be able to show them that you cared enough to do research into the position and company.

3.) What >>1153778 said. Think of three questions that you will ask them at the end of the interview. This part is to just show them that you are engaged, and have interest in what you will be doing. Nobody likes a yes-man.

Finally, something that really helps me before I do any type of interview or training for a client, or public speaking: It is normal to get nervous.

Let me repeat that.

It is normal to be nervous. Your GOAL however, is to pretend that you aren't. For the possibly hour or two that you'll be in the interview, you are an actor. You are here to get a job, you know that you can get the job, and you are going to tell them why you know you can do the job. And not just that you can do the job, but the reason that you think you will be able to help the company by getting hired. Your skill will be valuable to them, and your determination will enable you to work hard.

You want to work there because Costco seems like a great place, and your experience in whatever you did before this, or whatever in your life, will help you excel. You feel that not only will this position provide you with a great learning experience that you'll be able to quickly pick up, but you'll also be able to give the company value because you have an interest in sticking with this for the long-term.
>>
File: Untitled.png (759 KB, 1445x740) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
759 KB, 1445x740
>>1153767
Tell them that a relative works at sams club and you understand how well costco takes care of their employees.

ENHANCE
>>
>>1153767
>dream job
yikes
>>1153778
this
>>
Its costco OP no sweat.

The manager's only problems are filling shifts, with people who are responsive.

1) You take pride in your work and work hard
2) You value your's and other people's time, so you communicate well, work fast and are punctual.
3) You understand the manager's needs, You'll pick up some bad shifts but you've got to get some good shifts too. You'll come in ready to work, no bitching griping, and you only need to be told things once.
4) you won't scare the customers and will play nice with the other employees.

Say all of the above explicitly and in story form. You too can be part of the costco family.

Unless you're up against a ton of old people with years of retail experience.

http://dropcanvas.com/zpf5p

please download How to find your dreamjob
links in triplemaximumwageslave file
>>
>>1153879
it truly is the best job I could have living in a shitty midwest town with no education or skills. >>1153884
what should I say if they ask me what my weakness is?
>>
>>1153933
Sometimes I work too hard and over do it. This one time, I almost overslept b/c I did too many double shifts back to back.
>>
>>1153939
lol thanks thats funny but ill probably use it
>>
1) www.glassdoor.com
2) search for costco under companies
3) open costco's page and select the "interviews" tab
4) find the job you're interviewing for (and similar jobs) and read what people wrote about the interviews. some people even write what they were asked and you can then formulate good responses in advance. not all questions will be the same but this gives you a general idea of what will be asked.
>>
>>1154318
+1 for good advice
>>
>>1153808
also, it might be good to have an endorphin high to counter the nerves. do your workout before interview. not leg day... but a nice lift and cardio to get the good warm feeling. i find it difficult to be nervous after a good workout.
>>
>>1153767
If you get in there and you are in CA let me know. I would like to brreak in to one of these in the middle of the night.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.