[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Etrade for plebs? What is the best brokerage software /biz/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: e-trade_logo.gif (10 KB, 325x325) Image search: [Google]
e-trade_logo.gif
10 KB, 325x325
Is Etrade for plebs? What is the best brokerage software /biz/
>>
>>1153733
scottrade, but theyre really expensive.
>>
Etrade is good once u get the reduced commission fee
>>
>>1153733
use 1broker tds or ameritrade think or swim

Those are the two best, 1broker has slightly lower fees but I prefer think or swim.
>>
File: 1458458692118.jpg (67 KB, 638x579) Image search: [Google]
1458458692118.jpg
67 KB, 638x579
Can someone tell me about robinhood? I just heard about it recently. It's looking really good to me, but i was wondering what you guys thought about it.
>>
TD Ameritrade is God Tier, but it costs a lot of money in commissions.
>>
>>1153783

Yes TD Ameritrade is great but you better hope you figure out how to make money quick because commissions will punish you if you lose money.
>>
>>1153733
I started out on Etrade. But the trades were too expensive, so now I'm with OptionsHouse. The UI isn't as slick but it gets the job done at the right price.
>>
File: index.png (6 KB, 384x128) Image search: [Google]
index.png
6 KB, 384x128
>>1153733
>>
>>1153782
No commissions. No real analysis support, you need to use other tools to check charts and stats. You have to wait 3 days after you sell before you can use your money.

It's a great no barrier entry point. If you trade fairly frequently or small amounts it's fantastic because you aren't paying commissions. Try it out with like $100 and see if you like it: http://share.robinhood.com/michaeb38
>>
What the hell is up with etoro?
>>
>>1153733
ib as your broker tdameritrade for tos charting. if you pay 10 a trade you're an idiot.
>>
>>1154484
>You have to wait 3 days after you sell before you can use your money.
does RH seriously not have margin accounts? how? how do they make money?
>>
>>1154554
> IB requires $10k
> IB sign up is shit if you dont have an iFail.
>>
>>1154558
>Individuals age 25 or younger USD 3,000 (or non-USD equivalent)
I think a lot of people who can't put together 10k fit this.
>IB sign up is shit if you dont have an iFail.
ok...but they're a better broker.
>>
You don't actually need 10k for IB. I know atleast 5 people who started there with less than that.
>>
>>1154603
What's the minimum?
>>
>>1154556
The same way a bank does: they lend out cash. That's why there's a 3 day settling period.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.